Seafarer: TAG Heuer x Hodinkee Colab 8/8

I’ve got slim wrists but large hands and forearms and i found that 42mm fits perfect on wrist , I had tried on the 39mm carrera skipper about 2 months ago but thought it looked pretty tiny and underwhelming on my wrist .
I actually found it weird that many people complain that 42 is too big .
here are some more angles

I’ve got slim wrists but large hands and forearms and i found that 42mm fits perfect on wrist , I had tried on the 39mm carrera skipper about 2 months ago but thought it looked pretty tiny and underwhelming on my wrist .
I actually found it weird that many people complain that 42 is too big .
here are some more angles

I'm also in the slim wrists / large hands / fairly tall category (at an even 6 feet) . . . the 42 mm Glassbox Carreras seem to fit me well and looks good on my wrist.

One of the bloggers once wrote that in terms of a watch looking too big or too small, it's not the size of the wrist that matters, but the size of the person. Nowadays, it seems like everyone is wearing everything -- large people wearing small watches and small people wearing large watches. There seem to be cycles over the years of the popularity of different size watches. Right now, we seem to be in an "anything goes" moment.

Jeff

just received mine and I can tell you that I have not seen a prettier and more unique watch in a while .
the perfect classic with a quirk

Congrats, and welcome to the forum!

The replacement strap looks great!! Seems to me that the ideal set of straps for this one might be the original rubber strap (black), a traditional racing style leather strap, and something colorful, like yours. And maybe a NATO?

Thanks!

I've got the same idea as you - initially I'd thought about putting it on NATOs for the different colors, but ultimately ended up feeling like it would work better for me with straps. So I bought this fun colorful quick-release tropic, and as we get into the winter I'll be looking at getting a custom leather quick-release strap to swap it onto for when the weather and situation doesn't call for summer fun colors.

just received mine and I can tell you that I have not seen a prettier and more unique watch in a while .
the perfect classic with a quirk
Congrats! Great looking watch and pics. I see you were able to size it quickly since your post from yesterday. Well done. :thumbsup:

And welcome to the forum!

The replacement strap looks great!! Seems to me that the ideal set of straps for this one might be the original rubber strap (black), a traditional racing style leather strap, and something colorful, like yours. And maybe a NATO? Well done!!
Yes, those will all work nicely.

I also think it will look good on a bracelet. Since the reverse panda looks great to me on one.
carrera-fb-bracelet-jpg.1730243

I suspect the 42mm Elegant's bracelet will work on the Seafarer, as some have put this bracelet on the 42mm Porsche Chronosprint.
chronosprint-bracelet-jpg.1720199

This one is growing on me and among the current glassboxes it is definitely my favourite. Well perhaps the solid gold one is best. Seafarer strong second :p
The gold 1158chn tribute is my favorite glassbox as well. :)

Thanks everyone! I like the 42mm case. I would have preferred non-metallic subdials and a Heuer shield, but overall it's a solid piece. I think a NATO strap option would also have been nice to include.

Congrats Hubert. Must be time for a new watch box soon... :D
Oh you know me too well. Yes, a Planet Ocean 600m 75th and another Revolution Bund on order to put a proper Heuer 1550 dial on it.

and another Revolution Bund on order to put a proper Heuer 1550 dial on it.
What does that mean? Are you going to swap out the Sinn dial for a Heuer?

What does that mean? Are you going to swap out the Sinn dial for a Heuer?
Yes — tell us more about this one!!
Yes, that's the plan!

I purchased two of these dials ("NOS" according to the vendor).
upload_2024-8-18_17-56-47.png

And I also have this '3H' on order, although the font is different and the 2, 8, and 10 are truncated, so I've been wondering about its authenticity. Jeff do you know if any year(s) of the Bundeswehr were like this?
upload_2024-8-18_17-56-9.png

Greetings from Fernandina Beach, Florida!!

Used the local tide chart to set the Solunar.

Jeff

IMG_5442.jpeg IMG_5447.jpeg

Yes, that's the plan!

And I also have this '3H' on order, although the font is different and the 2, 8, and 10 are truncated, so I've been wondering about its authenticity. Jeff do you know if any year(s) of the Bundeswehr were like this?
OMG I love you.

Yes, that's the plan!

Very intriguing project! Don't know if those Sinn re-editions are made close enough to the vintage original specs for the dials to be interchangeable without special modifications. I guess you'll find out.

Do keep us posted!

Very intriguing project! Don't know if those Sinn re-editions are made close enough to the vintage original specs for the dials to be interchangeable without special modifications. I guess you'll find out.

Do keep us posted!
Yeah, the watch is with the watchmaker, so I will know this week if it can be done