Seafarer: TAG Heuer x Hodinkee Colab 8/8

No longer -- Hodinkee now says sold out, again.
I wonder if they're randomly getting small shipments, and listing only the ones they receive.
Just guessing, but I suspect it's people putting it into their shopping cart, but then not checking out, which releases the watch back into inventory again later on.

Just guessing, but I suspect it's people putting it into their shopping cart, but then not checking out, which releases the watch back into inventory again later on.
Or receiving it and then returns it, making returned purchases available again?

No longer -- Hodinkee now says sold out, again.

I wonder if they're randomly getting small shipments, and listing only the ones they receive.
I expect that Hodinkee has received all 125 of its watches and that it sold all of them. If any are returned by customers, perhaps they become available for sale again on the site.
Edited:

Well you waited for the right one, it looks awesome!! 👍🏻
Thank you. In my opinion, the appearance of this watch is perfect in all aspects, except that the clasp is a bit too large, resulting in a slight imbalance in proportion, making it look like a child wearing adult shoes.

Congrats @Kent! 🥳🥳🥳

Looking forward to seeing it with that custom strap and Mareo clasp. 😀
After receiving seafarer, I immediately adjusted the design. The main design change now is the addition of an embedded end link, which can cover a part of the case and avoid appearing thick. But this also increases the difficulty of handmade production, and I am currently discussing with craftsmen how to get a pair of end links with suitable dimensions. You probably won't be able to see the watch strap for a while. What do you think of this new design?

774b98b482b670c0a52f3b34b9207412.jpeg

After receiving seafarer, I immediately adjusted the design. The main design change now is the addition of an embedded end link, which can cover a part of the case and avoid appearing thick. But this also increases the difficulty of handmade production, and I am currently discussing with craftsmen how to get a pair of end links with suitable dimensions. You probably won't be able to see the watch strap for a while. What do you think of this new design?

I think it looks great either way. But this embedded end-link design is more in keeping with the OEM rubber strap's look.

I think it looks great either way. But this embedded end-link design is more in keeping with the OEM rubber strap's look.
Yes. I found that the shell of Carrera may appear thick at certain angles, when it paired with a traditional leather strap,such as the reversed panda below.
But The embedded end link rubber strap of Seafarer effectively blocks this unpleasant visual experience

IMG_3854.jpeg

IMG_3855.jpeg

are we able to swap out the clasp on the orginal seafarer strap to this more compact one ? probably from another carrera strap .
i hate that massive clasp

are we able to swap out the clasp on the orginal seafarer strap to this more compact one ? probably from another carrera strap .
i hate that massive clasp
No way. The minimum width of the rubber strap is 20mm, while the width of the other Carrera’s clasp is 18mm, unless the rubber strap is cut lengthwise, but that will be very ugly.

am I the only one having trouble removing my seafarer strap ? i tried with my strap tool a couple of times but nothing is moving image.jpg

am I the only one having trouble removing my seafarer strap ? i tried with my strap tool a couple of times but nothing is moving image.jpg
It has a different type of springbar, that tool doesn't work easily with it. See this thread: