2024 F1 Discussions

TAG Heuer to replace Rolex as official sponsors of F1, so maybe ending their association with Red Bull?
So a price increase coming soon?

Congrats to Oscar Piastri for his first GP victory, to McLaren for this 1-2 in the #HungarianGP and congrats to the Mercedes-AMG engines for this 1-2-3!! 😀

And also congrats to Lewis for his 200 podiums! 👍

what a great race today. Not going to lie, this is the first race in some time that I watched in its entirety in real time (no fast forwarding). finally, F1 back to not being a forgone conclusion.

P1-P2 for the Mercedes-AMG Petronas team at Spa-Francorchamps, and second P1-P2-P3 in a row for the Mercedes-AMG engines!! 😀

A risky but ultimately successful strategy for Russell, and Hamilton who was thinking more about the team than himself, who did not want to risk too much trying to overtake his teammate 👍

Upsss… I’m afraid that Lewis is the winner of the #BelgianGP

It’s already official… Lewis is the winner of the #BelgianGP, his 105th victory! Piastri is now P2, and Leclerc P3

The extra wear on Russell's tyres from making a single stop, and the fact that Spa does not allow for an extra lap to collect rubber marbles and add weight to the tyres, probably cost Russell the win. In the end, the gamble on a one-stop option did not pay off and the victory goes to Hamilton.

I wondered if the loss of rubber might be the cause, cos the tyres are quite heavy aren't they?

I wondered if the loss of rubber might be the cause, cos the tyres are quite heavy aren't they?

As Albert rightly surmised...

"Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff said he suspected that the issue had been caused by Russell making one rather the two stops that his rivals went for, with the lack of rubber on his heavily worn tyres explaining the reduction."

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...ight-at-belgian-gp-analysed-by-bernie-collins

Tough way to loose a race but happened to Vettel several years ago (lost P2) due to not enough fuel left in his car. Needed to be at least 1 liter, he only had 0.3 L...

It's disappointing for him, but everyone knows he drove well. Did running 1kg lighter help him keep Hamilton behind him? Did it reduce his tyre wear. Maybe a little but I guess we'll never know. Always a shame to have results decided after the race, but it was a good one to watch. Spa rarely disappoints.

Oh, forgot about this race, down in N Yorkshire getting money saving tips and attending BTCC race weekend, in the sunshine!!! Seems I missed some excitement.

Hi All! My AD just messaged me after seeing a new Red Bull F1 and Connected Model. He was not able to take photos but told me it is arguably the best version of a Red Bull x Tag Heuer he has seen. Does anyone have anymore details on this?

Hi All! My AD just messaged me after seeing a new Red Bull F1 and Connected Model. He was not able to take photos but told me it is arguably the best version of a Red Bull x Tag Heuer he has seen. Does anyone have anymore details on this?
Have you found out any more Sheldon?