Seafarer: TAG Heuer x Hodinkee Colab 8/8

Whilst not being a fan of this watch, visually that strap does work very nicely with it.

A friend at Hodinkee informs me that they sold out the 125 Seafarer chronographs being sold through Hodnkee, as of Monday, August 19.

Jeff

the whole design
Hmmm, that "M" looks more MarioKart than Mareographe.

Maybe try a font that isn't so cartoonish.

I believe the rest of the world has opened the Waitlist option now. I agree that they will all sell.
I would get one from Hodinkee website but then will have to pay import taxes. So it makes sense to wait till I can buy it locally.
Anthony, any idea when you'll be getting yours?

A scan of various major countries still shows as "Join The Waiting List" on the TAG websites, even though Hodinkee has now sold-out of their 125. So, it's unclear if other regions outside of the Americas have released the watch. The global rollout process on these seems a bit murky.

Anthony, any idea when you'll be getting yours?

A scan of various major countries still shows as "Join The Waiting List" on the TAG websites, even though Hodinkee has now sold-out of their 125. So, it's unclear if other regions outside of the Americas have released the watch. The global rollout process on these seems a bit murky.

I'm going into Boutique today.
I still believe it will be sometime in September.
I hope it's earlier but no confirmation.

Will get some more info today and share.

When you go onto the TAGHeuer.com website here in the United States, it indicates -- "out of stock online".

I would expect that TAG Heuer was required to "hold back" some of the 843 watches until Hodinkee had sold its 125 watches; now that Hodinkee has sold its allocation, I expect that we will see more of the watches becoming available through TAG Heuer, but I have no idea when the watches will be released or how it will work as between the various markets (United States versus rest of the world; online versus Boutiques; etc.).

My guess -- all 843 will be sold pretty quickly after they are released for purchase. People seem to like this watch.

Jeff

When you go onto the TAGHeuer.com website here in the United States, it indicates -- "out of stock online".

I would expect that TAG Heuer was required to "hold back" some of the 843 watches until Hodinkee had sold its 125 watches; now that Hodinkee has sold its allocation, I expect that we will see more of the watches becoming available through TAG Heuer, but I have no idea when the watches will be released or how it will work as between the various markets (United States versus rest of the world; online versus Boutiques; etc.).

My guess -- all 843 will be sold pretty quickly after they are released for purchase. People seem to like this watch.

Jeff

Is it possible that Hodinkee actually sold more than 125 watches? Have all the watches outside the waiting list approved by TAG Heuer actually been sold out by Hodinkee?

Hmmm, that "M" looks more MarioKart than Mareographe.

Maybe try a font that isn't so cartoonish.

Yes, this is my extra Mariokart watch clasp. I plan to customize this watch strap and pair it with Mariokart clasp. Mario is approximately equal to Mareo.

Based on @Kent's avatar, it appears to be. :)

Yes, this is my extra Mariokart watch clasp. I plan to customize this watch strap and pair it with Mariokart clasp. Mario is approximately equal to Mareo.

Is it possible that Hodinkee actually sold more than 125 watches? Have all the watches outside the waiting list approved by TAG Heuer actually been sold out by Hodinkee?
From what I read, each watch is individually numbered 1 to 968, with numbers 1/968 to 125/968 exclusively sold via Hodinkee. From 126 onwards by TAG Heuer.

In the US, TAG Boutique sales started on Aug 13th. I was told that the US Boutiques have already presold their initial allocation of about 60 or so. But another allocation is expected later.

TAG's US e-commerce on-line sales also started on Aug 13th and sold-out whatever allocation was set. This amount is separate from the Boutiques allocation.

So the initial North American allocation seems done, both Hodinkee & TAG Heuer. That's why I'm curious to see what happens next with the rest of the world.

Let's say US/Canada had 60 for Boutiques & 60 on-line (just a guess). Plus 125 via Hodinkee. That's about 245, leaving 723. That's still a fairly large number.
Edited:

Cool idea. Where are you getting the black and blue rally strap from?

Cool idea. Where are you getting the black and blue rally strap from?

I found a very good craftsman who makes watch straps and sent him the design and a brand new Monaco night driver strap. He will follow the pattern of the night driver strap and implement my design plan.

Looks like Australia will get allocation from September 1. What i think will happen here is the people on the wait list will get a watch up to the allocation to Australia.

Watch is available again on the hodinkee if anyone is looking to get one
No longer -- Hodinkee now says sold out, again.

I wonder if they're randomly getting small shipments, and listing only the ones they receive.
Edited: