Forums Latest Members
  1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 20, 2022

Did Max get his first Q3 lap time deleted? Cos he sure as hell was over the white line at the last corner. They even showed a slow motion replay of it as if pointing it out.... no doubt the FIA have relaxed the rule again for some random reason.

Perfect start for Red Bull, Max doesn't even need to let Checo win as long as he finishes in front of LeClerc then it's mission accomplished.

2. Yago

Yago Nov 20, 2022

Saw loads of drivers over the white line there, including lec in q1.

3. Yago

Yago Nov 20, 2022

Sure consider myself a ‘fan’, thanks.
    No mistake in comparing with other drivers I think, puts things in perspective. We don’t know what happened in Monaco, neither what happened in Brasil, so that evens out. Maybe Max and Checo have some other beef no one outside of RB knows about, so what. Point is that despite the unknowns some people are 100% sure Max is fault and a tool at that. He’s not a diplomat and will say what he thinks and do what he reckons is right, not caring about what anybody thinks. I respect that. He will speak up when trolls threaten him and his family about such nonsense.
    Last two seasons have been more about the juice and politics surrounding F1 than racing. That’s a shame cause F1 hasn’t been this exciting since the Senna years for me.

stevec14 and Jim Dollares like this.
  4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Nov 20, 2022

A well deserved P2 in the Championship for Charles, given all the goof ups at team Ferrari this season. It would've been a much more exciting season if Ferrari had their act together to challenge Max.
    P2.jpg

5. Yago

Yago Nov 20, 2022

Well done by Charles. Pretty amazing his own strategy gave him the 2nd spot as the team wanted to bring him in for a second stop. That wouldn’t have ended well.

Mspeedster likes this.
  6. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Nov 20, 2022

His team has been his own worst enemy this year. ::facepalm2::
    He's been screwed so many times, made it very easy for Max, and Perez shouldn't have been that close for P2 in the championship.

RockBurner and Anthony.R like this.
  7. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Nov 20, 2022

So in the end Max has cost Checo position 2 in the championship by not giving him the position in the last race and not being in a position to help him this race.

Mspeedster and RockBurner like this.
  8. Yago

Yago Nov 20, 2022

Maybe next season he’ll drive a little faster and it’ll all work out.

9. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Nov 20, 2022

:D

10. RockBurner

RockBurner Nov 20, 2022

Yup.

If Verstappen was truly playing the team game for Red Bull, he would have "let" Checo take the lead off the startline, and blocked/defended 2 place for the rest of the race

Instead he chased his personal glory and got his 15th win in a season to break a record. That's a great thing for Max, and i wouldn't take that away from him at all, however, it's not "playing the team game" which is what he had said he was doing in every interview he's given this weekend.

I'm sure that's not lost on the Red Bull management team. They had every chance to get a record breaking 1,2 WDC, and winning the WCC, but Verstappen took that away from them..

11. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Nov 20, 2022

That statement is only reserved for the one and only Danny Ric....

12. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Nov 20, 2022

Something that is doing the Rounds of Social Media. I have no idea if true or not. Just interesting.
    There is some crazy division between the Red Bull fans now. Screenshot_20221121_111819_Messenger.jpg Screenshot_20221121_111841_Messenger.jpg

13. kappa_md

kappa_md Nov 20, 2022

I think Max will play the “team game” IF he is in a position to do so. By being super fast, getting pole and leading the whole race, he wasn’t in that position, therefore washes his hand on this Red Bull team drama.

Goodbye & Danke Seb!
    Welcome back to RB DaniRic!
    Great job Red Bull, Max & Checo! (& HONDA!)
    Congratulations TAG Heuer! You are a Champion Again!

Anthony.R likes this.
  14. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Nov 20, 2022

If Max had let Checo pass in Brazil and the results are as they are in this race, Checo still ends up 3rd. Do you think Max would really let Checo by for the win? Ha ha, never going to happen, Max just isn't built that way. I have no love for Max, but he is who he is.

Danny never should've left RB. I understand why he did, but he should've toughed it out and continued to battle Max despite the politics. I believe he was capable of beating Max on a given day or season, as Rosberg beat Hamilton for the 2016 WDC. Not so sure any more, his performance at McLaren has left me mystified. Either Lando is just that good, or Danny has lost his touch in his older age. But he's got another chance with RB and if he proves faster than Checo, who knows what might happen... :whistling:

Edited Nov 20, 2022
    Yago likes this.
  15. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Nov 20, 2022

Agree mate.
    Daniel made a mistake leaving but I understand why.
    The Bias towards Max at RB is evident as it has been for a long time at Mercedes with Lewis.
    There is always a Number 1 and 2 in the Top teams. Regardless of what Toto or Horner say publicly.

I think Daniel is just there as a PR Man to be honest. Everyone loves him and who better to be the face of RB in corporate events ?
    The drivers hate that stuff and now RB have a designated person to do it.

If Checo isn't quick or falls out with Max or the team then there is a ready made replacement who knows the car.

Mspeedster likes this.
  16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 21, 2022

Wow, Perez is only 32, I thought he was older than that... and yeah I figured the points didn't matter he still would have been third in the standings.

Funny watching George squirming when Steve Jones was ribbing him about beating Hamilton over a season. True blue Mercedes politician that boy.

17. kappa_md

kappa_md Nov 23, 2022

Hubert likes this.
  18. Jemagloh

Jemagloh Nov 23, 2022

Looks like that may be the skeleton Monza on CH's wrist.

Daniel-Ricciardo-jokes-with-Christian-Horner-planetF1.jpg

19. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 23, 2022

It's nice seeing Ricciardo back in the navy blue colors. Let's see how this plays out for Checo.

20. mattp

mattp Jan 3, 2023

FEC9CA25-B85F-4AEA-8E86-D1754524A451.png
    RIP Ken Block..

Hubert, Mspeedster and Pitfitter446 like this.