The 39mm Glassbox Carrera thread

Well, I haven't voted, as I only own the 60th anniversary panda, and don't feel like I have an informed enough opinion to rank all of them. But nice to see that my first and only glassbox is the crowd favourite.

I got very close to buying both the Telemeter and the Ice King, but just didn't quite pull the trigger on either of them, and then when they launched the panda, I somehow just couldn't quite resist. The whole glassbox series is fantastic and full of character, though.

I think if I could go back and get another one, I'd still go for the Telemeter. I know it's not everyone's choice on here, but I really did take a shine to it, back when it was launched.

He's right, you guys should own all of them before passing judgement. :D

Well, I haven't voted, as I only own the 60th anniversary panda, and don't feel like I have an informed enough opinion to rank all of them. But nice to see that my first and only glassbox is the crowd favourite.

I got very close to buying both the Telemeter and the Ice King, but just didn't quite pull the trigger on either of them, and then when they launched the panda, I somehow just couldn't quite resist. The whole glassbox series is fantastic and full of character, though.

I think if I could go back and get another one, I'd still go for the Telemeter. I know it's not everyone's choice on here, but I really did take a shine to it, back when it was launched.
I had a Telemeter for a bit. A lot of watch for the money and the champagne dial was mesmerising in person, even though when it was first released I would have preferred it to be less so. Thickness was much better than the newer Carreras too. I had to let it go when the Ice King arrived. And that in turn had to be sacrificed for the new panda. But I don't regret this purchase at all, despite moving it on.
IMG_20201109_132540_275.jpg
Edit: Oh yes, the way the dial curves down at the edges wasn't my ideal design choice either, although it did give the dial a bit of depth,

:D

That wasn't precisely what I said ... :taunt:

I was reading between the lines
latest

You mean extrapolating conclusions based on your own twisted logic :p

Now who's reading between the lines? ::rimshot::

If we're all happy to welcome Rob back into the fold ::love::
results_withrobinc.jpg
What is the FIA ruling on this? Is ownership a requirement to be a part of the Glassbox Grand Prix or isn't it? We need Michael Masi to make a ruling here. :p

What is the FIA ruling on this? Is ownership a requirement to be a part of the Glassbox Grand Prix or isn't it? We need Michael Masi to make a ruling here. :p
Found a loophole in the regulations. He was actually technically an owner for a short while when he purchased the Ice King for Jim.

Found a loophole in the regulations. He was actually technically an owner for a short while when he purchased the Ice King for Jim.
:D well done

Works for me. Although Skipper fans might say "things are getting manipulated" (j/k).

Getting back on topic. I made these mock-ups back in 2020 for what I wanted to see for this series. One eventually got made. The other, well, didn't.
CBK221B_panda.jpg CBK221B_revpanda.jpg

Not an owner, but I had hands on experience with the Ice King and the rotor of DEATH!

Goes back to the rules of the game. Was actual ownership a requirement or not, Charlie?

Goes back to the rules of the game. Was actual ownership a requirement or not, Charlie?

If that's the rules then fine. I don't want to tread on anyone's toes. It's not like anyone barring Kappa values my opinion anyway.

I think, at the end of the day, I've published results with and without, so you can choose which one you prefer.

I still maintain Rob is an owner of a glassbox. He actually bought two with one being lost by UPS. Some might say it belongs to Tag Heuer, but I'm giving it to Rob.

I think, at the end of the day, I've published results with and without, so you can choose which one you prefer.

I still maintain Rob is an owner of a glassbox. He actually bought two with one being lost by UPS. Some might say it belongs to Tag Heuer, but I'm giving it to Rob.

That's true, technically I bought one and immediately sold it to Jim.