What is your next purchase? / Wishlist?

Congrats Albert, for me the camel is still the winner but all three look good, impressive that you now have all three to switch between
Thanks Jim! :)

Yes, the Siffert strap was late in coming! I ordered it in my AD nearly five months ago! Thanks to the C11 Siffert edition thread in the forum, I found its part number (FC8235), or they wouldn't have been able to order it from TAG Heuer :thumbsup:

I love all three combos, but maybe my order is:

1-Siffert (more closely reminiscent of the vintage Rindt Autavia)
2-Viceroy/Harrods
3-Camel

They aren't as quick and easy to change as the Modular 45 straps ;), but I'll definitely be alternating all three :thumbsup:

Thanks Jim! :)

Yes, the Siffert strap was late in coming! I ordered it in my AD nearly five months ago! Thanks to the C11 Siffert edition thread in the forum, I found its part number (FC8235), or they wouldn't have been able to order it from TAG Heuer :thumbsup:

I love all three combos, but maybe my order is:

1-Siffert (more closely reminiscent of the vintage Rindt Autavia)
2-Viceroy/Harrods
3-Camel

They aren't as quick and easy to change as the Modular 45 straps ;), but I'll definitely be alternating all three :thumbsup:
Well done Albert. I have mine in the Siffert strap as well.

Well done Albert. I have mine in the Siffert strap as well.
:) :thumbsup: Thanks Hubert!

Is your Siffert strap also longer than the original camel strap? I was surprised to see that the camel and the Viceroy straps have the same length, but the Siffert strap is longer

Same reaction from this member as well, I don't think he was able to wear it.
https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/...-you-wearing-wruw.19044/page-655#post-2127795
Good memory @Mspeedster ! :thumbsup: Thanks!

Luckily I can wear it with no problem: I use the camel (and the Viceroy) strap on the 4th shortest pin hole, and the Siffert strap on the 2nd shortest pin hole. I would prefer the shorter size, but it’s not a problem for my wrist. Maybe making two extra pin holes could be a solution for @CARAVIA

I was curious if the Siffert strap was normally longer than the other two, or is my Siffert strap that just came wrong. Now I know that it is the normal measurement for FC8235 :thumbsup:

Got this today. It's actually pretty good for a cheap watch. 20230824_181029.jpg
Amazing value for money those Seagulls, although obviously if they go wrong they're not worth servicing.
DSC_0128.JPG

I do like the Twelve, but this bothers me…as I don’t believe we all agree that “this movement is known for its accuracy and reliability.”…

Plus it would be the 40mm for me obviously.

IMG_5479.png

I do like the Twelve, but this bothers me…as I don’t believe we all agree that “this movement is known for its accuracy and reliability.”…

IMG_5479.png
Cant you send a letter to CW and ask them about this and have them provide statistics on the failure rate? In the name of science of course. I remember reading about the classic winding and rotor issues in the official CW forum a long time ago.

Cant you send a letter to CW and ask them about this and have them provide statistics on the failure rate? In the name of science of course. I remember reading about the classic winding and rotor issues in the official CW forum a long time ago.
Well played Dr Jim. :)

:) :thumbsup: Thanks Hubert!

Is your Siffert strap also longer than the original camel strap? I was surprised to see that the camel and the Viceroy straps have the same length, but the Siffert strap is longer
Yes, the Siffert strap is longer than the standard camel strap. I suspect David requested it to be longer, to accommodate larger wrists.

Yes, the Siffert strap is longer than the standard camel strap. I suspect David requested it to be longer, to accommodate larger wrists.
Thanks for confirming :thumbsup:

So for my next watch I am considering either a Stowa or a Laco. I don't know if there are any nazi historians in the forum who would have any input on which one is the coolest or holds most historical significance? As far as luftwaffe watches go, the IWC is way out of my price range but the Stowa and the Laco are both reasonably priced. Both offer the option for hand wound Sellita, with display caseback and higher grade movements.

If anyone has experience with either of these I would love to hear positives and negatives.

The Stowa flieger 40

upload_2023-8-30_14-55-3.jpeg

The Laco pilot watch original is 42mm. It has a sandblasted case giving it a rougher look.

upload_2023-8-30_14-57-50.png

Laco also offers some IWC Mark vibed options like this one. Think I prefer the leather and having no logo on the dial.
IMG_3588.jpeg

So for my next watch I am considering either a Stowa or a Laco. I don't know if there are any nazi historians in the forum who would have any input on which one is the coolest or holds most historical significance? As far as luftwaffe watches go, the IWC is way out of my price range but the Stowa and the Laco are both reasonably priced. Both offer the option for hand wound Sellita, with display caseback and higher grade movements.

If anyone has experience with either of these I would love to hear positives and negatives.

The Stowa flieger 40

The Laco pilot watch original is 42mm. It has a sandblasted case giving it a rougher look.

Laco also offers some IWC Mark vibed options like this one. Think I prefer the leather and having no logo on the dial.
IMG_3588.jpeg
I don't have any direct experience of either brand but have been tempted with a Stowa in the past. I would assume given their higher price point that the finishing is better and they certainly have a good reputation. Laco looks a bit more hit and miss but I could be doing them a disservice. Anyway, I would be happy to go with Stowa and I don't think you'd be disappointed.

I don't have any direct experience of either brand but have been tempted with a Stowa in the past. I would assume given their higher price point that the finishing is better and they certainly have a good reputation. Laco looks a bit more hit and miss but I could be doing them a disservice. Anyway, I would be happy to go with Stowa and I don't think you'd be disappointed.
For some reason I am also thinking Stowa equals better finish, but both priced around 1300 Euro actually

Laco does have some budget offerings below 400 euro with Miyota movements though, Stowa does not play in this price range at all it seems

IMG_5479.png

x1657144-8efd2c8d4e963bb02086a79c3a029441.jpg.pagespeed.ic.7ett3mUJhV.webp

The Stowa flieger 40

IMG_3588.jpeg

Some nice info here https://romeoswatches.com/laco-vs-stowa-who-makes-the-best-flieger/