Sihh & Baselworld 2018 - Predictions, dreams and wishes

Why is that micro rotor seems "less popular" now compare to big rotor ? I know Piaget use it to make their ultra thin automatic. Why almost most companies doesn't develop micro rotor for their movement ?
Totally agree!

Is there any non "high end" watch with micro rotor? By that I mean below 5 000 USD...?

I really have no idea what might come out to be honest, last year I predicted (somewhat tongue in cheek) a Monaco Heuer02 Tourbillon in a 24 case. Didn't happen, maybe this year? :)

Surely we'll get some new Aquaracers to replace the blue/green camo ones?

Keep an eye on Watches TV who also cover the shows for videos.

I really have no idea what might come out to be honest, last year I predicted (somewhat tongue in cheek) a Monaco Heuer02 Tourbillon in a 24 case. Didn't happen, maybe this year? :)

Surely we'll get some new Aquaracers to replace the blue/green camo ones?

Keep an eye on Watches TV who also cover the shows for videos.

I really like the high production quality of Watches TV

I really like the high production quality of Watches TV

Absolutely, they don't cover TAG much, but they aren't sniffy about them either...

It depends on a variety of factors:

1. Integrated chronograph movement;
2. Piggy back chronograph module; and
3. if 2, the thickness of the base time-only movement.

Another contributing factor to thickness in modern watches is that the display case back's sapphire glass can be quite thick. Omega in particular have watches where the back glass adds 1mm to 2mm in thickness.

Another contributing factor to thickness in modern watches is that the display case back's sapphire glass can be quite thick. Omega in particular have watches where the back glass adds 1mm to 2mm in thickness.

Display casebacks is such a terrible feature on many watches. Wow, I can look at my low grade mass produced eta movement without decoration :unsure:

Display casebacks is such a terrible feature on many watches. Wow, I can look at my low grade mass produced eta movement without decoration :unsure:

Glass half empty!!

In addition to Heuer-02 expanding to Carreras and Link, let's not forget that we will probably see the introduction of the new Heuer-03 XT movement in a Carrera.

Do you think we will see that Hubert? The 03-XT in a Carrera? I'm not sure. It will happen, but will it happen yet? Won't they want to keep that for Zenith for a little while longer?

But a nicely engraved solid caseback is so much nicer, just my opinion bro

I'll try and take a semi-decent shot of the back of my Calibre 36 :).

Only got one display back, but I like it (Heuer01)
And that makes sense because that movement is a lot more pleasing to look at than the standard eta 2824 where the manufacturer often just adds their own rotor.

I'll try and take a semi-decent shot of the back of my Calibre 36 :).
Again with that one I am also guessing that the movement is a lot more pleasing to the eye? :)

And that makes sense because that movement is a lot more pleasing to look at than the standard eta 2824 where the manufacturer often just adds their own rotor.
I definitely agree with you! The Heuer 01/02 are a lot prettier than some standard ETA which barely has been modified or finished. I don't really get why they have glass back on those "lower end" movements...
Again with that one I am also guessing that the movement is a lot more pleasing to the eye? :)
Calibre 36 is TAG's name for the movement used in the Zenith El Primero. Definitely a cool movement, but what I missed when I was looking into buying my first "good" watch was actually what I perceived as a lack of finishing on the El Primero.

Speaking of something completely different: Will we see the new generation of the Connected at SIHH, or is it more likely that TH will have a separate event for that like last year?

I definitely agree with you! The Heuer 01/02 are a lot prettier than some standard ETA which barely has been modified or finished. I don't really get why they have glass back on those "lower end" movements...

Calibre 36 is TAG's name for the movement used in the Zenith El Primero. Definitely a cool movement, but what I missed when I was looking into buying my first "good" watch was actually what I perceived as a lack of finishing on the El Primero.

Speaking of something completely different: Will we see the new generation of the Connected at SIHH, or is it more likely that TH will have a separate event for that like last year?

Feels like too early for a new generation? Perhaps the smaller version of the modular.