The Ayrton Senna x TAG Heuer Appreciation Thread

images

No he didn't. Michael said he thought he had two but it turned out he had a cream one and a grey one.
A cream one and a grey one. So, two?

Why would you paint a picture of a guy getting out of a crashed car? Especially a guy who famously died in that same car.

Would you paint a picture of Kurt Cobain playing with a shotgun?

BIZARRE.

And a bit distasteful.

Why would you paint a picture of a guy getting out of a crashed car? Especially a guy who famously died in that same car.

Would you paint a picture of Kurt Cobain playing with a shotgun?

BIZARRE.

And a bit distasteful.
Is that a painting? I thought you asked fake intelligence to generate it

I dunno, it kind of has some artistic merit. It's an illustration of the danger these guys put themselves through, as well as a stark contrast to the celebration of victory.

Is that a painting? I thought you asked fake intelligence to generate it

No, it has a watermark in the corner 'Fine Art America'.

I dunno, it kind of has some artistic merit. It's an illustration of the danger these guys put themselves through, as well as a stark contrast to the celebration of victory.

Well, maybe. But it's a bit morbid.

Cool, but why do you need two?
suspicious-boy-cartoon-hand-drawn-image-vector-17755315.jpg
I hardly sell my watches. I find trading more fun. Both parties satisfied and no hassle about money. So I'm going to use this as a means of exchange. With my other 'Senna' 😉I have already had several exchange proposals in the past. So nr.2 will work. I hope..😗

Oh I see. So you're just a dirty flipper now... 🙄
I will flip it for a new Kitt watch. 😝

This is all good Michael, but given all this information that you've provided does it not rather leave you feeling that the cream dial S/EL is rather overplayed as THE Senna watch?
You do have a point. After sifting through countless photos, his grey dial S/EL and his white dial 6000 (WH5151) are just as much Senna watches. However, thanks to DC, the story of how his cream dial was given to his mechanic, Ron Pellat, when Senna left McLaren has become part of the legend. The grey dial is like the sibling who always takes a back seat to his more famous brother.

But what that photo tells me is that he carried both with him and wore whichever suited his mood. Having said that, my perception from back when Senna was alive was the cream dial was his watch of choice. It's the one I saw him wearing most often on TV and in magazines. So that was the model I always wanted even back then. Whether or not he really wore it the most is up for debate.

This video shows a lot more of the Senna Forever Exhibit. Lots of very cool Senna memorabilia! 😎
Indecently, his grey dial S/EL (ref. S25.206) can be seen at the 2:17 mark. I assume it's the actual watch that Senna owned.