TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02 Montreal Limited Edition CBK221C

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. :(
The yellow on this watch is a bit much for my taste. I think I would've liked it more if they kept the colors more like the JH81 Silver & Blue Carrera (below). I think I'd take the JH81 Calibre 17 over this new one.
CV5111.FC6335_TAG_HEUER_CARRRERA_CALIBRE_17_CHRONOGRAPH_PACKSHOT_2013-imp.jpg

I would get it in a hearbeat ONLY if it was named Montreal.. :( I wish TH just named this one “Montreal” on the dial. They can call is Carrera Montreal..
Edited:

I still don't understand. Why put the Montreal colours on a Carrera?? It's not even as well done as that Montreal. It looks like something is missing.

The Montreal isn't exactly a shining example of design anyway so using it as inspiration seems questionable.

The Montreal isn't exactly a shining example of design anyway so using it as inspiration seems questionable.
::rant:

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. :(
The yellow on this watch is a bit much for my taste. I think I would've liked it more if they kept the colors more like the JH81 Silver & Blue Carrera (below). I think I'd take the JH81 Calibre 17 over this new one.
CV5111.FC6335_TAG_HEUER_CARRRERA_CALIBRE_17_CHRONOGRAPH_PACKSHOT_2013-imp.jpg

Indeed. I don't think TAG Heuer have really hit the mark since these JH81 editions. I still plan to pick up one of these (CV5111) at some point.

Thanks for article DC! All the while I thought the Heuer Montreal was about the “Canadian GP” racetrack.. ::confused2::

So we have 6x 39mm Glassbox Heuer Carreras ::book::::book::

Calibre 18
Carrera Telemeter, Skipper, Carrera Blue Dreamer

Calibre Heuer 02
Carrera Fragment, Carrera Silver 160, Carrera Montreal

I still don't understand. Why put the Montreal colours on a Carrera?? It's not even as well done as that Montreal. It looks like something is missing.

As soon as I saw this I thought 'someone on the Calibre 11 forum will say: why put the Montreal colours on a Carrera', and sure enough...:D

It looks better in a Carrera case though instead of that hilariously awful Speedmaster 2 case....::stirthepot::

It looks better in a Carrera case though instead of that hilariously awful Speedmaster 2 case....::stirthepot::
:) you bastard
I've owned the speedmaster 2 but the Montreal case is A LOT nicer. They always get compared but have very little in common.

I'm overall not a fan either, I think it's too much of a mish-mash of colors. What I will say though is I think the chapter ring with the 12-15 in blue and the rest in red is a pretty cool touch.

Honestly? I think this should have been what they used for the Formula 1 Fragment - these loud colors would work so much better in a "loud" case like that!

Calling @Ara for a photoshop here. He hasn't been responding to 'shop requests but we need him now more than ever!

I'm overall not a fan either, I think it's too much of a mish-mash of colors. What I will say though is I think the chapter ring with the 12-15 in blue and the rest in red is a pretty cool touch.

Honestly? I think this should have been what they used for the Formula 1 Fragment - these loud colors would work so much better in a "loud" case like that!

Calling @Ara for a photoshop here. He hasn't been responding to 'shop requests but we need him now more than ever!

Are you talking about the original or the new one, cos I don't see 12-15 in blue on the new one...?

I'm overall not a fan either, I think it's too much of a mish-mash of colors.
One might go as far as to describe it as a hot mess. OK, that's maybe a little over the top. I want to like it, and I am trying to like it, really I am. But I just don't. I'm clearly in a minority, though, and I'm kind of glad it exists. More sensibly-sized, vintage style Carrera options = good!

I just hope TAG listen to the comments on Instagram though and bring out panda and reverse panda versions (for the Carrera 60th anniversary?). That would be a **really** difficult choice, trying to decide between those two!!

Are you talking about the original or the new one, cos I don't see 12-15 in blue on the new one...?
He means 12-3 in the minute track