Forums Latest Members
  1. kavasc

kavasc Apr 7, 2020

...gorgeous watch. I like the weight and the look is more classic than the G2. Very happy with this model as I dont like smart watches that look like you strapped a computer to your wrist.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with my Connected 41...

2. Ninja1400

Ninja1400 Apr 8, 2020

Albert, let’s see if you learn. ;)

kavasc and Albert-AMG like this.
  3. Feanor

Feanor Apr 8, 2020

Haha, Ninja, I have to come to Albert's defence here; it is true that the Connected 3rd gen. is more watch-like, but with the common strap connection it does also look less unique than the previous generation and unfortunately indeed rather similar to a Huawei Watch GT.
    I also have to add that the advancement in tech is really not enough for the three years gap between the two generations, as the new watch still lacks common features, like speaker or LTE connection.
    Having said that, I wouldn't mind getting one, mainly because of the heart rate sensor, but it's really not a must for people that own the second gen. watch.

kavasc, TAG GUY, BMW Works and 2 others like this.
  4. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 8, 2020

:D Precisely I do not see logical that a new smartwatch has a “look more classic” than its two previous generations, because smartwatches are watches from the 21th Century, not classic watches

And for that reason I like more Gen2 Modular 45 than Gen3, because I think that a smartwatch has to have a modern design, like Gen1 and Gen2 Modular 45, that took its design from the Carrera 45mm H01/H02/H02T line launched in 2015

Anyway, congratulations @kavasc for your new Gen3 Connected! :thumbsup:

I would change it for a Gen2 Modular 45 ;), because I think it looks better and more balanced than M41, there are many more accessories and straps available for M45 than for M41 (and Gen3, at least at the moment), including the mechanical module Calibre 16 (only Calibre 5 module for M41), and if you are fine with Gen3 (45mm), then your wrist also could wear the Modular 45! :thumbsup:

Edited Apr 8, 2020
  5. EmJay

EmJay Apr 8, 2020

Is it possible to create a topic speifically about Gen2 or Gen2vsGen3? It's getting really tiresome to read about how great it is everywhere with a countless pictures of the straps etc.

mdh518 and Silver Beard like this.
  6. kavasc

kavasc Apr 8, 2020

Okay, while these are good arguments, it is, in the end, a matter of personal taste. I LOVE my Connected 41 albeit it was a bit small for my wrist. Both the 41 and the Gen3 are the ideal smart watches because they look like actual watches. Many of them look, well, cheap. IMO, the new connected is like the 45 designed right (not too thick or boxy and with newer tech).

I am selling my 41 Titanium if anyone is interested. It is in great condition and comes with a rubber strap and a charging stand. I put it on Ebay so lets see if anyone bites.

mdh518 and Albert-AMG like this.
  7. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 8, 2020

:eek:

“countless pictures of the straps”? I don’t see any picture here! ;)

There are already many topics specifically about Gen2 after three years in the market, and topics about Gen3 are growing after it has been recently launched... A “Gen2 vs Gen3” thread would be probably redundant, because the natural comparison with previous Gens has already taken place in the main thread about the last Gen, but if you think this additional “Gen2 vs Gen3” thread is missing, you are free to create it :thumbsup:

Edited Apr 13, 2020
    TAG GUY and BMW Works like this.
  8. kavasc

kavasc Apr 8, 2020

9. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 13, 2020

If they come out with a 41mm I might consider it. 45mm is just too big for my wrist. Plus, many women will not be able to own this watch for the same reason.

kavasc likes this.
  10. kavasc

kavasc Apr 17, 2020

Just to let you know, I sold my 41 for $1K. Now that I have been playing with the G3 for a few weeks I will make a separate post with my impressions and some of the deltas I noticed from G2

Anthony.R likes this.