2024 F1 Discussions

So I'm going to focus on enjoying the 2024 season (hopefully with a more competitive Mercedes-AMG W15 that can compete for victories and fight for the Titles), and from 2025 onwards... I will continue to want a Mercedes to win, and therefore I will want the Silver Arrows to beat Hamilton and his Ferrari. For the first time since 2007 I will hope Hamilton doesn't win... it will be strange

@Albert-AMG who would you like to fill the vacancy in 2025?
If it weren't for the fact that Lando Norris has just renewed with McLaren Mercedes until the end of 2026, Lando would be my favorite driver to accompany Russell. I don't know which drivers are free for 2025... maybe Bottas could return! 😉

It's easier for fans like me, I'm a Lewis fan first, Mercedes fan second. So I'll move with him, just need to buy new shirts, new hats and get new watch faces )

Interesting times for F1.
Biggest name to leave a team in a long long time.
Will Lewis bring Ferrari back to the Top?

Apparently Ferrari stock increased in value by 4 BILLION DOLLAS today. So I guess they can afford him.

I don't understand?
Taken within the whole quote if you were a Ferrari fan, and also a follower of Lewis, you would be happy.
I wonder if Mercedes will be talking to the other Hamilton race driver Nic? he doesn’t appear to have plans for 2025 yet.😉

If it weren't for the fact that Lando Norris has just renewed with McLaren Mercedes until the end of 2026, Lando would be my favorite driver to accompany Russell. I don't know which drivers are free for 2025... maybe Bottas could return! 😉
Is Alonso contracted post this year? Or could vettel be persuaded to come back to a top seat maybe?

Do we actually want to see Vettel come back and humiliate himself all over again?

Is Alonso contracted post this year? Or could vettel be persuaded to come back to a top seat maybe?
I think Alonso is free for 2025, like Albon, Ocon, Gasly… There are several options.

But it would be strange if with the damage that Alonso did to McLaren-Mercedes in 2007 (with blackmail to Ron Dennis that finally cost the team a fine of 100 million dollars) he returned to drive years later for McLaren, and that he also does so in 2025 for Mercedes. It would be very strange

Yeah, don't think it would happen - but would be great to see Fernando in a competitive car again.

Let’s see - I’d have thought merc as a team will likely want a top name driver to make a statement given Lewis has pulled the pin so dramatically. obviously noted re the prior issues.

But nothing will likely be sorted until a good way through the year anyway so doubtless the rumour mill will have a number of drivers in the mix

I read somewhere that when Hamilton and Merc were signing the latest contract that Hamilton wanted a 3 year contract, but Merc insisted on a 1 year. So they compromised with a 2 year, that had "get-out" clauses for both sides.

It could be that part of Hamilton's decision was made because he might have felt somewhat snubbed by Merc for not wanting to sign him for the "long" term contract, and thus were displaying a diminishing of their faith in him.

That may well be part of what helped him decide to accept Ferrari's offer when it was made. It might be possible that Ferrari heard about the above and decided "nothing tried, nothing gained", and made their offer.

Also: he's worked with Vasseur before and they have a good relationship.

It's also a good bucket-list item..... how many of us could tick off "Raced for Ferrari in F1"??

C Horner under investigation according to the news, what for? Nobody is saying, yet.