2023 F1 Discussions

Wonder what happens next year when drivers change to unwarmed slicks on a drying track. It's funny how the FIA are so obsessed with safety until they're not... cue a huge crash and questions being asked about the wisdom of saving a few quids worth of electricity in the name of virtue signaling.
Easy solution, go back to the days when a tyre lasted a whole race, tyre changes and refuelling introduced to add excitement? to pull back disappearing tv audiences.

Easy solution, go back to the days when a tyre lasted a whole race, tyre changes and refuelling introduced to add excitement? to pull back disappearing tv audiences.

They tried that in 2005. I don't remember it going too well

Great to see Alonso and Gasly on the podium. Despite the rain I felt this race wasn't ruined by the rain (as it usually is when raining). Icing on the cake to see Stroll finish outside of the points, Alonso continuing to demonstrate what the car can do.

IMG_6927.jpeg

I love how Alonso knows he is the best driver, even though he only has two WDCs from nearly 20 years ago... could easily be a 5x WDC.

I love how Alonso knows he is the best driver, even though he only has two WDCs from nearly 20 years ago... could easily be a 5x WDC.
Yes he keeps showing his absolute brilliance, so fun to watch him race

Stroll was in the race? Really?
I always check the results to confirm he finishes outside the points, always puts me in a good mood

So do we think Aston have more up their sleeves, or was Alonso just trying to wind up Verstappen with what he said in the immediate post race interview?

Williams will finally be wearing some proper Gulf livery at this weekend's Singapore GP.
20230913_063057.jpg

Max looking for a challenge this weekend, I’ll start 11th, get a bet at decent odds at the bookies and see what happens, let’s make it a race.”
Ferrari planners have no idea what to do now, and Mercedes are claiming a second coming.

An exciting end... and George looked on the verge of tears in his post race interview. A great victory for Carlos, looking less and less like Charles wingman every week. Suspect Ferrari will be more keen to retain him than they might have been before these last two races. I think they wanted to keep him anyway, but I think he might have done enough to get a bit more cash out of them.

I’m a bit disappointed on George.. It was a sure podium. I guess he still has alot to prove under extreme pressure, handing Hamilton an easy podium.

Congratulations to the trio, all from different manufacturers! But the Carlos-Lando bromance is real :D:p
IMG_1866.jpeg IMG_1865.jpeg