Forums Latest Members

Welcome to the Calibre 11 TAG Heuer Forums

1. GrantK

GrantK May 17, 2015

2. Eleuthera

Eleuthera Jun 9, 2015

I 'think' Ive found the correct place to say this.

Let me make this clear, I don't like square or oblong watches.

But by golly having become a newbie to serious watch collecting these Tags have seriously knocked my socks off.

BEAUTIFUL watches, absolutely stunning.

I said on another forum I'm a member of that my future purchases 'were' going to be a Speedy and/or Rolex Explorer Cream Dial (when finances allow), but now I have come across these Tags (particularly Monaco Gulf) one of these purchases will have to wait. Now BOTH may have to wait I'm afraid.

Great stuff on here, and to a relative newbie and very much amateur collector a great resource for research and indeed sourcing what could now be classed as my 'Grail' watch.

Many thanks in advance for the advice I will hopefully receive from the good folk on here.

Edited Jun 9, 2015
    Calibre11 likes this.
  3. imagwai

imagwai Jun 9, 2015

Welcome Eleuthera. I saw your post over at Watchuseek on the Monaco Club topic also. I like the Monaco but have always struggled with small wrists and the fact that a square watch tends to look quite big and flashy. However, given an original 1970s McQueen is probably out of my price range, I'm having more and more thoughts about the new model... must restrain myself.

Eleuthera likes this.
  4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 10, 2015

Hi @Eleuthera and welcome.

I remember when I bought my first re-edition Heuer in 2000. I looked at the Monaco and thought that there is no way that I could get away with wearing a watch like that, so instead I went for the Monza.

But over time, I got more used to the Monaco and now really like the shape and have no problems wearing one.

But it is worth trying them out. I really like the JLC Reverso when I see it in photos, but hate the way that it looks on my wrist.

dc

Eleuthera likes this.
  5. Eleuthera

Eleuthera Jun 10, 2015

Ah the old 'restrain myself' imagwai, great in theory :). I have medium wrists, nearly 7 inches and I might just get away with it. It might look a bit big and flashy on me but won't know until I try one, fingers crossed it looks okay.

6. Eleuthera

Eleuthera Jun 10, 2015

Hi D.C

Thanks for the reply and thoughts. Hopefully the Monaco will fit. I like the Reverso as well, but still can't get past the Monaco Gulf series, like imagwai said 'must use restraint, or at least TRY. :).

7. imagwai

imagwai Jun 10, 2015

When I say I must restrain myself, I guess it means I can't quite justify another watch and bring myself to part with the cash right now... but if a bargain came along... well, you never know, I might talk myself into it. Oh, and I've bought a ticket for the Euromillions lottery this Friday. That £95million jackpot might just tip me over the edge into buying an original McQueen :)

Eleuthera likes this.
  8. Eleuthera

Eleuthera Jun 10, 2015

Ahh the Euromillions jackpot imagwai, got to be in it to win, or so they say.

Just wondering what I'd do with all that money, but sentiments along the same lines as you I reckon.

9. whoisbaktash

whoisbaktash Jul 12, 2015

Very excited to be here. I'm sure I'll learn a lot from this community.

Calibre11 likes this.
  10. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jul 12, 2015

Welcome Baktash- looking forward to having you around!

dc

11. calibre 007

calibre 007 Aug 25, 2015

The forum is quite clean and has a modern setting to it. Nice job. :thumbsup:

12. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 26, 2015

Thanks @calibre 007 and welcome!

13. daj1975

daj1975 Nov 23, 2015

I'm so happy I found this forum. It's easy to use and looks great on my phone as well.

Cheers!
    DJ

14. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 23, 2015

Thanks DJ- welcome!

15. Simonjt

Simonjt Dec 2, 2015

Not sure whether I'm on the right forum, if not, can you or anyone point me in the right direction please? I've got an approximately 17 year old Tag Heuer watch which I bought from Selfridges in London in about 1997 or 98. I think it's from the Formula 2000 or similar, but can't remember. I wear it every day, and want to sell it. Can anyone help? I've attached a photo.
    Thanks,
    Simon.

image.jpeg
  16. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 4, 2015

Hi Simon,

Yes, you have a "First Generation" Formula 1

http://www.calibre11.com/overview-tag-heuer-formula-1/

Perhaps try listing it on the Marketplace

17. ASW

ASW Feb 18, 2016

Hi all. Long time Tag Heuer fan and am so glad to have found such a great 'site and forum with a wealth of information and insider reviews and interviews. Great job and I'm looking forward to sticking around.

18. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 18, 2016

Welcome!

ASW likes this.
  19. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 20, 2016

Hi ASW, great that you found us! Welcome.

20. ASW

ASW Feb 24, 2016

Thanks both. I'll get some photos up of my collection to show you all.

Calibre11 likes this.