TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02 Montreal Limited Edition CBK221C

Thanks for the better quality photo @Anthony.R. It still looks very 'Play School' to me though. Let's pick all the primary colours and daub them on the dial.... Not that it was very likely that I would have been interested but this is a definite 'no' from me.

CBK221C.FC6488_1000.png

CBK221C.FC6488_0314.png

Added the right way this time.
Sorry again for earlier.
received_278293286587105.jpeg
So what's your impression in the metal? Do the pictures do it justice?

^ Albert, are you already working on the Connected edition?!

So what's your impression in the metal? Do the pictures do it justice?

Hello Hubert
Apologies to you also for earlier.

The first thing that took my eye when I saw the Blue Model was how Yellow the Accents were.
It really pops out at you.
But I'm not sure that is a good thing.

It might be too "Modern" for a RE-Edition.

I'm leaning towards the First Model.

Unless you have any info on another likely model coming soon?

^ Albert, are you already working on the Connected edition?!
:) No, I hope Gavril Tardi is going to launch his watch face version of the CBK221C, so I’m waiting for him, because -for sure- it will be the best one.

When ready, I plan to combine this watch face with the Modular 45 titanium case and lugs, and with the blue calfskin strap with red stitching from the Red Bull Racing Special Edition ;)

Hello Hubert
Apologies to you also for earlier.

The first thing that took my eye when I saw the Blue Model was how Yellow the Accents were.
It really pops out at you.
But I'm not sure that is a good thing.

It might be too "Modern" for a RE-Edition.

I'm leaning towards the First Model.

Unless you have any info on another likely model coming soon?
Thanks Anthony. I have a pre-order on the silver, but I am also considering this Montreal edition as a possible second. However, I also have several other limited edition watches on my wishlist, so I may wait.

As for your question, these appear to be the only vintage themed Carreras for this year. .

:) No, I hope Gavril Tardi is going to launch his watch face version of the CBK221C, so I’m waiting for him, because -for sure- it will be the best one.

When ready, I plan to combine this watch face with the Modular 45 titanium case and lugs, and with the blue calfskin strap with red stitching from the Red Bull Racing Special Edition ;)
Thanks! I'll be waiting. :)

Need to see some proper on-wrist shots, as apart from the top photo, these are renders. I can't properly see the dial, is it white, cream or silvery/metallic? One thing is for sure, I don't like the use of yellow lume on the hands or the hour plots. I'm not sure I like the blue circle inside the red seconds track. In fact I'm not sure I like the colour scheme at all to be honest.

Let's just say I don't think this one is going to be pinching too many sales from the 160th version.

Need to see some proper on-wrist shots, as apart from the top photo, these are renders. I can't properly see the dial, is it white, cream or silvery/metallic? One thing is for sure, I don't like the use of yellow lume on the hands or the hour plots. I'm not sure I like the blue circle inside the red seconds track. In fact I'm not sure I like the colour scheme at all to be honest.

Let's just say I don't think this one is going to be pinching too many sales from the 160th version.
Plenty of wrist shots coming...

I still don't understand. Why put the Montreal colours on a Carrera?? It's not even as well done as that Montreal. It looks like something is missing.

^ I'm with you. That is why with every "re-edition" I can't help but notice all the variations and how many of them fall short of the originals.
upload_2020-6-25_1-27-54.png

^ I'm with you. That is why with every "re-edition" I can't help but notice all the variations and how many of them fall short of the originals.
upload_2020-6-25_1-27-54.png
I'm not necessarily looking for a 1:1 re-edition. But the overall package has to work. It's clearly very easy to get it wrong, though, where for example you take design cues but lose the original point of them.

I really like this execution. Combining the exciting '70s colourways with the classic proportions of the '60s Carrera really works. The classic Carrera is a great canvas for all sorts of designs, subdued and bold. It's not as 'out there' as the white Montreal but most importantly it's not an easy re-edition. A really good example of how to combine the best elements of your heritage and bring something new and exciting to the table. I expect it will look a lot better in the metal. My favourite detail is the blue ring with yellow lume plots. That white dial is also gorgeous.
The grey Carrera is nice but not as nice as the 2447 original. This Mondriaan Carrera is in a league of its own.