Welcome to the Calibre 11 TAG Heuer Forums

I just bought a Solargraph from Watchfinder. Most people here will tell you that Watchfinder's prices are way high, and sometimes they are. But, if you're not mega confident about buying pre-owned it's a good way to go. You get a two year warranty on everything, which they honour - I bought a Grand Carrera and it went wrong and they had it back and serviced it without hesitation. And you don't need to worry about it being fake, because Watchfinder will not dare sell a fake watch.

I just bought a Solargraph from Watchfinder. Most people here will tell you that Watchfinder's prices are way high, and sometimes they are. But, if you're not mega confident about buying pre-owned it's a good way to go. You get a two year warranty on everything, which they honour - I bought a Grand Carrera and it went wrong and they had it back and serviced it without hesitation. And you don't need to worry about it being fake, because Watchfinder will not dare sell a fake watch.
Any other websites similar that are guaranteed authentic

A lot of sites say they guarantee they check every watch is genuine, but I still wouldn't buy an Aquaracer from most of them. Or if I did I would send it to TAG for verification. Still better than buying from eBay though, because if you have a letter from TAG saying your watch is fake at least places like Parkers, Ramsdens, H&T will give you your money back (assuming you are in the UK?).

I heard a story that someone bought an Aquaracer from TAG Heuer direct, tried to sell it to Watchfinder three years later and they rejected it. So to me that says they are pretty diligent. It probably also speaks about TAGs quality control as well unfortunately...

It depends what Aquaracer you're talking about too. If it's something oddball it's much less likely to be fake. And if it's Calibre S then you got no worries at all.

Not sure if I’m on the right thread but I have a question. So I just received a way2110 aquaracer from watchfinder and I’m having an issue where the crown doesn’t want to pop into winding position. I unscrew the crown and when I think it’s open I will try to wind and it just screws back down. Then I will try a few more times to unscrew and it will then pop into winding position. Any thoughts on this? Thank you

Not uncommon that. I have the WBP2115 green dial Aquaracer and as I was adjusting the hands to wear it yesterday it suddenly popped out a bit more. If you're not happy send it back but to be honest I don't know what they will be able to do, it's just a common Calibre 5 fault.

As an aside, I bought a Grand Carrera chronograph from them a while back and was disconcerted to notice that when the chrono started the minute hand lunged forward by half a minute. I asked about this and was told it was a quirk of the movement, which I thought was horsesh*t, but then I checked with TAG and it turned out it was true. Bizarre but true. The hand doesn't move until the movement catches up and rights itself...

Not sure if I’m on the right thread but I have a question. So I just received a way2110 aquaracer from watchfinder and I’m having an issue where the crown doesn’t want to pop into winding position. I unscrew the crown and when I think it’s open I will try to wind and it just screws back down. Then I will try a few more times to unscrew and it will then pop into winding position. Any thoughts on this? Thank you
well, now that we know ( tho I know you still don't believe it yet) that it's fake, that is why you're having an issue. Tag heuer clones use a non tag heuer thread size/tube diameter. Maybe even the stem was cut just slightly too short as well, which then has the threads catch too soon. Can it be pulled out at all? Can you wind it if you put outward pressure on it?

well, now that we know ( tho I know you still don't believe it yet) that it's fake, that is why you're having an issue. Tag heuer clones use a non tag heuer thread size/tube diameter. Maybe even the stem was cut just slightly too short as well, which then has the threads catch too soon. Can it be pulled out at all? Can you wind it if you put outward pressure on it?
This is actually a way2110 (black dial)the one from the other thread is a way2113 (dark grey dial) no issue with the crown

Ah I see that what Track20 described wasn't actually what I said... cos I know mine aren't fake.

Ah I see that what Track20 described wasn't actually what I said... cos I know mine aren't fake.
This was a watch that I exchanged I originally purchased the way2110 but was not a fan of the H links therefore traded it in for the way2113