Forums Latest Members
  1. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Dec 29, 2021

New for 2022, blades in wheel centres (as per Roman chariots) to encourage clean passing manoeuvres? Top 6 positions picked out a hat after quali to mix things up (did the DTM do things a while back?), anything to prevent, or slow, dominance.

2. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 5, 2022

Looks like Stroll is ::stirthepot::
    37C99B03-F0BF-49A6-B643-AB2202C175D2.jpeg

3. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 5, 2022

Haha so it didn't help that he kept saying "Lance is one of the greatest drivers in Formula 1 ever" :D

Man I really hope Aston Martin fails even harder this season. Lawrence Stroll seems to be a disgusting evil human being that I would never want to work for.

4. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 5, 2022

Lawrence Stroll seems to be crusadic in achieving and speeding up his F1 Championship Title. After investing his billions of dollars, making a world class team factory with wind tunnel capacity, he is surely calling the shots and standing as the de facto Team Principal in Aston Martin. But as Ferrari knows so well, money is just one part in making a winning F1 team. It’s really a disappointment for them this 2021 since Aston Martin has adopted the Mercs winning aero and engine combo yet still can’t convert those to F1 wins or podiums. (Like Williams perhaps?) Aston Martin even slid down competing with Red Bull’s sister team Alpha Tauri :rolleyes:

I wonder if there’s some sort of regret in Aston Martin letting Checo go which they saw gave Red Bull the winning recipe Red Bull needed :eek: Perez & Vettel could’ve helped the team better IMHO.

5. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jan 5, 2022

It’s a pity they are dragging the name of Aston Martin down, ‘win on Sunday, sell on Monday’ ain’t gonna work for them. LS does seem to be an unpleasant chap.

kappa_md and Jim Dollares like this.
  6. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 5, 2022

Checo is ok, but I really don't see why you believe he was the winning recipe for Red Bull. I mean he did well to hold off LH for as long as he did in Abu Dhabi, but ultimately that did nothing to help Max win the race. Over the course of the entire season, I found him to be a bit of a disappointment, rarely being a challenge for Max. Bottas was closer to Hamilton than Checo was to Max.

If Daniel Ricciardo had stayed with Red Bull, I believe they might have won both Driver's & Constructor's Championship in '21.

Anthony.R likes this.
  7. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 5, 2022

If you compare Checo with the previous drivers Pierre and Alex, Checo did a way better job. Checo made 4x Drivers of the Day in 2021. The most in any F1 driver. He was also credited for Max’s winning the Driver’s Title. Remember his new position as the Mexican “Minister of Defence” ;) Mercs lost pit window time advantage because of what he did. Checo is the only Mexican driver to win in his HOME Grand Prix. Max called him a “Legend” and even gave him a brand new car as a form of gratitude for helping him (NSX i think) Gave us F1 fans alot of exciting drama with his wheel to wheel action with Hamilton and others. It was his first year in Red Bull and he did all that, so you can give him a bit of slack for not challenging Max and comparing him to Bottas. Bottas was in Merc for 5 years and he didn’t challenge Hamilton a bit. DaniRic is a lost cause for Red Bull. His heart and motivation isn’t already there in the team. Red Bull wanted to re-sign him but he needed a new atmosphere so he wanted out. I doubt he’d perform in the level of Checo if he stayed further on. Red Bull is ruthless in choosing a 2nd driver for the team but re-signing Checo midway in 2021 is a great testament for Checo, his mentality, motivation and work ethic. He didn’t even came from Red Bull’s Young Driver Academy. His story is also unique. (Red Bull made a video for him) He is quite glad he helped Max and also the team but he says that he is not satisfied. The challenge is still there for next year.

BTW, TAG Heuer was already a Red Bull sponsor when DaniRic was still in the team. But unfortunately NO LE made for him. Checo on the other hand has a Tourbillon. Not too unique I have to admit but something he can call his own with his motto, “Never Give Up” :thumbsup: His story is quite inspiring if you look and dig deeper ::book::

8. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 5, 2022

I disagree. Daniel was a match for Max on many occasions and could outperform Vettel, he left RB because it was clear that Max was their favorite. In the same cars, I'm certain DaniRic would outperform Checo. You're comparing Checo to two relatively inexperienced drivers. Also Checo didn't win in Mexico, he came in 3rd. But if you like him, that's fine.

Onto a more important topic. I'm amused that both Max & Daniel are dating the gorgeous daughters of F1 greats. Heidi Berger, daughter of Gerhard and Kelly Piquet, daughter of Nelson.
    SPORT-PREVIEW-RICCIARDO.jpg
    Adobe_Post_20211209_2346570.jpg

Lucky guys! ::love::

Anthony.R likes this.
  9. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 5, 2022

I am more amused Max is the stepfather of Daniil Kvyat's daughter :rolleyes:

kappa_md and Mspeedster like this.
  10. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 5, 2022

Red Bull is one tight knit family aren't they? :whistling:

kappa_md, Yago and Jim Dollares like this.
  11. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 5, 2022

Sorry about that, Checo didn’t won but he scored a podium in his home grand prix! Only mexican to do so. If you watched the race, it looked like he won the race with his dad celebrating and crying after the race. Probably I just appreciated Checo more now that he is in Red Bull. Looking back, Red Bull made the right decision to sign him for 2021, after him losing a seat at Racing Point/Aston Martin at the end of 2020. So yes 2021 is a great year for him. Red Bull needed a consistent and experienced driver. It could’ve been DaniRic in Red Bull but he doesn’t want to play second with Max and it was his call to leave.

Going back to Aston Martin. They fired their team’s number 1 driver after 2020 (remember Checo also helped saved the team and jobs of their employees going into administration) And now their team principal for 12 years leaving. Aston Martin is really doing a major overhaul in there :whistling: I hope it brings results to their team.

Mspeedster likes this.
  12. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 7, 2022

Are you excited? ::popcorn::
    0F0B29ED-062F-419A-ADA6-C9C017180A3F.jpeg

13. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 7, 2022

Hahaha do you seriously think they will let Russell challenge Hamilton? No I am not excited, I expect to see Russell be a good boy and act second driver, patiently waiting for his turn to be handed the crown.

14. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 7, 2022

I’m expecting GR to WIN ::rimshot::
    Russell is no Bottas.. :whistling: I think ;)
    Oh C’mon, let us be excited :D

15. imagwai

imagwai Jan 7, 2022

I think Russell will be allowed to race Lewis initially. It's likely he'll make a mistake or two by being too aggressive and be criticised, but that's to be expected. After a few races, Merc's strategy may then change and they'll begin to back the driver who is in the lead of the championship. We shall see, though.

Albert-AMG and kappa_md like this.
  16. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 7, 2022

I mean for sure I am excited for the new season. Just not for the upcoming non-fight between Hamilton and Russell :)

17. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 7, 2022

I agree! The Mercs will side to the one who will give them the better edge. Old Blood (LH) vs Young Gun (GR) Remember the Constructors Championship takes homes the Money Bag
    E05F7CCF-62EE-41B6-8F5F-B4CEFBACBC21.jpeg
    And not the Driver’s Championship. But for me, the Driver’s Championship takes all the pride & glory ;)

18. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 7, 2022

So what you are saying is that I am correct? From a business perspective it makes most sense to not let them fight each other, instead aiming for that steady p1 and p2 as often as possible. We have seen for a long time that they dont let their drivers truly race each other, why would they change this policy now? To give fans a good show? Having Hamilton in the front and George close behind as a tool to secure Hamilton's wins as well as Merc's constructors win makes the most sense.

19. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 7, 2022

I’m saying GR is hungry to win. In terms of talent, he can be better than LH :thumbsup: And that’s why I’m saying he is no Bottas. I can be wrong though. Hamilton’s talent is just way better than Bottas as we’ve seen. So VB really can’t complain.

20. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 7, 2022

For sure he is hungry to win, he's been patiently waiting in the sucky Williams team for an eternity :D but I think he is also smart enough not to not obey orders from Merc and my guess would be he is allowed that seat with the prerequisite that he follows team orders and helps them get Hamilton his 8th title. Then in 2024, if Russell performs well until then, the throne will be his.