Forums Latest Members

Baselworld 2016 Wishes & Predictions

1. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 13, 2016

As you all know, we are just days away from what has probably become, the most exciting time of the year for Swiss watch lovers, Baselworld 2016.

This week TAG Heuer dropped the bomb that sent shock-waves on the watch community with The Autavia Cup, which will culminate next year with the re-edition of a new Autavia.

We also saw a leak of what possible could be the new Heritage Monza, whose links have now mysteriously vanished, but appears to have been closely predicted by David a short time after the news first broke in JCB's interview last year.

I personally am hoping the show will bring us another Heritage Carrera, but that may be unlikely, given last year’s Telemeter, and prior to that the three Jack Heuer 80th variants.

On the other hand, I hope we get an all black Heritage Monaco, like the one that appears to have been sported by Chris Hemsworth during his most recent SNL appearance.

For the Connected fans, I think we’ll see some new variants and hopefully some new watch-faces.

And then, there could also be a chance we'll see an anniversary model.

Finally, we all seem to be anticipating more Heuer-01 variants and of course the two Heuer-02 Tourbillon front-and-center. But could this year also bring us a next gen Heuer-03? Doubtful, as I sense we’ll probably have to wait another a year or more for that.

In conclusion, I honestly think this year’s announcements will not be as polarizing as last year’s. I am really hoping the lessons from the past 12 months have served the company well in its transformation, so that this year we’ll see a triumphant execution of their renewed vision.

What are your wishes & predictions for this year's Baselworld?

Edited Mar 13, 2016
  2. elbeik

elbeik Mar 13, 2016

I surely hope we'll see a numbered limited edition.

Looking at the past two years, TH has been restructuring its line-up. Perhaps the F1 will see a unique model this year. Red Bull?

What if there was a limited edition of 111 Calibre11.com F1s? Similar to the GMT model, but with red instead of blue, offered in a box set that also includes a nato strap in addition to the bracelet.

3. Hubert

A limited / numbered edition certainly would be nice.

Yes, I think a Red Bull F1 model is pretty much a guarantee.

David would probably have to work his influence to get a Calibre 11 edition; we discussed this a while back, some of you might remember. A bit of a long shot, if you ask me.

4. elbeik

elbeik Mar 13, 2016

His connections are stronger than ever :cool:

Hubert likes this.
  5. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 13, 2016

Hi Guys,

A quick check-in from Heathrow- on my way to Switzerland, so will be able to bring you the news soon.

I took down the image of the Heuer Monza. TAG Heuer asked if we could not spoil the surprise, so I think that's a reasonable request when the only reason that the photo was live is because someone on Instagram leaked an embargoed photo (to be clear, I don't mean the person who posted it here- that poster was very conscientious and contacted me directly when it became clear it had broken embargo).

Generally, all brands have by now sent out the images of their Basel launches. They trust that the publications do the right thing and not publish early..but of course, some do. There are plenty of photos of the new Tudor Black Bay Bronze online, with some publications smugly blaming someone else for leaking the photos but using that as an excuse to do the same!

So, with that in mind, I couldn't possibly comment on what we'll be seeing in a few days, other than to say as soon as I can show you I will! ;)

Edited Mar 13, 2016
    automobilia42 and Hubert like this.
  6. Big Adam

Big Adam Mar 13, 2016

If the unverified pics of the new Monza are accurate, that's my wish list fulfilled right there. :)

I'm loving the way current TH management is embracing it's Heuer heritage.

EDIT: I hope I'm conscientious and not contentious! :p

7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 13, 2016

Could be both! (Fixed ;) )

8. Hubert

9. elbeik

elbeik Mar 14, 2016

10. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 14, 2016

11. elbeik

elbeik Mar 14, 2016

Nothing much to read. It's basically an Instagram for watches with a couple of quizzes and few articles.

Here are the spoilers:
    Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 15.36.11 .png Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 15.36.18 .png Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 15.36.24 .png

Surprisingly no Tudor. Nothing much surprising actually.

Calibre11 likes this.