TAG Heuer Connected- Your Reactions

Here are the first pictures from the unboxing. My day has been back-to-back meetings, so I haven't been able to spend time on this. More to come a bit later...

Looks good. Not sure what "Assembled in China" means compared to "Manufactured by TAG Heuer"- my guess is that TAG Heuer make the "watch" components (Case, strap, deployant, bezel) and then ship those parts to China where they are assembled along with the electronics?

Yeah, I have been wondering about that too. I am still doing the unboxing, the watch it still wrapped and I have yet to turn it on. More to come...

The other thing that stands out is it has a bit of a retro TAG Heuer F1 first gen circa 1980s feel about it, would be even more so if the bezel colour were matched, and I kinda like that. Wonder if there's going to be a bracelet option though? Would a standard Carrera bracelet fit it or is this case significantly different from a regular Carrera?
any thoughts on when/if thefe will be face hacks?

any thoughts on when/if thefe will be face hacks?

Yes, there will be...but no word on when. You'll download them from the Google Play store. I think TAG Heuer mentioned that they will have ambassadors designing "signature" dials- hope we get some classics in there too

that is one real benefit imho... rotating the same watch all week

Once the Setup & Sync is finished; there are two applications available on the PHONE that work with the Watch:
1) TAG Heuer Connected (shown above ^) is designed to register your watch with TAG Heuer and after that you can set the face & color to use.

2) Android Wear is the Primary application designed by Google.
Edited:

that is seriously cool

now i want one ... ::facepalm1::

Yes, there are a lot of cool functions. The TAG Heuer faces are great, the ALWAYS ON can be turned-off if desired. You can set the Chrono, use the GMT dial, set alarms & timers, and when you download the sponsored Race Chrono App, it will give your run on the race-track.

The rest of the functions are native to Android Wear and many of them are pretty useful with A LOT of untapped potential. The voice control is good; need to test how the microphone copes with background noise. I am looking forward to testing the Google MAPS & NAV, then at home to control the LIFX lights, play music, remote control the ChromeCast devices (e.g. MusicCast, NexusTV), etc.
Edited:

The titanium clasp is great. Overall it wears extremely light. I am pretty excited and still exploring all the integrated functions.

The strap can be shortened quite a bit. I probably have thicker wrists than yours, but the strap can be shortened by more than an inch further. In all honesty I don't think you'll have a problem with it.

TH doesn't want to sell me this watch apparently. US website sales restricted to US IP address. No online option for Canadians. No stores carry it in the PNW, only 2 stores serving the rest of the country. This combined with my suspicions confirmed that it's made in China is pretty much the last nail in the coffin.

I will wait for the announcement of the Breitling Exospace next month and decide then, I'd rather give my money to a indie company that will deliver a Swiss-Made piece anyhow.