The Enabler Thread

I figure we could use a thread where we can share crazy deals some of us might want to bite on. This would be a great place for the Watchfinder sales and such so they're easy to find.

And I've got a crazy one to start! :D

Posted in a trustworthy FB group of dealers.
Monaco Dark Lord Special Edition for $5300 US plus shipping - mad cheap IMO.
Glad to make an intro if you're interested!

(NOTE: No affiliation to seller. Please do your due diligence, even if this is a high-trust group!)

upload_2023-12-11_8-54-21.png

But, I thought you loved it again?
Still think it’s great but just doesn’t draw me in like it used to for some reason. Might be the time of year, who knows?

Although maybe it’s a a long time investment now that TAG Heuer are crushing it.

This is really interesting. A small auction house is offering what appears to be a Calibre 5 module for the Connected. Or it might be the mythical Calibre 5 'end of life upgrade' watch? Either way I don't think I've ever seen one offered.

upload_2023-12-12_13-22-48.png

I think I already mentioned that before around here, but TH themselves sell off the 44mm H02 Carreras being replaced by the TH-02 ones through their outlets. I’ve seen the green one (with steel bezel) like this for 4.4k EUR in Roermond. Not necessarily cheaper than grey market, I guess, but with cast-iron provenance.

And there’s always some skeleton ones for even a little bit cheaper…

This is really interesting. A small auction house is offering what appears to be a Calibre 5 module for the Connected. Or it might be the mythical Calibre 5 'end of life upgrade' watch? Either way I don't think I've ever seen one offered.

Try eBay. They both turn up. A quick skim looks likes I can get a calibre 5 connected module for $1000-1500 delivered before Christmas, but I’ve seen them with lugs and strap in that price range. Been tempted tbh although 45mm is a touch large.

Try eBay. They both turn up. A quick skim looks likes I can get a calibre 5 connected module for $1000-1500 delivered before Christmas, but I’ve seen them with lugs and strap in that price range. Been tempted tbh although 45mm is a touch large.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes, then. Starting bid is $10 as usual

It'll be interesting to see where this goes, then. Starting bid is $10 as usual

Looking at the picture, that is the elusive ‘connected to eternity’ watch for the first generation connected, which seems to be rarer than the calibre 5 module. You can tell by the lack of plastic top and bottom of the dial.

Looking at the picture, that is the elusive ‘connected to eternity’ watch for the first generation connected, which seems to be rarer than the calibre 5 module. You can tell by the lack of plastic top and bottom of the dial.
Exactly, this is the Carrera Calibre 5 (46 mm) exchange watch (SAR2A80) for first TAG Heuer Connected generation (E1) after two years of ownership. It was the first 'Connected to Eternity' program, followed by the 45 mm mechanical modules (Calibre 5, Calibre 16, and Heuer 02T) and the 41 mm mechanical module (Calibre 5) for E2 Modular 45 and 41.

More details of this watch here:
https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/carrera-connected-calibre-5-exchange-watch-sar2a80.38252/

IMG_5742.jpeg

Exactly, this is the Carrera Calibre 5 (46 mm) exchange watch (SAR2A80) for first TAG Heuer Connected generation (E1) after two years of ownership. It was the first 'Connected to Eternity' program, followed by the 45 mm mechanical modules (Calibre 5, Calibre 16, and Heuer 02T) and the 41 mm mechanical module (Calibre 5) for E2 Modular 45 and 41.

More details of this watch here:
https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/carrera-connected-calibre-5-exchange-watch-sar2a80.38252/

IMG_5742.jpeg

How many of these do we think were sold originally? Don't see many at all

How many of these do we think were sold originally? Don't see many at all
I have no idea ::confused2::

Anyway I would always choose the (E2) 'Connected to Eternity' program with the Calibre 5 Modular 45 mechanical module vs this (E1) exchange watch, because:

- I prefer the black ceramic (polished finish) bezel of the Modular 45 Calibre 5 mechanical module

- I prefer the 45mm size (already quite big) of the mechanical module vs the 46mm of the exchange Calibre 5

- I prefer the mechanical module because is Modular, and you can combine it with four different types of lugs and with many different Modular straps and bracelets (28 in total). The 46 mm exchange watch only fits the original black rubber strap.

I prefer the 45mm size (already quite big) of the mechanical module vs the 46mm of the exchange Calibre 5

How does the 45mm calibre 5 wear?

The only pluses I see for the 46 are it’s the original connected to eternity concept, rarity and not having the plastic bits top and bottom of the module.

Looking at them both I am drawn to neither, but I like the standard lugs of the exchange watch. Means you can play with straps outside of TAG's pre-ordained options

$3k (!) on Reddit. I want it so bad

Has fixed springbars though which is really strange for a gold-plate watch. Has its original gold-plate buckle though.

IMG_2519.png

Looking at them both I am drawn to neither, but I like the standard lugs of the exchange watch. Means you can play with straps outside of TAG's pre-ordained options

I now find myself watching one of these on eBay. :D

How does the 45mm calibre 5 wear
I love it! Very comfortable, and very lightweigh considering its size, thanks to the titanium case, lugs, and buckle. It’s quite big at 45mm, but I like it… and I prefer 45 to 46 in any case ;)

IMG_3536.jpeg IMG_3228.jpeg
The only pluses I see for the 46 are it’s the original connected to eternity concept, rarity and not having the plastic bits top and bottom of the module.
Yes, but the Modular 45 is the first -and only, together with the Modular 41- Modular watch, and It's a brilliant concept, much more important than whether it's a smartwatch or not. The second generation of the TH Connected is much more than a smartwatch thanks to this unique Modular concept that JC Biver was so proud of when this watch was presented

BTW, these “wings” top and bottom of the module are not plastic but black ceramic like the bezel, just not polished finish
Doodle_2023-12-14T15_19_32Z.jpeg