Sihh & Baselworld 2018 - Predictions, dreams and wishes

Feels like too early for a new generation? Perhaps the smaller version of the modular.
A smaller version but with the same technical strength would be lovely! Not for my wallet, but for my tech loving heart and interest for TAG!

Feels like too early for a new generation? Perhaps the smaller version of the modular.
The smaller and a larger version were discussed last year during the Modular launch, so it would be a good bet to expect them sooner or later.

Now that the Calibre 1969 Calibre CH80 Calibre Heuer 02 is a reality, getting this watch would be nice.

TAG-Heuer-Carrera-Calibre-1969_32.jpg

Now that the Calibre 1969 Calibre CH80 Calibre Heuer 02 is a reality, getting this watch would be nice.

TAG-Heuer-Carrera-Calibre-1969_32.jpg

It really would. I like the subtle and quirky way they implemented the date too.

What do you guys think of a Monaco with the Heuer02 movement? Is that something we might see in the future?

What do you guys think of a Monaco with the Heuer02 movement? Is that something we might see in the future?

I believe I suggested (and photoshopped) a Monaco with a Heuer 02T movement last year. Annoyingly I can't find the post where I posted it.

If they implemented a bi-compax version of the Heuer 02, then yes. Personally, I don't think the 3 register Monacos work.

If they implemented a bi-compax version of the Heuer 02, then yes. Personally, I don't think the 3 register Monacos work.
Yeah, I also struggle a bit with seeing Monaco as a three-dial version. With that said I would really like to see a Calibre11 reference with the Heuer02 I will really start to save up some extra money for a Monaco!

Ref. CAW211P was meant to have the Calibre CH80 movement, but switched to the Calibre 11 when the CH80 was put on hold ;)

Ref. CAW211P was meant to have the Calibre CH80 movement, but switched to the Calibre 11 when the CH80 was put on hold ;)
So it's definitely not impossible that we'll soon see a new Monaco with an in-house movement I suppose then!

So it's definitely not impossible that we'll soon see a new Monaco with an in-house movement I suppose then!

I wonder how they would implement a LHS crown?

I want a Heuer badged Monaco with the vintage style mushroom pushers as on my Monza, Silverstone & Autavia.
A man after my own heart. Been waiting for that for years.....
That is my ultimate Monaco reissue.
Edited:

I wonder how they would implement a LHS crown?
I don't know even remotely enough about watchmaking to be able to give a good answer, but it feels like that wouldn't be too much of a hazzle to modify the CH80/Heuer02/Heuer01 to implement? That's one of the only differences (as far as I know) between Calibre12 and Calibre11 so it should be able to do for some of the new movements as well?

I don't know even remotely enough about watchmaking to be able to give a good answer, but it feels like that wouldn't be too much of a hazzle to modify the CH80/Heuer02/Heuer01 to implement? That's one of the only differences (as far as I know) between Calibre12 and Calibre11 so it should be able to do for some of the new movements as well?

Calibre 11 and 12 are modular movements, so they just reversed the base movement to put the crown on the left.

The idea for that watch was a 2-reg CH80 with crown on the left..but I have no idea if that was just a design concept or whether it was developed beyond that...and no, it wasn't just the CH80 turned around 180 degrees, as the sub-dials at 9 and 3 were the same as today's Autavia Heuer-02.

Either way, sounds to me like a perfect 50th Anniversary model

Given that Baselworld is next week; I think it's time to revive this thread!

We've seen part of the 2018 collection from the Geneva Days (LVMH Boat) around SIHH with the new Links, F1s and Connected 41mm.

We also have new models derived from the partnerships from the Geneva Motor Show.

Plus the 2018 Indy and Gulf Monaco (globally).

And of course the new Carrera Heuer 02 line, but we still are waiting to for the new GMT.

What other predictions do you guys have?

Personally, I still hope that we'll get a special edition later this year to celebrate the 55 Years of the Carrera.

Well, it occurred to me today that TAG are yet to enter the bronze fad, so maybe a bronze 43mm Aquaracer?