The 39mm Glassbox Carrera thread

He was seen last active in the forum since last October 2021.. (exactly 4 months ago) 🙁 Some may have been astrayed when Calibre11 forum shifted to THF 😲
That's a Year and 4 months ago. That's why I don't know if he got the last two.

Also last seen on Watchuseek Oct 11th 2021

Just looked back on my PMs. This is how his collection stood in Feb 2021, and he was definitely going to be getting the teal which was rumoured at the time, I know that. And he had plans to get the panda too if one was made. Hope he's OK.
Edited:

That's a Year and 4 months ago. That's why I don't know if he got the last two.
Yes sorry I forgot to place the “1 year and..” I just hope he’s okay.

OK . . . great idea . . . I'll play . . .

1. Hodinkee Skipperrera -- to me the Glass Box crystal gives the watches a whimsical look, and the Skipper is a whimsical watch . . . fun watch!!
2. Fragment -- love the original; love the Fujiwara touches . . . perfect!! Recent sales above the $10K level suggest that others agree
3. 60th Anniversary Panda -- great version of a great heritage model!!
4. 160th Silver -- as pure as the driven snow
5. Dato -- fun watch; love the combination of original elements and well-considered changes
6. Blue Dreamer -- will always live in the shadow of the Skipperrera; tough to be in the class of 2017
7. Red -- for when you feel like wearing a red watch
8. Green -- for when you feel like wearing a green watch
9. Montreal -- the Montreal dial belongs in the Montreal case . . . period!!
10. Telemeter -- it's just not as good as the others, to my eye

Jeff

I just wished the Fujiwara Fragment Carrera kept it clean and placed all logos and branding at the back just like what Hodinkee or Revolution did. It’s the only thing making me put it in last place 🤔 I just can’t unsee it..

If money and market value are the top priorities, Skipper and Fujiwara would be on top 😗

And I would have snatched a Glassbox Montreal only if TH just decided to name it Montreal (even in a Carrera case, just like the Skipper) 😉

Also last seen on Watchuseek Oct 11th 2021

Just looked back on my PMs. This is how his collection stood in Feb 2021, and he was definitely going to be getting the teal which was rumoured at the time, I know that. And he had plans to get the panda too if one was made. Hope he's OK.
He did in fact get the Teal Carrera. See this post. He seemed intent on getting all of them. I hope he's OK as well and quietly enjoying the complete set somewhere.
d3d67f8a-ee4d-4f47-bd9e-929355b93318-jpeg.1219970

We really need @Hubert here to add his definitive opinion and of course his top 10.
Also a picture of his Glassbox Children would be really appreciated.

For me:

1. Carrera 60th Anniversary #Pandamonium

2. 160th TAG Heuer Anniversary Silver

3. Dato

4. Montreal

5. Red

6. Fujiwara Fragment

7. Teal

8. Skipper (not mine)

9. Blue Dreamer (not mine)

10. Telemeter

I know it may seem sacrilegious to not have the King at the top, but this is how I rank them...
1. Skipper
2. Ice King
3. Panda King
4. Fragment
5. Dato
6. Teal
7. Red
8.Telemeter
9. Blue Dreamer
10. Montreal

Wearing the Ice King while ranking - just finishing the work day.

We really need @Hubert here to add his definitive opinion and of course his top 10.
Also a picture of his Glassbox Children would be really appreciated.
Unfortunately, don't have a group picture of all of them. Closest one is this, as they are in a bank vault. Pandas not pictured (Telemeter & 2-60s)

Unfortunately, don't have a group picture of all of them. Closest one is this, as they are in a bank vault. Pandas not pictured (Telemeter & 2-60s)

This will do..
Very impressive as always.

That blue racing rally strap on your Montreal is how that watch should've come. Looks awesome!

The Montreal isn't that popular on this forum. But I have a feeling it has the potential to develop a following in time. Just as the Paul Newman Rolex Daytona was very unpopular when initially sold (before it was known as the Paul Newman).

The two were both somewhat dismissed in favor of their more mainstream counterparts. It will be interesting to see how all these Carreras are viewed 10 years from now.

That blue racing rally strap on your Montreal is how that watch should've come. Looks awesome!

The Montreal isn't that popular on this forum. But I have a feeling it has the potential to develop a following in time. Just as the Paul Newman Rolex Daytona was very unpopular when initially sold (before it was known as the Paul Newman).

The two were both somewhat dismissed in favor of their more mainstream counterparts. It will be interesting to see how all these Carreras are viewed 10 years from now.
It needs somebody famous to wear it then I suppose?

Thanks for all the lists gents. I will collate the final race standings today and publish the championship table soon...
Edited:

He did in fact get the Teal Carrera. See this post. He seemed intent on getting all of them. I hope he's OK as well and quietly enjoying the complete set somewhere.
d3d67f8a-ee4d-4f47-bd9e-929355b93318-jpeg.1219970
I dropped him a line on Instagram. He was active in 2022 on there but nothing for a while. Let's see if he responds.

What a collection! Do you wish you had the missing two? Such a shame they have to be kept in a vault. I would wear a different colour every day. 😀

Thanks for all the lists gents. I will collate the final race standings today and publish the chanpionship table soon...

Thanks for doing all the hard work Charlie.

OK, are you ready for some results in the Glassbox F1 world championship? I think most of us have given their "race result" now.

Hardly surprising that our clear championship winner is the King Panda. But it was given a good challenge by the Skipper and the Ice King.

Full results below. (I've kept Rob's separate since he doesn't own a Glassbox Carrera, but it doesn't change the result a great deal although it did switch the Ice King into second place from the Skipper):

Maybe it’s just me, but I constantly wondered why it may be that most are rather harsh on the Montreal… 👎

Leaving aside the rather idiotic name, this is the best explanation I can come up with:
The yellow lume on the hands is just too much… If it had hands with normal white lume, it would look way better! Wondering if anyone here could photoshop that. Otherwise I can ask for that in a dedicated thread on Uhrforum.