Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kappa_md

kappa_md Jul 4, 2020

Surely there’s lack of development in Ferrari’s side. ::rant:Hard to compete in a well built proven engine/aero package by the Mercedes F1 team.

Racing Point has learned and been buying/doing what HAAS did with Ferrari when they were still competitive ::popcorn::

Edited Jul 4, 2020
  2. El Matarife

El Matarife Jul 5, 2020

What exactly is the deal with Racing Point, did it buy Mercedes old 2019 car or...? Everyone is calling it the pink Mercedes!

3. kappa_md

kappa_md Jul 5, 2020

It is still speculation sir and Racing Point said they made alot of development on their car. But the analytics and commentators can clearly see its huge resemblance with the 2019 Mecedes F1. As we can see from the Free Practice & Qualifying results, this has catapulted Racing Point above the midfield! Mercedes is mum about it. The only speculation I can think of is that Toto Wolff who is an investor in Aston Martin connects to Lawrence Stroll who recently took a huge control over Aston Martin and will convert Racing Point to Aston Martin F1 in 2021

4. kappa_md

kappa_md Jul 5, 2020

Lights out and away we go! (10 minutes) ::psy::

5. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 5, 2020

New Red Bull protest against Mercedes. First against DAS, now against Hamilton's lap yesterday with yellow flags for Bottas (which did not represent any advantage to Hamilton because he had the second position also), and that they have managed to penalize Hamilton with three positions on the grid... Red Bull trying to win in the offices what they cannot win on the track :whipped:

I don't like this style :mad:. I dislike that TAG Heuer sponsors this team if it continues in this vein. In the end I will have to stop buying TAG Heuer and go to IWC ;)

Anthony.R likes this.
  6. Albert-AMG

Verstappen out for technical problems... Karma exists ;)

Anthony.R likes this.
  7. Michael156

Michael156 Jul 5, 2020

Wow, interesting race!

8. El Matarife

El Matarife Jul 5, 2020

Go Lando, great job!

Albert-AMG likes this.
  9. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Jul 5, 2020

Well, I'm quite pleased that Bottas won in Austria. Makes a change.......

Hubert likes this.
  10. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 5, 2020

Anthony.R likes this.
  11. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 5, 2020

Really!?

12. Albert-AMG

I don’t like the way Red Bull has started the season based on unfair claims against Mercedes, first against the DAS system that had previously been declared legal by the FIA, and today -shortly before starting the race- against the Hamilton's last lap yesterday in Q3, which had also been declared correct by the Stewards, and which furthermore had not provided him with any advantage over any Red Bull driver, as Hamilton was also ahead of them even canceling that lap. I don’t like this type of claim at all, it’s playing dirty and trying to win in the offices what you are unable to do better on the track. But Karma exists, and Red Bull comes out with 0 points from this race, while Mercedes is leading both drivers and constructors standings ;)

I certainly don’t like that TAG Heuer sponsors a team that acts in such an unsportsmanlike way, because it’s not about winning at all costs. When we talk about brand image, it matters more how you win or race than the result itself. And for me Red Bull has lost a lot of image with these bad loser claims

Too bad my budget now does not allow me to buy an IWC now, but of course the team they have chosen to sponsor makes them have all my sympathy, a sympathy that Red Bull just lost to me, and therefore the sponsorship of TAG Heuer to Red Bull has become a negative thing for me. I just hope that Red Bull stop their complain filing ways in the future to avoid me this conflict with my favourite watch brand... I already had enough negative sponsorship with Cristiano Ronaldo! ;)

13. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jul 5, 2020

Gotta love David Coulthard and his assertion that Mercedes should subvert the five second penalty by telling Bottas to let Hamilton by and then stay within five seconds of him thereby giving them a 1-2.

He also suggested they could have switched back once they were at the line, but there's no guarantee that they would have been able to get away from Albon who was on soft tyres.

It sounds fine, until you realise the points that Bottas would be giving up by doing that, and what chance if the roles were reversed at the last race that Hamilton would play ball? Zero.

Plus I can't help but think the FIA might have had something to say about that tactic as well.

Bottas needs to maximise every opportunity if he's going to beat Hamilton, especially as it looks like no one is going to take points off either of them this year.

14. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jul 5, 2020

To be honest, the other teams are in a bad place this year with Merc being allowed to run a system no one else has. I know that's how F1 is sometimes, but it really sucks to have one team with such a huge advantage and I can see why the other teams would try everything to get some kind of leverage. F1 is not gentlemanly, and has not been for about 40 years... Horner's job is to maximise his team's potential and if the FIA can't decided on penalties and apply them properly then it's up to the other teams to protest.

For the life of me, Red Bull take camera footage from Twitter to prove something that should have been easily verifiable from the telemetry. So 2020 FIA is as USELESS as ever!

15. Albert-AMG

Yes, of course Bottas hindered Hamilton in his attempt to get those 5 seconds away from the drivers behind him. I also think that, as a team, Mercedes should prioritize a 1-2 trying to dilute that penalty (also I think it was unfair, because the touch with Albon was a simple race incident). Asking Bottas to let Hamilton pass for a Bottas 1st and Hamilton 2nd (or at least 3rd) would have made a lot of sense

16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jul 5, 2020

The problem with those things is that seems 'fair' at the start of the season but 'unfair' at the end of the season... but points in the first race are worth the same as the last. Michael Schumacher said that once in the most ridiculous of circumstances but he was 100% right. The irony though is that if Merc were to prioritise 1-2 finishes at any cost it would probably help Bottas more than Hamilton...

17. El Matarife

El Matarife Jul 5, 2020

If Bottas had let Lewis past, Lewis would have done everything he could to get more than 5 secs ahead of Bottas, and take the win. Lewis is single minded about winning, he's relentless, that's why he's been so successful, and is always so dangerous. Possibly the most complete driver of all time TBH.

18. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jul 5, 2020

Yes, and there's Merc telling them to keep off the kerbs and don't stress the gearbox - last thing they needed!

19. Albert-AMG

Mercedes is allowed to run this DAS system because they have invented it and because is legal. This is innovation and creativity, something that should be rewarded. The other teams are free to copy the idea and try to develop it, instead of just filing claims

Of course I could understand that Horner made a protest about Hamilton lap under the yellow flag if thanks to that lap he would have surpassed any of his drivers, but even without that lap, Hamilton was already second and was already ahead of his two drivers. The Stewards already investigated the situation, concluding that there were yellow and green lights at the same time, and that therefore they were not going to sanction Hamilton as there was a contradictory message. That after all that, and taking into account that the Red Bull drivers had not been affected by that Hamilton lap, Horner claimed -after the deadline, and shortly before the start of the race- that lap, it seems to me to be a bad loser and very unsportsmanlike. This is not the way I like a team sponsored by my favorite watch brand to behave.

20. Albert-AMG

With only three laps to go, in the same car and on the same tires, Bottas could easily finish the race within 5 seconds of Hamilton if he let him pass. Hamilton couldn't get away from Bottas more than 1.6s per lap!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.