Forums Latest Members
  1. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 15, 2018

pjs525 and WernerBoeinck like this.
  2. pjs525

pjs525 Apr 15, 2018

Good on you Daniel! The first of more to come.
    Tag Heuer when can I buy a Daniel Ricciardo Formula 1 watch? Max Verstappen has had 2.

WernerBoeinck likes this.
  3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Apr 27, 2018

Was an awesome race- and Dan is right in the zone at the moment. I'd love to see him move to Mercedes next year..why not test yourself against the best? He's already gone up against Vettel and won that duel, so I'd be going for the best car and not worrying about who my teammate was.

Totally agree on a Ricciardo TAG Heuer- he loves watches by the way.

4. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Apr 27, 2018

Probably not until he signs a new contract, but yes, it does seem more than a little unfair! But Max is down with the kids, because, well he is one.

I haven't heard it lately, but people kept calling DR 'The Honey Badger' for some reason... and yet there is some other sportsman who is also called the same thing (I only know that because he's the new 'Australian Bachelor').

5. Lugduno

Lugduno Apr 29, 2018

Just saw the Baku GP, first time ever I sit to watch an F1 race. Highly entertaining, I need to give them that!

imagwai likes this.
  6. MRC

MRC Apr 29, 2018

Very lucky for some, very unlucky for others. Didn't Checo do well :thumbsup:

7. imagwai

imagwai Apr 29, 2018

Not a good race for Red Bull :)

Yago likes this.
  8. Lugduno

Lugduno Apr 29, 2018

Well, it was a very interesting race I need to say. Based on what my friends shouted in different languages I guess that's a quite good summary of the day...:D

9. pjs525

pjs525 Apr 29, 2018

Today Max showed what a complete prick he is, not a team player in any respect. Daniel's mistake was that he didn't understand how stupid his teammate is - another Vettel - if he can't win, nobody else's can if he has anything to do with it.

10. Lugduno

Lugduno Apr 29, 2018

The kid is young and I tell myself that he didn't think at all rather than the standard "what the ** was he thinking of?". But I expect the Red Bull team management to have a very serious discussion. If I would see this happening I'd be slightly concerned about the future of the season...

11. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Apr 29, 2018

Bottas was ROBBED, Kimi drove a great recovery race to second. Just think, if the race had finished under the SC Bottas would have been leading the WDC!

12. Yago

Yago Apr 29, 2018

There were no team orders so Daniel was just another opponent. As it is in any team. He knew Max would fight hard for his position. Max didn’t make a mistake during that incident. There’ve been many discussions about changing lanes during defense and this was textbook. Daniel was too late in the brakes as was VET in that same turn a few laps later. That’s just racing. We don’t have to like the guy to respect his skills.

MRC likes this.
  13. pjs525

pjs525 Apr 29, 2018

I would not be surprised if this incident was reason enough for Daniel to move on from Red Bull. If Ricciardo had not let Verstappen through on lap 5 they would have both been finished then. Max thinks that he is still driving go-karts and not on a top line Formula 1 team. If he is going to solely run his own race without the team then he does not deserve to be on a team. If Ricciardo has to be concerned about his own teammate taking him out, then that concern needs to be alleviated.
    Red Bull may need to make a decision if they have two Nunber 1 drivers or a Number 1 and a Number 2 and then decide who is Number 1 and who is Number 2. What Max Verstappen did to Red Bull today, even by mistake, is inexcusable and yes, I am being very hard on him. A great driver becomes great with his skill, not by eiiminating his rivals.

14. MRC

MRC Apr 29, 2018

He has a picture of a honey badger on his helmet.
    IMG_0562-Copy-1068x1026.jpg

In the past your helmet has featured a graphic of a creature called the Honey Badger. Are you keeping that this year and what does it mean?
    "It's supposed to be the most fearless animal in the animal kingdom. When you look at it, he seems quite cute and cuddly, but as soon as someone crosses his territory in a way he doesn't like, he turns into a bit of a savage and he'll go after anything – tigers, pythons – he turns very quickly, but he's a good guy."

Calibre11 likes this.
  15. MRC

MRC Apr 29, 2018

Did you follow the career of Ayrton Senna Da Silva?

Max and Dan are great for F1 with their "take no prisoners" overtaking and Red Bull are right to let them fight IMO.

16. pjs525

pjs525 Apr 29, 2018

Yes, I watched every F1 race in those days. Ayrton Senna was a great driver and drove with great skill and won races by using his great skill - not by 'taking out' his rivals. Ayrton Senna was a real champion. Max has a long long way to go to even reach Daniel Ricciardo's level.

Regards,
    Phil

17. imagwai

imagwai Apr 29, 2018

What about Schumacher? He used to regularly try and take out a competitor (mostly Damon Hill) to try and stop them scoring points.

18. pjs525

pjs525 Apr 29, 2018

Yes you right about that!

19. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 29, 2018

Verstappen, Ricciardo ordered to apologise at Red Bull factory

Yago likes this.
  20. Lugduno

Lugduno Apr 30, 2018

Thanks for the extended explanation! For me as a complete newcomer I don't get this picture, but even I understand that yesterday was not brilliant from the perspective of Redbull Racing...