2024 F1 Discussions

Maybe I missed the thread/post but has anyone else seen the show on Disney ‘Brawn’ hosted by Keane Reeves?

I have. I thought it was good. I missed that particular time-period in F1 so it was interesting to have a retrospective.

I also thought that Reeves did a relatively good job as interviewer. Obviously not his forte, and obviously the endless repetition of statements is geared toward a ..... audience with shorter attention spans ..... as so many documentaries are these days.
Edited:

Can anyone explain to me why Red Bull would give Perez a new two year deal mid season? Other than, they need Mexican sponsor money to pay Verstappen $50M a year...

I think a lot of people slate Perez because he never wins - but bear in mind that no matter how good he is:
a) he's not quite as good as Verstappen (but he's just as good as most of the rest of the field),
b) he's in a car that doesn't suit his style: I've read recently that Verstappen (and iirc LeClerc) like their cars setup to be very "front-endy", which requires changes beyond the usual adjustable settings, so, as is ever the case with F1, the car is built around the lead driver (and Verstappen has the influence to ensure this happens). I think Perez does ok given that restriction. It's worth looking back at the other "second drivers" from history: Bottas: always in Hamilton's car, Berger: always in Senna's car, No-one ever challenged Schumacher when he was lead driver, etc.
c) he's just as "unlucky" as anyone else, although this season has been bad (everyone has bad seasons occasionally).

I think a lot of people slate Perez because he never wins - but bear in mind that no matter how good he is:
a) he's not quite as good as Verstappen (but he's just as good as most of the rest of the field),
b) he's in a car that doesn't suit his style: I've read recently that Verstappen (and iirc LeClerc) like their cars setup to be very "front-endy", which requires changes beyond the usual adjustable settings, so, as is ever the case with F1, the car is built around the lead driver (and Verstappen has the influence to ensure this happens). I think Perez does ok given that restriction. It's worth looking back at the other "second drivers" from history: Bottas: always in Hamilton's car, Berger: always in Senna's car, No-one ever challenged Schumacher when he was lead driver, etc.
c) he's just as "unlucky" as anyone else, although this season has been bad (everyone has bad seasons occasionally).

Get's new deal, qualifies 18th. I mean... I'm sure there's some truth to the car being difficult and being designed around Max, but the guy is so on and off, I think Red Bull will struggle to win the constructors championship this year. Which is gonna cost them a lot of money. So Checo must bring a LOT of sponsorship money. Lawson would drive for peanuts, so they would save what $10M there...

Get's new deal, qualifies 18th. I mean... I'm sure there's some truth to the car being difficult and being designed around Max, but the guy is so on and off, I think Red Bull will struggle to win the constructors championship this year. Which is gonna cost them a lot of money. So Checo must bring a LOT of sponsorship money. Lawson would drive for peanuts, so they would save what $10M there...

Yeah, Montreal was not a good weekend for Checo.

Maybe he needs a psychologist or something? Or another one?

I can see Checo bringing in a LOT of sponsorship, not quite the fandom of Senna but I am in the Bahamas and the amount of Mexican and south American that rave about him when they visit and the audibly sigh when they realize the F1 ads are for Max...some go as far and say he is a better driver

👍

Only 0.020s ahead of Max! 😲

Not bad for the Mercedes engines in Qualy: P1, P3, and P4 😀

Race Highlights; first podium for Lewis on this season.

A new home incoming for the Spanish GP, I like the Barcelona circuit layout but perhaps more money is the big player.

A new home incoming for the Spanish GP, I like the Barcelona circuit layout but perhaps more money is the big player.
The 2026 Spanish GP probably will be organized in a street (industrial park in fact) circuit in Madrid… but the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya can continue in the F1 calendar as the Catalan GP 😉

The 2026 Spanish GP probably will be organized in a street (industrial park in fact) circuit in Madrid… but the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya can continue in the F1 calendar as the Catalan GP 😉
That after Catalan independence?

That after Catalan independence?
Not necessarily 😉

Currently the Catalan GP of MotoGP is already held on the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, while the Spanish GP of MotoGP is held on the Jerez circuit. Now Liberty Media has bought Moto GP from Dorna, so why not? 😀