Help with Carrera re-edition casebacks

I've just measured the strap - it's definitely 16mm at the clasp.
Strap was FC6167 (18mm tapering to 16mm)
Clasp was FC5012 and that's the Heuer branded version. There is also a Tag Heuer branded version (FC5013).

Of course this is all for the earlier, 36mm re-editions (model numbers beginning CS). The later and larger 39mm re-editions (model numbers beginning CV) would require a wider 20mm strap (and I think 18mm at the buckle) and the model numbers for the buckle would be different.

My first Heuer. CS3113.

23161207_128663167836581_3909856188660973568_n.jpg

My first Heuer. CS3113.

23161207_128663167836581_3909856188660973568_n.jpg
Very nice. I do like the black dial and Daytona rings.

Clasp was FC5012 and that's the Heuer branded version. There is also a Tag Heuer branded version (FC5013).

Of course this is all for the earlier, 36mm re-editions (model numbers beginning CS). The later and larger 39mm re-editions (model numbers beginning CV) would require a wider 20mm strap (and I think 18mm at the buckle) and the model numbers for the buckle would be different.
This.

What thickness at the clasp are the straps for these re-editions? 2mm or 3mm?

Everything I see says the straps taper to 2mm thick.

Everything I see says the straps taper to 2mm thick.

Thanks. Many of the newer straps taper to 3mm and it is hard to tell unless someone measures the strap.

My first post, have been lurking around here for quite a while. This discussion helped me to find a new strap for my CS3111.

Well, more than just one:

I recently fitted the watch with a FC6167 strap and a FC5012 deployant clasp:

But to be honest, I do not like this combination that much: In my eyes the leather ist to smooth and the clasp to chunky. Think I will switch to a Heuertime strap.

What I did see was three different caseback styles - all on what I believe to be genuine watches...

1) The usual and most common is the Heuer logo with model number below and then the serial number as a much less deep engraving under that.
2) Then there is the same with the "1964 Heuer Carrera Re-Edition" engraving arched around the top, as pictured above.
3) Finally, I also saw several with only the Heuer badge in the middle - no model number/serial number or text engraving.

Concerning the first style there is a slightly different variant: A user of the German Uhrforum has posted some pics of his CS3111: Instead of the typical "Nº xxxxx" the caseback has an engraving with "ZT5xx". Any idea what this means? I was intending to estimate the number of CS3111 produced by the serial numbers, but that might be challenging if there is no consistent numbering scheme.

Greg
Edited:

Welcome Greg, can you re-paste the images, we cannot see them

Looks good Greg. I've put a TAG Heuer deployant and strap on my CS3110...but not sure exactly which one. Might be the same as yours, but with a smaller (albeit "TAG Heuer") clasp

Carrera CS3111 Case back differences
Hello friends,

I'm beginning my journey into purchasing my very first Tag Heuer watch. I'm interested in a re-edition Carrera CS3111.

I've noticed there are quite a few different engraving styles on the case back and wanted to know if anyone has ever seen one with a "Jack Heuer" Signature engraved along with his name plainly printed.

Case engravings Ive seen:
1: Heuer Logo, Model number, Serial Number
2: 1964 Heuer Carrera re-edition, Heuer Logo, Model number, Serial Number

Still looking around at a few different options, but thought I would ask to see if anyone had advice about these models and if they've seen this Signed Back version before.

I'm sure you've seen this already, but pasting my response from WUS...

"Never seen a Jack Heuer one. Three possibilities spring to mind. 1) This is original. 2) This was Jack Heuer's watch, or 3) this is someone else who either wanted his name on it, or wanted to fool others, and had it engraved after purchase. Given the quality of the engraving, I'm tending towards the latter."

Have you asked the seller about it?

I'm sure you've seen this already, but pasting my response from WUS...

"Never seen a Jack Heuer one. Three possibilities spring to mind. 1) This is original. 2) This was Jack Heuer's watch, or 3) this is someone else who either wanted his name on it, or wanted to fool others, and had it engraved after purchase. Given the quality of the engraving, I'm tending towards the latter."

Have you asked the seller about it?

thanks for the reply and your work on this. I shot the message a seller and he gave me the original info for the seller he purchased from. Sending him a message today and I’ll let you know

thanks for the reply and your work on this. I shot the message a seller and he gave me the original info for the seller he purchased from. Sending him a message today and I’ll let you know
I assume there's nothing special or different about the dial of the watch - in all other respects it's a normal CS3111?

I assume there's nothing special or different about the dial of the watch - in all other respects it's a normal CS3111?

yep- pretty standard CS3111