Help with Carrera re-edition casebacks

SAV stands for Service Après-Vente (French: customer service)

Or TAG Heuers customer service department. They are attached to all their boutiques

I cheated with my strap and fitted a TAG Heuer branded deployant, as I find the pin buckles annoying.

Thanks for posting that other case-back- would be nice if the eBay author would update his article....

I cheated with my strap and fitted a TAG Heuer branded deployant, as I find the pin buckles annoying.
David - slightly off topic perhaps, but if you have details (size, cost, source, etc.) of the strap and deployant that you used (16mm?) I'd be very interested.

Deployant is FC5013 (which the web says came with the Monza), but I can't see what the reference of the strap is- it is a TAG Heuer black leather Rally strap, but obviously without the pin-holes. I reckon it's the one from the 39mm 3-reg Carrera below (CV2111)
Scans092.jpg

Thanks David. Sounds like you have all genuine TAG Heuer parts. I think the required part is actually FC5012 (the Heuer-branded one), but it's £££ hence my interest in the correct dimensions. The strap on the CV2111 above (FC6182) is 19mm/18mm I think, whereas the reissues have an 18mm lug width. I was assuming, therefore, that I needed an 18mm/16mm strap and a 16mm clasp. Just wanted to check that was correct so I can look for some non-OEM equivalents. Or maybe I'll bite the bullet - the Heuer clasp does look good 😀

OK, think I found the strap - FC6167 (18/16mm). It says it's the one that fits that clasp. What's more I managed to find one from an Italian seller on eBay for a decent price. Now just need to hunt down a clasp from somewhere 😀

Mission accomplished! 😎

Well done- that looks like a similar set-up that I have, except yours is better with the "Heuer" logo

Thanks. The clasp wasn't cheap unfortunately! Had to go via the Tag Heuer boutique in the end. The strap was a bargain, though.

Bought the re-edition new from a TAG Heuer store, so it's a "real" 1964 Heuer Carrera Re-Edition and it has that engraved on the back. Just a FYI

Bought the re-edition new from a TAG Heuer store, so it's a "real" 1964 Heuer Carrera Re-Edition and it has that engraved on the back. Just a FYI
Can you post any pictures?

Thanks. The clasp wasn't cheap unfortunately! Had to go via the Tag Heuer boutique in the end. The strap was a bargain, though.
I've got two Carrera Re-editions that I'm setting up as investment pieces for my kid's 18th birthdays.
I have the black CS3111 and the copper CS3112. One has the original Heuer pin buckle. Other has a generic aftermarket.
To complete the "special" setup, I'm after a fresh strap and deployment clasp for each. I think I've got the clasps nailed. FC5012 seems to be the correct item. Best price seems to be about £165 online (ouch)
A black strap (FC6167) is around £95 delivered from the Italian ebay supplier.
But I'm struggling to find a brown equivalent for the CS3112. Any ideas?

Not the genuine article but a very good aftermarket replacement...
http://www.watchstrapworld.com/watc...euer-carrera-models-with-18-16-mm-straps.html
Thanks. That is nice and very similar to the official TAG version. I'm going to keep digging to see if I can find something perforated/rally that will work. It may be a fruitless search.
of course, the easier option would be to get an additional Heuer pin buckle and two decent Carrera style straps......but your deployment pic above has me a little hooked.

These are all the 18mm straps that will work with that deployant clasp: http://www.watchstrapworld.com/watch-straps/tag-heuer/carrera-18-mm.html
If you want rally style you'll have to go with black I guess. Alternative is to do without the deployant and go for a brown rally strap with a normal clasp (there are plenty of those around if you search the web - eBay, Timefactors, Watchobsession, etc.).
I don't give up that easy. Currently looking at a handmade rally strap which I can fit to the deployment. Might take a little more time but will certainly be unique.Will drop back in once I get some headway. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for showing me his thread D.C.
As you can see, I'm now a member! 😀

So back to the subject, I wasn't aware that there was a serial number for the movement as well.
How many digits should it have?

Thank you for showing me his thread D.C.
As you can see, I'm now a member! 😀

So back to the subject, I wasn't aware that there was a serial number for the movement as well.
How many digits should it have?

Welcome!

Hmm. I've never had the back off mine, so don't know for sure. Modern TAG Heuer's don't have the serial number on the movement, mainly because of the way the watches are made. TAG Heuer makes the complete case, including engraving the serial number before the watch goes out to the assembly line and the movement is fitted. These movements either come in from suppliers, or from TAG Heuer...but they would have to be matched to watches before they arrived at TAG Heuer, given it makes no sense to unpack a movement, engrave a number and then pack it again.

My guess is that the number you have found is a Lemania parts number- not a TAG Heuer serial number, but hopefully someone can clear this up. While the process above is how TAG Heuer makes watches today, things were very different back in 1996...

dc