cassis Jan 16, 2022

Akineton likes this.
  2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 16, 2022

3. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 16, 2022

:eek:
    I think it’s awful! :confused:
    Just 30 meters waterproof, steel, smaller screen than the TH Connected, no LTE, no Wear OS compatible (so no option to install WatchMaker), Made in China… and price over $4000! What a joke! :D

4B326B68-BED7-471E-8C19-FB602BD5A27D.jpeg

4. dtf

dtf Jan 16, 2022

I can't help feel we will be looking back in a few years time and smiling sadly at the Swiss watch industrys attempt to compete with the apple watch. I honestly don't know anyone outside of this forum that would consider buying an overpriced 'swiss' smart watch, they all either buy apple, garmin or real watches.

5. Jim Dollares

I am not saying it is good. But its a brilliant business move. Imagine how many pretend to be rich posers who will buy this just to flex. And in two years when the new model comes they will buy it again. And again and again. Brilliant!

6. Albert-AMG

Yes, for sure this watch will have a certain type of potential buyer. In a small number but with a large profit margin for each watch sold (especially being made in China)... if there are those who buy a Richard Mille at unjustified prices just to show off, there will also be those who pay that unjustified amount for a Chinese LV steel smartwatch... but of course it's not for me! ;) I find it horrible! :confused:

7. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Jan 16, 2022

This isn't the first time LV have released a smart watch. This is the 2nd generation.
    Bit with no LTE it doesn't look good for the Tag Connected.

8. cassis

cassis Jan 16, 2022

I did not watch the videos but indeed, it seems it is not running Wear OS. That would mean the next TH would release in March with its own OS. Well at the end, what matters most to me is to get the notifications, steps, heart rate and an original design.

Edited Jan 16, 2022
  9. cassis

cassis Jan 16, 2022

I would not buy it but still find the design very interesting and different with the LED crown...

GMTN likes this.
  10. cassis

cassis Jan 16, 2022

"A new exclusive operating system (“certified Made for iPhone”) offers an infinite choice of personalization and embeds the Louis Vuitton apps: My Day (with heart rate), My Travel (with 30 City Guides), Louis Vuitton Connect ( interaction with LV connected objects)…"

11. Jim Dollares

Agree, great to see that not all products look exactly the same

12. cassis

cassis Jan 16, 2022

2870 EUR.

Capture d’écran 2022-01-16 à 13.00.58.png
    Edited Jan 16, 2022
    GMTN and Jim Dollares like this.
  13. dtf

dtf Jan 16, 2022

This might be the motivation - as I've been saying for years, the majority of the market for a $4000 smart watch don't use Android phones.

14. Albert-AMG

Agree, it looks different… awful but different :D

25572B93-6560-446E-A317-CF07CB3BFC8B.png

Edited Jan 16, 2022
    thingziliketoo likes this.
  15. Albert-AMG

Not necessarily. LV may find its own OS necessary in order to try to justify an unjustifiable price for their smartwatch, while TAG Heuer may decide to keep Wear OS on Gen4 in order to have access to many more apps. Is it supposed to be compatible with Wear OS 3? Gen3 is not.

If Gen4 doesn't use Wear OS it would mean not being able to install the WatchMaker app, and that would be a disaster for many users

16. Albert-AMG

I have several of my Gen2 Modular 45 paired to an Android phone at work, and another Gen2 Modular 45 paired to my personal iPhone, so I've been able to compare their performance with both systems.

The bottom line is that since the watch received the Wear OS 'System H' update months ago, it works great with iPhone, and in some ways even better than with Android. So, taking into account how it works with the current software, there is no lack of a specific OS to improve its use with the iPhone, since it already works perfectly. Also, if using a different OS means not being able to install the WatchMaker app on the watch, that would be a huge loss for many users.

The only thing missing from Wear OS with iPhone is being able to pair more than one smartwatch to the same iPhone, but that must be a limitation of Apple, which for whatever reason (possibly protecting their Apple Watch), keeps that door closed.

BMW Works and dtf like this.
  17. Jim Dollares

Oh wow, that thing I can safely say I hate. The LV connected I actually kind of like the design of :)

18. Albert-AMG

:D

BAEBEAF3-8F2D-498D-8963-0EEB5490F0C3.jpeg 2AC565AC-CD05-410A-9DC7-1308D809CC91.jpeg

This time we do not agree on tastes. For me it is way too busy, and with two physical bezels (the one with the led symbols and the one with the numbers), the screen is smaller than it should be for that size of smartwatch
    E2FDF524-0681-4EAC-B773-91C55EC36E5B.jpeg

19. cassis

cassis Jan 16, 2022

I agree that the screen is a bit too small compare to the bezel. However, the fact that it has a specific OS designed with iOS in mind is growing on me and I'm kind of hoping that TH will adopt the same. I know this is a bit selfish wrt Android users but frankly speaking, all these Wear OS watches (I've just taken back my Apple Watch 7 and returned the above Ticwatch I received yesterday - I also returned the TH Gen 3 after a few days) require the Wear OS app to be constantly opened and running on iPhones bugs me... I can imagine that these LV watches run so smoothly with iPhones and I hope the future TH will also.
    As for Watchmaker compatibility, I know many users would be disappointed but as far as I'm concerned, I like playing with new watch faces a few hours but always eventually revert to stock faces, as it feels better integrated with a smoother user experience... After all, if I spend 2000$ in a smartwatch, I don't really feel like putting a flashy watchface (or an Omega one on my Tag) that would not bring me more clear complications that the one provided by the original manufacturer.
    This is just my current thinking and I understand many others have different POV.

20. Albert-AMG

No @cassis , of course you don’t have to put an Omega watch face (or from any other watch brand) in a TAG Heuer Connected… there are tons of TAG Heuer/Heuer watch faces for WatchMaker in our specific thread ;)

The problem with the TH stock watch faces is the dim mode, too minimalist and simple… at least up to now. But I don’t expect Gen4 being different in that matter vs the three previous Gens…

With WatchMaker you can design your own watch face to always look fully detailed and coloured both in bright and dim modes. Gen3 has some problems to run some watch faces by WatchMaker… Gen2 Modular and Gen1 are stronger in that field (Intel beating the Qualcomm 3100? ;)), but Gen4 with the 4100 chip should have no problems with that, so same smooth user experience then, as with Gen1 and Gen2 Modular

For sure I would not be interested in a smartwatch that I can’t install WatchMaker on.

About the 'Wear OS app to be constantly opened and running on iPhones'… you don’t need to do that if it bugs you (Why does it bug you?): you can close the Wear OS app on the iPhone, the bluetooth connection comes again in 2-3 seconds, and the notifications are equally arriving to the watch.

We will see, but I bet Gen4 will use Wear OS. The question is whether it will be compatible with Wear OS 3…

Akineton and neowatch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.