TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02 Montreal Limited Edition CBK221C

Are you talking about the original or the new one, cos I don't see 12-15 in blue on the new one...?
He means 12-3 in the minute track

Yeah-

upload_2020-6-25_9-7-2.png

:) you bastard
I've owned the speedmaster 2 but the Montreal case is A LOT nicer. They always get compared but have very little in common.
The Montreal is not for me. The first time I saw its case, I thought they were trying to replicate James Bond's Geiger counter watch from Thunderball. LOL. :p
130516-007-tb_breitling-top-time-real-prop-1.jpg

I'm overall not a fan either, I think it's too much of a mish-mash of colors. What I will say though is I think the chapter ring with the 12-15 in blue and the rest in red is a pretty cool touch.

Honestly? I think this should have been what they used for the Formula 1 Fragment - these loud colors would work so much better in a "loud" case like that!

Calling @Ara for a photoshop here. He hasn't been responding to 'shop requests but we need him now more than ever!

Greetings! New dial in a Formula 1 case. I can arrange that.

PS, I'm going to whip up the Pepsi GMT you asked for soon, but been flooded with work at the office due to COVID. (we make vitamins)

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. :(
The yellow on this watch is a bit much for my taste. I think I would've liked it more if they kept the colors more like the JH81 Silver & Blue Carrera (below). I think I'd take the JH81 Calibre 17 over this new one.
CV5111.FC6335_TAG_HEUER_CARRRERA_CALIBRE_17_CHRONOGRAPH_PACKSHOT_2013-imp.jpg
This (above example) was the 1st Carrera I ever bought and probably shares equal top ‘wrist time’ with my SMP. The Cal 17 is so versatile and elegant as a sports watch IMHO. Timeless classic design.

I actually quite like both of the new designs. I might have preferred different options. But if I do take the plunge I’d be happy with either the ‘Silver’ one is most likely of the two. If they were gen LEs then I’d have already snapped up both. But as they are made in 4 digit quantities I also feel in these uncertain times that there’s no real need fo rush in.

Of course the new movement attracts a premium. But the facts are that these will quite likely be available at a discount in 12 to 18 months time. So rather than buy one now I’ll likely hedge and wait. So going to take a wait and see on these.

Something else has come up as an opportunity and that chance won’t be repeated.

But really happy to see that modern takes on the classic designs are still part of the picture. That’s very encouraging.

Greetings! New dial in a Formula 1 case. I can arrange that.

PS, I'm going to whip up the Pepsi GMT you asked for soon, but been flooded with work at the office due to COVID. (we make vitamins)

Busy is good :thumbsup:

I'd do it myself but I'd have to spend some real time learning Photoshop to get to the point you're at. But I'm thinking a render of the new Autavia as homage to the 2446 GMT would be great - love the renders you've done of the 1163 homage but I think it'd work best as a 3-register with classic subdials :D

As for the F1, maybe a couple different bezel options? I think steel bezel with black enamel numerals would look better on an F1-as-Montreal.

This (above example) was the 1st Carrera I ever bought and probably shares equal top ‘wrist time’ with my SMP. The Cal 17 is so versatile and elegant as a sports watch IMHO. Timeless classic design.

I actually quite like both of the new designs. I might have preferred different options. But if I do take the plunge I’d be happy with either the ‘Silver’ one is most likely of the two. If they were gen LEs then I’d have already snapped up both. But as they are made in 4 digit quantities I also feel in these uncertain times that there’s no real need fo rush in.

Of course the new movement attracts a premium. But the facts are that these will quite likely be available at a discount in 12 to 18 months time. So rather than buy one now I’ll likely hedge and wait. So going to take a wait and see on these.

Something else has come up as an opportunity and that chance won’t be repeated.

But really happy to see that modern takes on the classic designs are still part of the picture. That’s very encouraging.
I don't own a Carrera yet. I've been meaning to get one for decades. At first I thought it would be the 40th anniversary, then the JH80 or JH81 (Silver & Blue), then the Telemetre. Finally I wanted the Fragment but thought it was too expensive. I still think about getting one of the original manual wind re-editions as well.

I really want to like both versions of the 160. There are times when I feel the Silver is perfect; it's classic, understated and elegant. But at other times, I feel it's kind of bland. Especially when it sits next to the Carrera Montreal. This new one is beginning to grow on me a bit more. However, for me, neither is really a "home run" like the JH80 & JH81 designs were.
105281380_925871591170586_8181783043942455448_n.jpg

For the 150th anniversary TAG Heuer made a box with the Meridiist phone in it and an orange Grand Carrera. It doesn't look like they are doing anything genuinely 'modern' for the 160th... and by 'genuinely modern' I mean 'not inspired by a classic 'Heuer'. :(

For the 150th anniversary TAG Heuer made a box with the Meridiist phone in it and an orange Grand Carrera. It doesn't look like they are doing anything genuinely 'modern' for the 160th... and by 'genuinely modern' I mean 'not inspired by a classic 'Heuer'. :(
There will be 2 modern Carreras to celebrate the 160th Anniversary coming later this year, which will use the case of the new Carrera 44mm line.

So generally speaking, are we okay with a 'Montreal' in a Carrera case? I was expecting much more moaning about it...

So generally speaking, are we okay with a 'Montreal' in a Carrera case? I was expecting much more moaning about it...
Troublemaker! ;)

There will be 2 modern Carreras to celebrate the 160th Anniversary coming later this year, which will use the case of the new Carrera 44mm line.

Yes, they are modern looking - but they are also inspired by old Heuer watches... I was hoping for something a little less 'homagey' and a little more orange Grand Carrera and a phone in a massive box!:p

Meh, who cares. The Montreal and this Carrera are welcome to each other!

You mean 'Mutant Carrera' 44mm line, of course.

All in all, these are what makes Heuer / TAG Heuer exciting for me as a watch brand. They don’t trail the “ultra conservative” route but offer variety, initiate stimulus for creativity and innovation, thus cater to different tastes and personalities. As I have said before, the Carrera is the platform of TAG Heuer to be bold, to be brave and to be beautiful. I would have wanted to make it named “Montreal” just like the “Skipper” although we know both of them comes as a Carrera ;)
13D6D516-3C6C-4320-9A10-FBE60D230E09.jpeg

:) you bastard

I'll say one thing for it, at least they didn't carry over those awful oblong subdial hands...