Sihh & Baselworld 2018 - Predictions, dreams and wishes

Very true
The part of my sentence that doesn't make any sense or the party that watches and the taste is subjective?;)

I also heard somewhere that grey dials are the next big thing, so maybe a grey dial Formula One?

I also heard somewhere that grey dials are the next big thing, so maybe a grey dial Formula One?
That would be sad, blue dials will always have a special place in my heart!

The part of my sentence that doesn't make any sense or the party that watches and the taste is subjective?;)

The bit about taste being subjective, Im too polite to mention the bit that doesn't make sense ;)

Speaking of grey dial F1s, this is a very nice one that I could have bought a year ago in Bicester...
Formula_1_Chronograph_Watch_CAU1119_BA0858.jpg

Speaking of grey dial F1s, this is a very nice one that I could have bought a year ago in Bicester...
Formula_1_Chronograph_Watch_CAU1119_BA0858.jpg
Colors that go really well together, sporty look

I just tried to book a hotel for basel on Thursday and Friday night (I'm passing so thought I'd stop by)...£660/night!

Guess I should plan slightly further in advance next year

hopefully some more mechanical modules for the connected.
I wouldn't hope for too much. We already have the Calibre5 three hand module for both the 45 and 41mm editions, as well as the new Calibre16 chronograph module for the Connected 45mm.

I wouldn't hope for too much. We already have the Calibre5 three hand module for both the 45 and 41mm editions, as well as the new Calibre16 chronograph module for the Connected 45mm.

true..Be nice to have a TAG Heuer Carrera 01 module, ah the wish list just grows...

true..Be nice to have a TAG Heuer Carrera 01 module, ah the wish list just grows...
That was discussed in some earlier thread. As far as I can remember it, TAG/someone close to them said that the Heuer01 and Heuer02 are not going to be modules for the Connected. The reason for this would be that TH want to have their most exclusive movements in its own references and didn't want to to have them in the cheaper Connected.

I just tried to book a hotel for basel on Thursday and Friday night (I'm passing so thought I'd stop by)...£660/night!

Guess I should plan slightly further in advance next year
Even a year in advance it's tough...accomodation is so hard that the brands book several years in advance!

Really really sad day for the Breitling community. The new fucker for ceo named Kern is totally butching the brand, instantly removing a lot of models, stopping most quartz models, removing the famous anchor/wings logo, cutting costs by decreasing detail levels, removing the jet team, simplifying designs to make it fit Chinese taste etc.

Even new Breitling website feels like an Omega website or some similar shit...

All my hopes are for Tag Heuer at this point.

Sorry for negative post, this crap just bugs the hell out of me

Really really sad day for the Breitling community. The new fucker for ceo named Kern is totally butching the brand, instantly removing a lot of models, stopping most quartz models, removing the famous anchor/wings logo, cutting costs by decreasing detail levels, removing the jet team, simplifying designs to make it fit Chinese taste etc.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/navitimer-1-automatic-38 Circular slide rule but no chronograph. Bit of a chocolate fireguard there?

Kwik Kwiz How many here have ever used a slide rule? Or even earned a living with the aid of one.

Kwik Kwiz How many here have ever used a slide rule? Or even earned a living with the aid of one.

I learned to use one as a child but I have certainly never earned any money as a result.

I've got some faith in the new Breitling team. They've engaged with their collectors community (@WatchFred), hired from Hodinkee to manage digital and they've appointed Stephane Linder as COO.

Stephane is a lovely guy who of course was CEO of TAG Heuer before JCB. He drove the Monaco V4 amongst other projects, and he and I have caught up a few times over the last couple of years. Very passionate about watches, and I'd back him to get more right than wrong.

Still, that a perspective from someone who is only vaguely interested in Breitling, so I get that the true believers may see things differently