Forums Latest Members
  1. Derekwg88

Derekwg88 Jan 27, 2020

I bought my Tag Heuer connected watch since it first came out to the market, even now I still have all the sticker on the buckle as I did not even wearing it more than 10 times as there battery is suck and about 2 weeks ago, take it out and try to recharge it and see how it work but it was not working even after 24 hours charge, once it was off the charge for 10 mins, it shut off and I contact with Tag Heuer and they told me to reset it and I try it few time with charging on but still not working right and I below it was the battery issue . This is was they mention on the email, they could not open the watch to do any repair at all and that why they offer replacement program with paying $1800 to change they automatic watch and this is stupid, they should let the customer know if this watch warranty expires the watch will become a garbage and I reply back to them and email them back on 1/14/2020 mention I want them to fix but I am not interested on their replacement program and they must fix it for me as this is not a cheap watch or I will post it to the forum and they never reply back to me since. This is not the right way to do business as a turtle hiding in their shell with out any reply to a customer, please see the screen shoot from their reply email

F9CD3EEC-3D3E-4A2C-B8A3-58EB150DEE94.png
  2. Derekwg88

Derekwg88 Jan 27, 2020

Extra screen shoot for email to confirm they are not able to open the watch to repair

BB5FE0C8-057B-4BD0-A79A-B5D6A2EC2B6D.png
  3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 28, 2020

As a rule, I don't like the forums being used as the vehicle to carry out a threat ("fix it for me or I will post on the forums")- doesn't seem right. But I get your frustration.

I can't answer any specifics on why your watch, but my guess is that if you are still in the Warranty period, then you'll be fine. If you are outside the Warranty period, I don't think TAG Heuer or any other brand would repair as their cost. I actually don't know if it is possible to repair these watches- I think its a case of replacing the module.

BMW Works and Hubert like this.
  4. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Jan 28, 2020

So when did the original Connected came to the market?

5. Derekwg88

Derekwg88 Jan 28, 2020

I don’t mine to pay for the repair after the warranty expires just like any other brands but what drive me crazy is they told me they could not repair the watch only choose is the exchange program to pay $1800 for the automatic version, if this is the case, should they mention to the consumer before they bought it???

6. Derekwg88

Derekwg88 Jan 28, 2020

I think back on 2015, so any member owning this watch, please be aware your only choose is to pay $1800 for the exchange program if your watch is broke.

Prokrastindj likes this.
  7. Prokrastindj

Prokrastindj Feb 3, 2020

I am in the exactly same predicament. Sadly, I too am lost because it took me time to save up for spending USD 1,800/- and now they are offering discount on mechanical watches where I will have to shell out an extra USD 1,500/- at least. I am wearing it as an show piece now and still sad about it.

8. Derekwg88

Derekwg88 Feb 3, 2020

I never see a watch brands telling customer they could not fix it, if this is the case, they should alert customer when they bought the watch and not telling us that why we offer upgrade with $1800 for automatic from their brands. I think most of the owner buying it is because it was a connected watch, if we have to give up what we are looking for to a automatic watch and spend $1800 is not fair.

9. EmJay

EmJay Feb 4, 2020

I agree. Even if it is $180 people will complain, but the price tag is really high for a quite specific mechanical time piece.

I don't like their new mechanical watches at all. And I don't understand this modular concept when I can use my basic and cheap rubber strap (m41) on something else? Why would I do that... I bought luxury smartwatch.

Will see what's going to happen in March, but I'm seriously considering switching to Garmin.