Forums Latest Members
  1. Trevor Gorman

Trevor Gorman Apr 13, 2024

Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong group but I was unable to post in the Sales Forum. I have a TAG HEURE CARERRA ref CAR201Z.BA0714 which I am looking to sell. I've owned it since new (2017), UK Ernest Jones purchase, with box and papers, in very good condition. I recall the price when new was approx £4440, on Chrono24 they appear to vary from £2000 up to £4000 second hand. I'm after some advice on the best way to sell it, when I sold an Omega Seamaster (007 Limited edition) previously I sold it to a dealer directly and made a profit (but it was a limited edition). Any advice would be appreciated. I've attached a few images. Thanks, Trev

TAG1.jpg TAG6.jpg TAG7.png
  2. imagwai

imagwai Apr 13, 2024

eBay is probably the easiest and safest way, but you'll pay quite a hefty fee.
    You can list in the sales forum on this site I think, but you won't get many views.
    Chrono24 is potentially a good option - you'll also pay a fee to sell there and their policies encourage you to list solely there.
    Failing that, a used watch dealer might buy it off you. Watchfinder will give you a lowball price but pretty much a guaranteed sale. Or you could try an independent dealer like Kibble Watches (they usually sell for you on commission, though, meaning you take a risk). Or try a high street pawn broker. Again, you won't get the best price.

3. YY77

YY77 Apr 13, 2024

He needs to have a 200 post count before that is allowed.

4. imagwai

imagwai Apr 13, 2024

OK, I can never keep up with all the different rules across multiple forums. I think he'll have the same issue then at Omega Forums and Watchuseek who are probably more stringent than we are here.

Personally, I think eBay is good if you can stomach the fees. You can sometimes time your listing to take advantage of an 80% discount off fees promotion, but make sure you check the T&Cs.

Aquagraph likes this.
  5. YY77

YY77 Apr 13, 2024

Yes, the 200 posts rule has been there for years now, just last year it was implemented here as well.

6. Trevor Gorman

Trevor Gorman Apr 13, 2024

Thanks, folks, I haven't used eBay for years, unfortunately. I've taken a look at some of the sellers on Chrono24 with the same watch, Chronohunter, AMJ watches, Watches of Whitby, The Watch Village, Watches of Wales and Mark Worthington Jewellers, so I may approach them directly as a first pass. Any additional advice would be great. Thanks