Sihh & Baselworld 2018 - Predictions, dreams and wishes

I know die hard navitimer fans will have hard time to accept this new thing. But is it okay if i say i found the green dial one alluring :oops: ?

Ahhh i am a sucker for green dial.

I think in order for Breitling to be top again, first they need to make the money
And often decision to satisfied mass market is against the WIS community.

That said i am also waiting for Breitling to be on top of their game again.

Just my 2 cents...

Now back to our beloved Tag Heuer....

I've got some faith in the new Breitling team. They've engaged with their collectors community (@WatchFred), hired from Hodinkee to manage digital and they've appointed Stephane Linder as

Still, that a perspective from someone who is only vaguely interested in Breitling, so I get that the true believers may see things differently

Not a breitling fan personally.... way too busy.

The New releases actually an improvement in my eyes

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/navitimer-1-automatic-38 Circular slide rule but no chronograph. Bit of a chocolate fireguard there?

Kwik Kwiz How many here have ever used a slide rule? Or even earned a living with the aid of one.

When I started working as an engineer I earned my first money using a slide rule. Pure calculating, no batteries - no updates - no trouble!

Oops, now you can estimate my age

Not using a slide rule I cant :D I really must learn how to use one.

Not using a slide rule I cant :D I really must learn how to use one.

Please have a look at YouTube. There are some helpful explanations. We had to learn it at school, it is not that difficult!
The greatest problem might be to buy one!

Please have a look at YouTube. There are some helpful explanations. We had to learn it at school, it is not that difficult!

I'm sure my parents have some kicking around :) I'll take a look on youtube.

Seems like Breitling are jumping on the heritage bandwagon - just as it's starting to run out of steam...

You know, I even heard someone on the radio talking about bread the other day saying the whole 'looking backwards' thing has been done to death and we need to start looking forward. Bread!!!

When I started working as an engineer I earned my first money using a slide rule. Pure calculating, no batteries - no updates - no trouble!

I bought this when I was a student. Cost me £4.4s -- which was about two weeks income at the time. Used it in my first two jobs, designing power-station steelwork and then truck brakes. The Omega cost more, but that was after I'd worked nearly 10 years in computer software development.
PA230184.JPG

eBay "2,830 results for slide rule"

I do wish I could remember where I put my E6B :(

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
We had to learn it at school, it is not that difficult!

I was given my first at age 13 or 14. I was the only kid in my year with one so I was permitted to use it in class but not in examinations. "Unfair to other pupils."

Perhaps you can guess what my father and both grandfathers did.....