Other Connected watches thread

With all smart watch thing been going on, it is interesting to see how will it end up to at some point. I never been a fan of smart watch. But the policy of Tag Heuer Connected that allow us to "upgrade" to mechanical watch after 2 years, its truly amazing in my opinion.

The emporio armani connected watch for me is amazing. But i might never purchased it. Maybe someday Tag Heuer make similar better one with swiss movement inside ?

havent seen the michael kors one. I did found something on instagram that is more interesting for me. A watch that you can customized everything (dial, colors, strap, etc) and they put swiss movement inside too with price around 200 - 300 usd. Now that is something, in my opinion. Imagine you want to coined your moment with your dear one, you just need to take a picture, order the watch, and bam! you got the dial with your photo in it plus swiss movement watch.

The emporio armani connected watch for me is amazing. But i might never purchased it. Maybe someday Tag Heuer make similar better one with swiss movement inside ?
Now, how about a mechanical or quartz movement on the case-dial, but then "Connected" functions on the e-strap like the Sony concept ^?

^ Montblanc did it, and now Sinn have a special strap where you can attach your Apple Watch.

^ Montblanc did it, and now Sinn have a special strap where you can attach your Apple Watch.
Yes, but nothing as cool as this Sony concept! 😉

New competition from Movado
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ch-a-new-smartwatch-collection-300419596.html

NEW YORK, March 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- MOVADO GROUP, INC. (NYSE: MOV) - Movado announces a partnership with Google to launch Movado Connect, a smartwatch collection powered by Android Wear 2.0, Google's newly redesigned platform. Movado Connect is one of the first watches designed specifically for Android Wear 2.0 and will launch fall of 2017 introducing five men's styles with a starting price of $495 available in the US, the Caribbean, Canada and the UK. The collection will be unveiled at Baselworld 2017.

"The launch of Movado Connect marks another new milestone in Movado's longstanding history of creativity and innovation in watch design," stated Efraim Grinberg, Chairman & CEO, Movado Group. "We are very proud of our collaboration with Google and for the opportunity to provide our customers with an incredibly designed timepiece, powered by the latest, cutting-edge technology platform. Movado Connect, with our proprietary edge-to-edge crystal design, is iconically Movado."

This collaboration showcases each company's respective expertise in building brand-relevant hardware and software capabilities in the connected category. Movado Connect features five unique customizable dials designed and inspired by Movado's iconic Museum dial that empower the wearer to tailor their experience through multiple expressions of Movado's innovative approach to design. Each dial design also includes 3-4 customizable elements including features such as a wide array of complications, backgrounds, and watch hands creating a multitude of possibilities for consumers to create the look they desire. With access to thousands of apps, including Android PayTM, these new watches meet the demands of today's digital age with an updated user interface optimized for round screens, an 'always-on' display, improved fitness tracking, iOS and AndroidTM compatibility and the powerful Google Assistant for performing tasks and getting answers, directions, and timely reminders.

"We are thrilled to partner with Movado, a longtime leader and one of the most iconic brands in the watch industry," said David Singleton, Vice President of Android Engineering at Google. "With our combined expertise in watchmaking, design and software, we are able to create a beautiful yet functional timepiece that helps people live their everyday lives."

Tommy Hilfiger and Hugo Boss, two brands in the Movado Group portfolio, are also partnering with Google. Collections will launch fall of 2017.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/tag-connected-modular-45-review
6 THINGS WE LEARNED FROM THE TAG CONNECTED MODULAR 45 LAUNCH

6. Expect a connected Hublot soon

“Hublot is of course working on this technology,” says Biver. TAG’s parent company, LVMH, also owns Hublot and Zenith. “Zenith probably will never enter the world of the connected watch, but you will see it with Hublot.”

Looks like a nice, more traditional styled watch
On first impressions, yes, but it's a mahoosive 46mm!

Swatch wants to hit Apple and Google wearables where it hurts the most with a new OS and smartwatch
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Swatch-wants-to-hit-Apple-and-Google-wearables-where-it-hurts-the-most-with-a-new-OS-and-smartwatch_id92146

Swatch, Switzerland's largest timepiece maker, has great ambitions for the wearables market. The manufacturer is developing its very own operating system which will be first seen in a brand new smartwatch that is set to hit the shelves at the end of 2018.

Speaking to Bloomberg, Swatch CEO Nick Hayek revealed that the new timepiece will be a member of the Tissot brand which is a subsidiary of the corporation. By "thinking small", Swatch will aim to beat Apple Watch and Android Wear devices in an area where they are currently lagging – battery life. According to Hayek, the new operating system will need less energy and will protect data better.

Considering that these claims are coming from one of the most esteemed watch manufacturers on the planet, one might deem them as convincing at first glance. However, the reality is that the Swiss company might have a very tough time breaking through. By the end of 2018, the battery life of other wearables might be significantly improved, and according to luxury watch industry analyst Luca Solca, coming up with an entirely new OS for the device might not be a good idea:

I’m not convinced. People use smartwatches expecting to use the same apps they have on their mobiles. A proprietary operating system defeats the object.

Still, Swatch might be able to address this issue, as the company is ready to provide its OS to third-party developers. Hayek revealed that the firm has so far received around 100 requests for more information, half of them coming from smaller Silicon Valley businesses that don't wish to be reliant on Android or iOS.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
On first impressions, yes, but it's a mahoosive 46mm!
Might as well Velcro my iPhone on my wrist.

Fossil: Limited Edition Fossil Q x Cory Richards Smartwatch

Richardson, TX March 20, 2017 – Fossil announces its first ever smartwatch collaboration with Cory Richards—a *National Geographic* photographer, world adventurer, extreme climber and longtime Fossil enthusiast. This limited edition smartwatch launches globally March 27, 2016 and will be unveiled at the Baselworld watch fair in Basel, Switzerland.

An adventurer, storyteller, and most importantly a true creative at heart, Richards was the exact partner Fossil hoped to work with for its first-ever Fossil Q collaboration. Richards clearly remembers his first Fossil watch, which is what made this collaboration so uniquely personal. He received a Fossil Blue watch in his early twenties and wore it everywhere, even while climbing in Yosemite. On that trip, he cracked the crystal but it still kept perfect time. On his first sea-kayaking trip to Australia, the watch filled with saltwater and rusted over. He still kept the watch, and even had it framed, as both a sentimental keepsake and also as a memento of the journeys it had been a part of. “The watch became a moving piece of art. It didn’t say what time it was but where I had been and what I had done,” said Richards.

With this spirit of adventure in mind, Richards worked with the Fossil design team to create a wearable as a salute to his iconic original Fossil Blue watch. The limited edition Fossil Q x Cory Richards touchscreen smartwatch blends the best of smart performance and a striking design. With Android Wear powered functionality that connects to your phone and an always-on display, you’ll receive alerts right on your wrist, as well as timely information from Google Now (like traffic alerts, directions and weather updates) and notifications of incoming calls, texts and emails. The built-in activity tracker counts steps, distance and calories burned—whether you’re biking around the city or trekking to the top of a mountain.

Inspired by the aesthetics of the original watch, this smartwatch features customizable faces with light silver, blue and black dials, and splashes of orange on the second-hand and sub-eyes that can be customized with a swipe of your finger. The unique case has been updated with a rugged topring to offset the streamlined silver-tone case and bracelet. An interchangeable leather strap complete with Richards’ signature tops off this one-of-a-kind design.

“It’s a beautiful tribute to the original piece with the modern design features you’d expect in a smartwatch,” Richards said.

About Cory Richards:

A climber and visual storyteller, Cory Richards is on the Eddie Bauer athletic team and a National Geographic photography fellow—a designation reserved for only a handful of people described as those whose work “transcends the art of photography, taking them on journeys to the world’s most remote places and often placing them in great danger —in order to tell the stories that need to be told.”

Richards aims to capture the spirit of adventure and the complex relationship we have with nature. His work has taken him to the extremes of our planet—from Franz Josef Land for a firsthand look at climate change and its immediate effects, to Antarctica, where he and a team of explorers would make a first ascent on the continent’s highest peak. He turns his lens on ancient mysteries and science, as well as the ongoing struggle between cultural traditions and a growing, warming planet.

Guess http://www.droid-life.com/2017/03/20/guess-latest-fashion-watch-brand-enter-android-wear-arena/
Guess, the “global fashion powerhouse” that also makes watches, is the latest to take a stab at smartwatches with the introduction of two Android Wear devices under its Guess Connect line. The watches run Android Wear 2.0 and will arrive for Fall/Winter 2017, according to a press release.

The Guess Connect with Android Wear will come in two sizes, one for the ladies and another for me (their words, not mine). The ladies watch sports a “comfortably chic” 41mm case, while the man piece is a “sleek” 44mm. The ladies version of the Guess Connect will feature crystals, along with silver, gold, and rose gold variations. On the flip side, the men’s option carriers a traditional sport styling.

They both run Snapdragon Wear 2100 processors, feature circular AMOLED displays (390×390, 326ppi), and have cases that are just 11.85mm thick. Guess hasn’t really said much more in terms of specs, so if they turn out to be the most amazing set of internals ever witnessed, we’ll be sure to update this post.

http://www.samsungmobilepress.com/2...s-Esteemed-Watch-Community-at-Baselworld-2017

Abstracts from: http://www.droid-life.com/2017/03/23/samsung-pocket-watch-mechanical-baselworld/

They are showing off a “hybrid pocket concept watch” of the S3. I have no idea what that means, but you can see an image of it below. It appears to sport a mechanical watch movement on its backside, along with a smartwatch on its inside. That’s actually a pretty neat idea for pocket watch lovers. On one hand, you have the smarts of a smartwatch, but should that info not be needed or the battery die, you then have a mechanical watch to at least always give you the time.

Outside of the pocket watch, Samsung also put together a couple of Gear S3 designs that are powered by a Swiss mechanical movement. So these aren’t smartwatches at all, but are concepts that show what a mechanical movement would look like inside their Gear S3 case. They are a skeleton-style watch, which I’m not personally a fan of. Who cares, though – they are concepts.

20170323AKSQZLITHCS0VAIHLXG45MFI.jpg