2019 Heuer Monaco 50th Anniversary Editions

Ah, prices on Chrono24...

tenor.gif

Does anybody have a link to a pic of the 69-79 edition in the dark, showing which bits are luminescent?

Does anybody have a link to a pic of the 69-79 edition in the dark, showing which bits are luminescent?
It's only the lume on the hands. No indices, no lume dots, nothing!

I appreciate your response. Are you certain that's not a photo of Yoda dual-wielding green sabers? Ha ha.

To me, this is the most fascinating, incredible looking, interesting in function and design timepiece out there. While I might covet or at least appreciate other higher-dollar pieces, this is one I want to wear, and just can't stop looking at its images.

I thought I had a line on a new one before they came out from my AD...it fell through. Then I thought I had deal made over e-bay last summer...seller added fees and other things at end, escalating price significantly and contrary to my understanding, I lost faith and abandoned the altered sale. I submitted payment today and expect shipping notification soon on my third purchase attempt.

I couldn't be more excited about a timepiece purchase. It will keep my steel datejust 41 company as the second piece of my compulsion. I look forward to learning more about it. I have read the history, followed the special editions, tried them on my wrist at an AD so I know their...presence...on my arm. If this turns out as mesmerizing in person as it is in description, I'll be losing focus just looking at it for some time.

I appreciate your response. Are you certain that's not a photo of Yoda dual-wielding green sabers? Ha ha.

To me, this is the most fascinating, incredible looking, interesting in function and design timepiece out there. While I might covet or at least appreciate other higher-dollar pieces, this is one I want to wear, and just can't stop looking at its images.

I thought I had a line on a new one before they came out from my AD...it fell through. Then I thought I had deal made over e-bay last summer...seller added fees and other things at end, escalating price significantly and contrary to my understanding, I lost faith and abandoned the altered sale. I submitted payment today and expect shipping notification soon on my third purchase attempt.

I couldn't be more excited about a timepiece purchase. It will keep my steel datejust 41 company as the second piece of my compulsion. I look forward to learning more about it. I have read the history, followed the special editions, tried them on my wrist at an AD so I know their...presence...on my arm. If this turns out as mesmerizing in person as it is in description, I'll be losing focus just looking at it for some time.
Fingers crossed for you that this third time is the charm! Please be sure to post pics after you get it! 👍

I never tire of taking pictures of my 69 '

Waiting to take delivery, private seller/ worn but supposedly close to unworn condition...looking quite forward to it. Nice pix!

Also...wondering if anybody recommends a particular aftermarket strap. I had a jacket made of the calfskin with that 'antiqued' finish. It lasted well, but I am interested to keep it as new as possible as long as possible. I imagine I'll keep this watch as a wearer indefinitely, but I think I might enjoy a brown alligator type strap- I like the buckle that is on the official straps. I just font want to pay 500+ fof an official TH strap - stretched my budget to the last cent to get one of these. But I also don't want a strap that I will lose the watch for!

Also...wondering if anybody recommends a particular aftermarket strap. I had a jacket made of the calfskin with that 'antiqued' finish. It lasted well, but I am interested to keep it as new as possible as long as possible. I imagine I'll keep this watch as a wearer indefinitely, but I think I might enjoy a brown alligator type strap- I like the buckle that is on the official straps. I just font want to pay 500+ fof an official TH strap - stretched my budget to the last cent to get one of these. But I also don't want a strap that I will lose the watch for!
I was thinking about ordering a khakigreen comnected-strap to put it on my Monaco 69-79.

These are low priced and seem to match the Monaco lug with as is shown here: https://forums.calibre11.com/threads/the-best-22mm-rubber-strap.114045/#post-1516008
Ok, it might be a bit of a sin in the eye of a purist, but if you want to keep the original strap in perfect conditon....
And yes, even without much lume it's an awesome piece! I am sure you will be delighted.
The lume will probably remind me of Star Wars from now on, but I can live with that.

Replacement straps are available from Tag and should be a fair price for legitimate Anniversary Edition owners. 😀

Contact your local boutique and see what they say. It's worth ordering a replacement sooner rather than later while they still have stocks of the original leather. AFAIK they are made to order.

Replacement straps are available from Tag and should be a fair price for legitimate Anniversary Edition owners. 😀

Contact your local boutique and see what they say. It's worth ordering a replacement sooner rather than later while they still have stocks of the original leather. AFAIK they are made to order.

Right on. Goo idea, I'll follow that up, should be open this weekend in my region...

Right on. Goo idea, I'll follow that up, should be open this weekend in my region...
In the US the replacement Monaco 50th anniversary straps are pretty reasonable, about $110 USD. I went this route on my 90's Monaco 50th, as I think the OEM strap really goes well with the 90's dial. I'd do the same with the '70s version, as I think its strap is perfect for it.

In the US the replacement Monaco 50th anniversary straps are pretty reasonable, about $110 USD. I went this route on my 90's Monaco 50th, as I think the OEM strap really goes well with the 90's dial. I'd do the same with the '70s version, as I think its strap is perfect for it.
Huh...that seems alright. Saw some listings on chrono24 for around 500, not sure why...i mean, I get people can ask what they want but that seems way off. I'll check in w boutique near me when I can get over there. I appreciate your post.

And, received notification it's on its way to me...seller said might take til Monday to ship...under promise/ over deliver is fine by me.

I was thinking about ordering a khakigreen comnected-strap to put it on my Monaco 69-79.

These are low priced and seem to match the Monaco lug with as is shown here: https://forums.calibre11.com/threads/the-best-22mm-rubber-strap.114045/#post-1516008
Ok, it might be a bit of a sin in the eye of a purist, but if you want to keep the original strap in perfect conditon....
And yes, even without much lume it's an awesome piece! I am sure you will be delighted.
The lume will probably remind me of Star Wars from now on, but I can live with that.
Yeah, amount of lume is almost irrelevant...though I appreciate that the 70s edition has broader lume strips on the hands as highlighted in one of the comparison articles I saw...perhaps calibre11's...I suppose having just the hands lumed allows for quick determination of relative position, might be nice to have an orienting dot so clear determination of time is simple in the dark. I suppose holding the watch, so long as one recalls the position of crown and pushers, will suffice. Now, if one wakes in the dark, in a room full of Monacos accurately reflecting the time, and desperately needs to determine the time, it might take a moment to orient to whether one is holding a left or right side crown...but I'm getting waaayyy into bizarre imagination land with that...

I'm new enough to the whole timepiece world that I hesitated to make the Yoda comment, knowing there are circles of enthusiasts of all kinds that might take umbrage at mixing the 2. Im glad for your take on the comment.

It occurs to me now, though, as I write this...if Yoda had a watch...this would surely be it, right?

yeah...that would be super fun...to see an image of yoda looking over the swamp, holding out his arm to raise the X-wing out of the water...wearing the 70s monaco...or superimpose yoda onto the dial, with the hands becoming his lightsabers...anybody with crazy photoshop fu, and an interest in monacos and yoda...could design some pretty epic images for the 119 (169) of us who have examples of this fine piece...

Huh...that seems alright. Saw some listings on chrono24 for around 500, not sure why...i mean, I get people can ask what they want but that seems way off. I'll check in w boutique near me when I can get over there. I appreciate your post.

And, received notification it's on its way to me...seller said might take til Monday to ship...under promise/ over deliver is fine by me.
Wow, people on Chrono24 wanted to charge $500 for a strap? Yes, they are blatantly trying to scam people. My boutique charged me £80 for my spare 80's edition strap. I recommend always going to the source to verify information. Or better still, come to this forum! 👍