Forums Latest Members
  1. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 13, 2022

While I can understand how LH feels, a better approach would be to keep things quiet and to himself, not let this play out in the media. He can decide whether he wants to continue after the inquiry, which is perfectly reasonable, but there's no need for this attention.

He'd be better off taking the "high road" vs. shining more of a spotlight on the situation, which IMO does look very much like sour grapes now.

2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 13, 2022

Has he? I thought the whole point was that he was keeping to himself...

imagwai likes this.
  3. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 13, 2022

The funniest thing is that all this news that Lewis is waiting for the outcome of the FIA investigation to decide whether to stay in F1 is nothing more than speculation, because Lewis has not said anything. He is just quiet! A certain media is the one that is mounting it all. I have read headlines accusing Lewis of blackmailing the FIA, assuming speculations, when neither Lewis nor his team have declared anything about it! Lewis may simply be quietly on vacation, disconnected from everything, to forget the anger, and return in 2022 with well-charged batteries ;)

imagwai and Anthony.R like this.
  4. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 13, 2022

Yeah it seems reasonable for him to just stay quiet and wait.

5. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Jan 13, 2022

100% Correct.
    Lewis has said nothing. It's ALL speculation.

Albert-AMG and imagwai like this.
  6. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 13, 2022

If Lewis has said absolutely nothing, I take back what I said.

I assumed he must've given someone the idea that he's waiting for the inquiry to decide his next course of action. Otherwise the media just pulled that out of thin air.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  7. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Jan 13, 2022

Sky Sports reported he was waiting for the outcome of the review.
    Lewis has not said a word so far.
    The speculation is what sells papers and gets viewers in the off season I guess.

Mspeedster and Albert-AMG like this.
  8. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jan 13, 2022

But Lewis must be reading the press offerings, so, either put the toys back in the pram and climb on board, or put the pram away and leave head held high. If he’s thinking of leaving, I don’t expect he would want to string it out and then suddenly leave Mercedes in the poop, or, does he want to punish them for not backing him as he hoped?
    It involves so much politics that I don’t really care about, you want to race or don’t, if he wants to prove the FIA wrong, come back with such success that the title is done with a race or two to spare.
    But then that would be boring and people would turn off.
    Ya pays yer money and takes yer choice.
    100 days till the BTCC starts and less till the local circuit holds it’s first event, yippee, probably the F1 will be recorded and result dependent, I may watch.
    image.jpg
    His n hers, we won’t need the F1 for entertainment.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 13, 2022

Why would he do that and weaken his position?

10. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 13, 2022

It would not be the case. Toto explained that the decision not to proceed with the appeal to the FIA ICA was agreed with Lewis, and that everyone in the team agreed that it was the best decision, given the circumstances.

11. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 13, 2022

12. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 13, 2022

Ha, so they are announcing the results on the first day of the new season. So that's screwed the idea of Hamilton waiting to see what the outcome is hasn't it?

13. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 13, 2022

If that's even true. If LH has truly said absolutely nothing and everything is pure speculation, then for all we know LH never had any thoughts about retirement & is waiting on nothing.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  14. Yago

Yago Jan 14, 2022

Come on now, no excuse for this. I understand he’s disappointed, but this whole narrative about being robbed, full on Trump style, is exaggerated. Max was the most consistent driver all year, outscoring Lewis in almost every statistic. Most drivers and team managers have stated Max was the better driver this year.
    Lewis didn’t win Abu Dhabi on track. There was a safety car. You don’t win until you cross the line. Max’ puncture is evidence to that.
    The greatest showman in F1 has gone silent, taking it like a spoiled little kid. Hardly the greater man comments that were voice after the race.

Pitfitter446 likes this.
  15. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 14, 2022

16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 14, 2022

Maybe not. Bullshit has reached critical peaks, who knows what's true any more.

17. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Jan 14, 2022

I just saw an article about Red Bull and Porsche teaming up in 2026. Should make you happy Michael. Red Bull x Porsche x Tag Heuer

Mspeedster likes this.
  18. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 14, 2022

Yeah, I could be in heaven, provided it's a nice watch. Actually, I'm happy with just Porsche x TAG Heuer. I'm indifferent about RB, would rather have a Gulf x Porsche x TAG Heuer.

Anthony.R likes this.
  19. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 14, 2022

There is no possible comparison. Trump legally lost the election. Lewis was illegally robbed of the Title by the FIA Race Director, and the regulation that Masi broke is very clear. They are diametrically opposite cases. I have both Race Director and Steward licenses for more than 25 years (different trainings and exams for both licenses), I know what I'm talking about. What Masi did is a scandal. You can argue whether the referee has correctly called a yellow card or not, but the referee cannot invent a purple card!

Please read this article if you want to know with details why Masi was completely wrong, as the Stewards were also wrong to cover him up:
    http://www.moneysavingmotoring.co.uk/f1xed/?s=08

That has nothing to do with what happened in the last lap of the season. No one doubts that Max would have been a deserving Title winner had he won Abu Dhabi fairly, but it was Hamilton who dominated that race, the decisive race of the season, and it was Hamilton who would have won it - and with it the Title- if the FIA Race Director has not infringed its own regulations. Titles are not deserved, they are earned. And the 2021 Title legally belongs to Hamilton. Masi illegally made Max win the Title

It was precisely Hamilton who won Abu Dhabi on the track, dominating the entire race. That last racing lap should never have occurred if the regulations had been respected. Hamilton did not have any puncture. He completed all 58 laps and crossed the finish line. Simply that lap 58 should have finished under Safety Car, and therefore in the same order as lap 57, with Hamilton first. Only Masi invented a last lap of the race that should never have happened that way. Masi manipulated the result and the Title simply to make it more beautiful for television. I would be just as outraged if the same situation had occurred but with the protagonists changed. It's not about who he favored and who he hurt, it's about Masi taking away the integrity and seriousness of the sport (a sport that disqualified Hamilton in Brazil by just 0.2mm on one end of his wing…), removing the Safety Car one lap earlier than is written in the regulations, simply to put on more of a show. F1 is not WWE, or it shouldn't be!
    #MasiOUT

20. Yago

Yago Jan 14, 2022

The same arguments all over again. Max has had it worse with race control all season and lost more points. This fixation on the last race is misplaced.
    Masi out? He has an impossible job. Change the decision making structure, not the man.
    The season’s best man won, I’m happy with that. The last race’s controversy doesn’t take the shine off Max’ WC, as Hamilton put in in Silverstone.

Tag_ZA likes this.