Sihh & Baselworld 2018 - Predictions, dreams and wishes

Well, it occurred to me today that TAG are yet to enter the bronze fad, so maybe a bronze 43mm Aquaracer?
I like where you are going with this!

I like where you are going with this!

Really? I can't say as I'm very keen on the idea myself... but it just seems to be a 'thing' in the watch world at the moment.

Really? I can't say as I'm very keen on the idea myself... but it just seems to be a 'thing' in the watch world at the moment.
Bronze has never been my thing either. But the new Zenith Flyback changed my mind.

Well, it occurred to me today that TAG are yet to enter the bronze fad, so maybe a bronze 43mm Aquaracer?
Dont like that thought but who knows, might be something cool if it happens

Bronze has never been my thing either. But the new Zenith Flyback changed my mind.
Bronze is cool, but I want to try one on in the metal before I would pull the trigger on a more expensive watch in bronze. But bronze and blue go hand in hand, something that I think is proven clearly by the Tudor BB Bucherer and the Christopher Ward Trident. I would most probably approve if TH did an Aquaracer in some similar colour scheme.
TUDOR Heritage BLACK BAY Bronze BLUE for BUCHERER 03.jpg

I wonder if all the pre-Basel releases recently mean that there will be fewer releases during Baselworld. If not I suppose it will some of the usual stuff like new color combinations of AR and F1

I wonder if all the pre-Basel releases recently mean that there will be fewer releases during Baselworld. If not I suppose it will some of the usual stuff like new color combinations of AR and F1
Hopefully not! But with all these new releases the past months I have a hard time seeing how much new stuff they can develop in a year. I would have expected the new Connected 41 and Carrera 02 to wait until Basel. At the same time, it feels strange to not release any new top-tier TH watches during Baselworld, especially considering all the media coverage. Is this the time when we finally see the rumoured TAG Heuer Defy?

I have a feeling you will be proven right.

Is this the time when we finally see the rumoured TAG Heuer Defy?

Possibly, although I thought JCB not before 2019.

I suspect that companies are making more pre-Baselworld announcements because they've come to realize that bloggers and/or social media chatter will center around Rolex and Patek (and maybe Omega) during the week of Baselworld. Why try to fight those companies for coverage and mindshare during the event when you can get 100% of coverage for a day before the event?

This bronze and unique khaki green is certainly working out for me !

But the new aquaracer with the green dial and steel lugs looks even prettier in my opinion.

I would love to see aquaracer with inhouse movement. Come on Tag Heuer !

I wouldn't be unhappy to see a bronze watch.

Would also like/expect at least one new addition to heritage line. maybe something derived from the Ronnie peterson given the carrera 55 anniversary.. but 2019 may be a better anniversary for this case shape which I think came along in 69
2017-TAG-Heuer-Carrera-1.jpg
Edited:

This bronze and unique khaki green is certainly working out for me !

Try one on, I love the black bay bronze in pictures, did nothing for me on the wrist

Try one on, I love the black bay bronze in pictures, did nothing for me on the wrist
Normally yes. But i think green dial will do different for me. But lets see...

Aside from bronze the other 'faddy' thing that TAG are missing out on at the moment is a pilot watch with a big onion crown. Let's hope it stays that way.

Aside from bronze the other 'faddy' thing that TAG are missing out on at the moment is a pilot watch with a big onion crown. Let's hope it stays that way.

Yes! Everyone is doing that so totally agree with you

The green dial is cool but it looks too faded for me personally. Sure, I might have a bit of a fetish for blue dials, but that the Bucherer edition looks both more "under-the-radar" and "pops out" at the same time.

(I'm fully aware that it doesn't make any sense, but watches and beauty are subjective feelings).

(I'm fully aware that it doesn't make any sense, but watches and beauty are subjective feelings).

Very true