Forums Latest Members
  1. rickyrotax

rickyrotax Apr 4, 2018

Hi guys been looking through the forums since I ordered my connected 41 last week. What a great place to find info and other user experiences.
    First observation out of the box is the quality feel next to my Apple Watch.
    Only complaint about the watch is the ridiculously short strap. I can just about fasten it and I bought the 41 as I have got quite small wrists.
    Watch was quite easy to set up and pair using wear os and seems to be working fine although I cant seem to work out how to get text notifications.
    Unless I’m doing something wrong the only notifications I’m receiving are as screenshot.
    3404481D-B130-499A-984C-BE0D21C4FA4F.jpeg

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks in advance

Rich

2. gunnerroy

gunnerroy Apr 4, 2018

You using iPhone or android

3. rickyrotax

rickyrotax Apr 4, 2018

iPhone

4. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 4, 2018

I believe Tag is making a long blue strap that can be ordered now. Not sure why its only that color though. When you installed the Wear OS iOS app, did you press "Allow" to all the messages that popped up? There is a writeup on how to fix IM notifications if they aren't working somewhere here too.

5. rickyrotax

rickyrotax Apr 4, 2018

Thanks so basically i should be able to get the notifications is just a settings issue then.

6. DestructoDad

DestructoDad Apr 4, 2018

iPhone X with Connected 41, here is my notifications screen shot.

73F03564-ABBE-4905-A7E9-D1EB159AF01A.png
  7. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 4, 2018

Absolutely. You might also want to check the settings of each iPhone app to see if allow notifications is enabled. Bottom line is if you are getting the notification on your iPhone you pretty much should be getting it on your watch too unless you specifically disable it on the Wear OS app.

Edited Apr 4, 2018
  8. rickyrotax

rickyrotax Apr 4, 2018

Sorted guys thanks for your help. Hadn’t enabled show on lock screen in my message notification settings on phone.

9. Modular41 GC

Modular41 GC Apr 24, 2018

Hey guys! Im not getting email notifications on my Modular 41. I checked the Wear OS app on my iPhone X and its not showing toggles for Mail app or Apple Mail app (as it shows on those images you posted here). Any ideas? I checked the notifications settings on my phone and everything looks ok

10. DestructoDad

DestructoDad Apr 24, 2018

Ensure background App refresh is enabled including Wear OS and here’s a grab of my mail notification settings 61D3023C-2ECA-4F74-AB9F-0623170FD32B.png
    E8D9CD41-3530-4158-B0A5-7571D321C4D5.png

11. Modular41 GC

Modular41 GC Apr 24, 2018

Thank you! Wear OS notifications and Background refresh are just like yours but i still dont see the Mail or Apple mail toggle in the Wear OS App notifications:

IMG_0528.PNG IMG_0529.PNG
  12. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 24, 2018

The actual mail notification settings are badge app icon on, Show in History on for the mailbox you want notifications for. Obviously, the global mail "allow notifications" setting has to also be on. It will take a bit to propagate to the wearOS app, but eventually you will see mail shown in the notification list.

13. Modular41 GC

Modular41 GC Apr 25, 2018

Hey guys! Thank you very much for your help. Seems like the problem was that i disabled my iCloud account from my Mail notifications (i have iCloud mail and POP3 mail) and for some reason Apple is forcing you to enable it if you wanna get Mail notifications on your Android Watch (really weird but ... Apple is Apple! LOL). I have my Mail toggle on the Wear OS app right now but when i get the iCloud account notifications everything works perfect. When i get the POP3 Mail account notifications, they show on the watch too, but ...... It doesnt Vibrate or Show the notifications but if i check the notifications on the Watch, they are there!

14. kwilcox

kwilcox May 2, 2018

So I found myself up 10 C-notes at Caesar's Palace last night so I visited the Tag Boutique in the forum shops this morning to pick up a new black rubber strap for my CM41. Wow, what a place! I saw the Calibre 5 mechanical module for the CM41 also. It was $1650US and he said he would toss the strap in for free if I went for it. If I had been up 20 C-notes instead of 10 I probably would have bit lol. As it was, the calibre 5 is a very nice module but I liked the calibre 16 CM45 sitting next to it so much more. Sadly, the sales guy didn't think there would be a calibre 16 for the 41 though due to the size constraint. The standard replacement straps were also too short (glad I didn't try to buy online) but he took a long one off a display watch, then spent a lot of time showing me the easy way to disconnect lugs/straps. Awesome experience there!

[​IMG]

Edited May 2, 2018
  15. Lugduno

Lugduno May 3, 2018

Happy that you went through a nice experience! The staff at the TAG boutiques are very well trained and professional and I'd love to be able to go to one of their own boutiques more often than I currently can do!

That extra service they provide is worth the money that otherwise could have been saved from grey dealers!