TAG Heuer Connected- Your Reactions

On another topic, the brown leather band for the Connected is for sale in London (the one which apparently you can only buy in Paris); I bought one at Goldsmiths Jewelers in Soho. Just popped in and was very surprised to hear they had all the extra bands for sale. It was pricey but couldn't pass it up as I am US based and have had trouble finding even the rubber watch bands for sale as stand alone items.

On another topic, the brown leather band for the Connected is for sale in London (the one which apparently you can only buy in Paris); I bought one at Goldsmiths Jewelers in Soho. Just popped in and was very surprised to hear they had all the extra bands for sale. It was pricey but couldn't pass it up as I am US based and have had trouble finding even the rubber watch bands for sale as stand alone items.
Can you post some pictures when you get a chance, please?

Can you post some pictures when you get a chance, please?
Will certainly do!

Pictures of the Connected with brown leather band purchased in London (Goldsmiths Jewelers in Soho), really loving it so far! The inside of the watch strap is rubber and actually quite comfortable. Originally purchased the watch on release in the US with an orange band.

Looks pretty good; thanks for the pictures. I wish we had more options now, like embossed leather, along with other colors. Although that is probably already in the pipeline. Cheers!

Latest PR images show the new band, but also what appears to be the loss of the titanium side shell?

Did it have a 'stainless steel frame' before?

Doesn't mention steel - I remember at the time they made a big deal about it being titanium and a few reviews commenting it was too light.

Doesn't mention steel - I remember at the time they made a big deal about it being titanium and a few reviews commenting it was too light.
Exactly. My thought is that they figured they could easily replace the titanium with steel, to save some costs and at the same time give the watch some heft.

And cut the price too?
I doubt it; heard nothing about that.

Latest PR images show the new band, but also what appears to be the loss of the titanium side shell?
Daft question but why do some watches have Swiss engineered I think it says on the bottom of the bezel but some don't ie my watch doesn't ?

Daft question but why do some watches have Swiss engineered I think it says on the bottom of the bezel but some don't ie my watch doesn't ?
The first ones had it, but then it was removed; don't know the exact date. My guess is that this was done to avoid misunderstandings of its origin, since the assembly & manufacturing (of at least the electronics) is done in China.

The first ones had it, but then it was removed; don't know the exact date. My guess is that this was done to avoid misunderstandings of its origin, since the assembly & manufacturing (of at least the electronics) is done in China.
Thanks for replying Hubert, at least I know it isnt fake 😀

Yes, @Hubert is right. The Connected is not made in Switzerland...so it can't say "Swiss Made". What is it Apple say on the back of their phone? "Designed in California"..

Will check out the changes to steel- yes, the original was titanium, but maybe the second batch has a few running changes

Hello,

I got my new Connected two days ago. It's really great but I have some small issues. I hope someone here could to help me with this.

I'm using iOS to control the watch.

The first problem is that I don't have the ambassador watchfaces. Since I installed everything yesterday I am assuming that I've got the latest version of the software.

I halso have a problem with downloading the new indy 500 watchface. It does download and I get sone kind of approval question on my watch but it never finishes.

And last, the watch does not automatically connect with apps like golfshot. Every description says it should see the watch itself, but unfortunately nothing happens.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks,

Devin

Hello,

I got my new Connected two days ago. It's really great but I have some small issues. I hope someone here could to help me with this.

I'm using iOS to control the watch.

The first problem is that I don't have the ambassador watchfaces. Since I installed everything yesterday I am assuming that I've got the latest version of the software.

I halso have a problem with downloading the new indy 500 watchface. It does download and I get sone kind of approval question on my watch but it never finishes.

And last, the watch does not automatically connect with apps like golfshot. Every description says it should see the watch itself, but unfortunately nothing happens.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks,

Devin

Still having issues Devin?

Looks like there is a new strap
269679-6c2666075a2fdbef27b80f658f2d9b92.jpg