Forums Latest Members

Welcome to the Calibre 11 TAG Heuer Forums

1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 14, 2014

After a lot of work, I'm pleased to welcome you to the new Calibre 11 Forums- the place to discuss vintage Heuer and TAG Heuer. But why a new forum you might ask? The TAG Heuer community is already well served by existing forums such as Watchuseek and Onthedash. Another forum? Let me explain the reasons.

1. What you see today is very much the first version of the Forum, which is why it has a nice red "Beta" label in the corner. Over the next few months, Calibre 11 will migrate to a new, purpose-built forum software that has been specifically designed for watch forums. Yes, really. Just for watches. I've seen early stages of this new platform, and I promise it will change the way that you think about, and use, forums. Fast, light, multi-platform and designed for the way that forums are used in 2015.

2. As Calibre 11 has grown larger over time (yes, in our 5th year we're still growing strongly), I no longer have the capacity to personally answer the growing number of e-mail questions that I get each day. Rather than leave you with an unanswered mail, why not ask your question here? There is a wealth of knowledge about these watches that rests with our readers, so let's share the knowledge and opinions.

3. Many of you are already using Calibre 11 as a "forum", by asking questions in the comments articles on the posts. Sometimes these don't get answered because they get lost...there are some things that are simply easier with a forum structure. It will also allow a more natural flow to discuss Calibre 11 articles here, rather than reading them in one place and then commenting in another

I'm also pleased to say that TAG Heuer have been wonderfully supportive of the new forum and will have their own account so that they can answer some of your questions from time to time- let's set expectations at the right level- they won't be here every day, nor will they answer every question. But they are a part of the forum, which I'm delighted with.

The forum will, of course, grow naturally over time. How it grows will depend on you and what you want to see in a forum. I've been involved in many fora over time, and you can't "create one" overnight- all you can do is build the house, open the door and allow things to take their course.

Finally, a huge thanks to a couple of guys "up north" who have worked night and day to get the forum up and running. You know who you are- thanks guys.

dc

STB, DavPM, russm535il and 8 others like this.
  2. abcoro

abcoro Nov 15, 2014

Dear David, my compliments for what you have achieved up untill now with your "Calibre 11", most impressive. I'm sure this forum will be a vibrant place for collectors and watch enthusiasts to enjoy and visit frequently. With my best regards, Abel.

STB and Calibre11 like this.
  3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 15, 2014

Thanks Abel- and welcome! Many readers over the years have asked about restoring a Heuer...no-one knows more about it than you!

dc

STB and abcoro like this.
  4. Tagexchange

Tagexchange Nov 16, 2014

Congratulations on the new forum David, I hope it will be as successful as your website,
    all the best for the future, Lloyd

Calibre11 likes this.
  5. Darlinboy

Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 16, 2014

Congrats on the grand opening! :thumbsup:

Just what I needed, another watch-addict enabling forum. :p

Calibre11 likes this.
  6. LouS

LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Nov 16, 2014

Looks good, David! I look forward to a great resource!

Calibre11 likes this.
  7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 16, 2014

Thanks Gents, great to see you post here and hope you find reason to keep coming back!

dc

8. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 16, 2014

Thank you for putting this together!

Calibre11 likes this.
  9. Littleroger

Littleroger Nov 17, 2014

Great to see this up and running. Thanks David.

Calibre11 and Trev like this.
  10. Trev

Trev The Architect Staff Member Nov 17, 2014

Happy to see familiar faces (ok, avatars) here already. :)

I don't know much about vintage Heuer myself, so I'm really looking forward to discovering more as members share their knowledge and collections.

I've always liked the earlier asymmetric Heuer chronos. Silver dial, of course:
    Dato 04.jpg
    A bit unconventional? Maybe, but I like this layout. Something about the pushers next to a single sub-dial. :)

Perhaps someone has a bit more info about the Landeron 189 movements they were using in these models? What were they like? Some of the images I found didn't seem too flattering, but that could be due to any number of factors.

STANDY and Calibre11 like this.
  11. WernerBoeinck

WernerBoeinck Nov 18, 2014

Hello David,
    thank You for informing me about the
    new forum. I'm sure it will be a success
    (as Calibre11 is).

Best wishes
    Werner Boeinck

Calibre11, Trev and dsio like this.
  12. Bootsy

Bootsy Nov 25, 2014

13. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 25, 2014

Welcome Thomas- great to see you here!

14. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 25, 2014

Thanks Werner, welcome to you and look forward to your views!

15. rarebirds.de

rarebirds.de Nov 25, 2014

wow david!! looks great here ;) ..i´m happy to be part of it.
    looking forward to a good time in your new forum.

yours, andee

Calibre11 likes this.
  16. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 25, 2014

Hi, I was actually just looking at your first gen Autavia Dato on Instagram yesterday, some very nice pieces you've posted shots of.

rarebirds.de likes this.
  17. AussieAlex

AussieAlex Nov 26, 2014

G'day DC. Thanks for all your effort, both with Calibre 11 and this new forum. It looks great!

Calibre11 likes this.
  18. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 26, 2014

Thanks Alex, and good to see another Aussie onboard.

Wait until you see the next generation of the forum! Something to look forward to...

19. automobilia42

automobilia42 Nov 30, 2014

Hello David, great, great forum, thank you for that!
    Lots and lots to read and see already, very informative, hope to catch up with the reading this afternoon.
    Greetings from The Netherlands!
    Henk.

Calibre11 likes this.
  20. Bahoomba

Bahoomba Nov 30, 2014

Very pleased this forum has come about! It's part of my favorite website - I actually have Calibre 11 as my homepage - and this seems like a natural extension for it. So thanks for letting me come to the party, all the way from New York City.

Valtronic and Calibre11 like this.