Forums Latest Members
  1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 9, 2015

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 9, 2015

WernerBoeinck likes this.
  3. Hubert

I placed my order as soon as the online store went live. I am pleased with what they did.

4. dtf

dtf Nov 9, 2015

My reaction...unsure. Thoughts:

- I like it a lot more than I was expecting, because it looks like a real watch, although I'd like to see it in the metal to see how realistic the faces look. Titanium and black rubber is a good combo for me.
    - Love the data in the sub-dials, and the digital readout on the twin time.
    - If the faces are realistic, maybe I want it more than a regular watch, so I can swap faces when I feel like a change.
    - Shame its only splashproof, especially given Tag's experience building dive watches.
    - I want to know more about the battery life, so far I've heard 'all day' and '40 hours'. Neither are really enough.
    - The trade in program is interesting.

I am *almost* tempted to order one, Im hoping to buy a JH80/81 and a ws2113 in the next few months, this could wear either of those faces, but just not 100% yet. Alternatively I could buy a fenix 3 and get better battery life, GPS and still have sapphire and good looks, and save £700.

Edit: Watching the livestream from engadget - the first Tag video has made me really want a heuer-01!

Edited Nov 9, 2015
  5. elbeik

elbeik Nov 9, 2015

I love that it looks like a true Carrera, albeit larger at 45mm. None of the less, it still carries the heritage we all appreciate.

Is it a revolution? I wouldn't call it as such.
    The innovation, as Mr. Biver labelled it, is packaging a smart watch inside a timepiece case. You'll be wearing a true watch, and not a gadget.

And please, enough with the rainbow rubber. Let's have some customization options with leather, bracelets, textile etc.. Look at the Apple watch; it's not even a real timepiece and you can have anything from braided to Nato.

I'll hold my breath for a while, but might eventually take the plunge.

6. Calibre11

Here's another shot of the launch dial options
    T+T Connected.jpg

7. Hubert

8. CajunTiger

CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Nov 9, 2015

Very interesting...not sure its enough to entice me to ditch my vintage watches. At the end of the day its competition for wrist time :)
    Until its accepted to wear a watch on both wrists, its a pass for me. Looking at the Verge review, its quite bright and will never be confused for an actual analog watch. It is also quite expensive for basically the same technology that already exists...nothing revolutionary here.

9. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 9, 2015

I think the biggest standout is just what a steaming pile of crap it makes every other Android watch look like by comparison, even the round face models. JCB was probably onto something when he opted to partner with Google and Intel and let them handle the tech while he handled the watchmaking rather than try to do both like the unfortunate watches made by Samsung and co.

Other than that, it looks like a normal TAG Heuer watch, which is great as my Apple Watch is in my experience, is a step up on Apple, as it looks unquestionably Apple, and a bit geeky as well.

dtf likes this.
  10. dtf

dtf Nov 9, 2015

I've been wearing a watch on one wrist and a fitbit on the other watch for about 6 months, so far no-one has commented. The fitbit is obviously a fitness tracker thou, not a watch.

Agreed. And I think it blows the apple watch away too.

11. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 9, 2015

The other thing that stands out is it has a bit of a retro TAG Heuer F1 first gen circa 1980s feel about it, would be even more so if the bezel colour were matched, and I kinda like that. Wonder if there's going to be a bracelet option though? Would a standard Carrera bracelet fit it or is this case significantly different from a regular Carrera?

12. Pell031

Pell031 Nov 9, 2015

yup, same reaction here. though it's still not an item I want, I'm very impressed by what they did here

13. Calibre11

Here's a re-life shot from the Verge showing the dial and a second from @swithinbanking of the Calibre 5 "Trade-in model"
    tag-heuer-connected-watch-hands-on-0598.0.jpg CTY4CjxWEAAt6qN (2).jpg

Wools likes this.
  14. Calibre11

The Calibre 5 looks pretty sharp for $1500!

WernerBoeinck likes this.
  15. dtf

dtf Nov 9, 2015

you mean $3000....

16. Calibre11

well, yes for the pair.

Love the detail of the way the strap meets the case- a better design than the Heuer-01 in my view
    Version 2 (1).jpg

17. dtf

dtf Nov 9, 2015

I assume you have to give the Connected back before you can have the Calibre 5? (Which I agree looks rather nice)

18. Calibre11

Good question...not sure what TAG Heuer will do with the old Smartwatches?

19. elbeik

elbeik Nov 9, 2015

Will they replace the complete watch? I thought I understood they will remove the computer and replace it with a mechanical movement.
    You keep your case.

20. Hubert

I think that they should also have add an upgrade plan for those of us who would like to trade it for the next "Connected" model.

Akineton, Wastelanderuk and dtf like this.