Seafarer: TAG Heuer x Hodinkee Colab 8/8

Hi guys,which one is better?

2adb008857cd2ec7a66c9b6b6e63e92b.png
I like the look of the right, but it depends on how the end-link looks in real life. Where would you get the end-link from?

If it doesn't have a quality fit and finish, it'll cheapen the look of your beautiful time piece. In which case, I'd go for the left.

Gah left. I can’t stand those Endlinks for bracelets. Look terrible.

Left on the rally, Right with a more modern strap

absolutely the left one , like the OEM strap I like how it integrates with the case.
the right option feels like you're redesigning the case and frankly I feel it has lost it's simplicity and smoothness.

After staring at it for a while, I now see the difference, right hand strap for me.

NB. Where’s the smileys?

I like the look of the right, but it depends on how the end-link looks in real life. Where would you get the end-link from?

If it doesn't have a quality fit and finish, it'll cheapen the look of your beautiful time piece. In which case, I'd go for the left.
The implementation difficulty of left option is relatively high, as we have not yet found a suitable embedded end-link. On the contrary, the right option is relatively easy to implement, just buy the TAG Heuer 42mm carrera's original bracelet, then you can get the best steel end-link.

IMG_3891.jpeg

IMG_3893.jpeg
Edited:

absolutely the left one , like the OEM strap I like how it integrates with the case.
the right option feels like you're redesigning the case and frankly I feel it has lost it's simplicity and smoothness.
The right option looks like rolex daytona : )

IMG_3892.jpeg

The right option looks like rolex daytona : )

IMG_3892.jpeg
Ouch. Yes this is a clear negative but despite this I think it would look great

The implementation difficulty of left option is relatively high, as we have not yet found a suitable embedded end-link. On the contrary, the right option is relatively easy to implement, just buy the TAG Heuer 42mm carrera's original bracelet, then you can get the best steel end-link.

IMG_3891.jpeg

IMG_3893.jpeg
Yes, that should work. However, note that the end of the OEM end-link is almost flush with the top tip of the lug.
chronosprint-bracelet-jpg.1720199

Compared to your render which has the end-link indented a bit more, resulting in the leather portion showing more within the lugs. So, the look in real life will be slightly different from your render. For my taste, I'd prefer the leather to show further into the lugs, like your render.
1833682-6a268f900d06c08076cafedd710b9ba2.png

One idea if you prefer the look of your LEFT is to send your craftsman your OEM strap and have him model the end-link's exact dimensions. You could buy the OEM bracelet or just another inexpensive 3rd party strap to wear in the meantime.

Yes, that should work. However, note that the end of the OEM end-link is almost flush with the top tip of the lug.
chronosprint-bracelet-jpg.1720199

Compared to your render which has the end-link indented a bit more, resulting in the leather portion showing more within the lugs. So, the look in real life will be slightly different from your render. For my taste, I'd prefer the leather to show further into the lugs, like your render.
1833682-6a268f900d06c08076cafedd710b9ba2.png

One idea if you prefer the look of your LEFT is to send your craftsman your OEM strap and have him model the end-link's exact dimensions. You could buy the OEM bracelet or just another inexpensive 3rd party strap to wear in the meantime.
According to the craftsman, leather cannot support the shape of the end-link. It is necessary to find a plastic end-link of the appropriate size and wrap it in leather in order to create the OEM rubber straps style. For example, in the Cartier leather strap shown in the picture, there is a plastic end-link. The craftsman has not yet found a suitable plastic end-link and is unable to produce this type of plastic component.

IMG_3902.jpeg

I love an end link fitment on a rubber strap or a rubber strap that fits snug, cannot stand gaps on watch straps and cases.

I went the route of original end link & original rubber strap on my BB58. Costly but worth it IMHO & yes it gives of the Daytona Oysterflex vibe, which I don’t mind. DF57B271-3094-400A-AE95-9809826992AE.jpeg CE7C3031-CC1A-4DE4-8B7D-4ED4FEBC3EC6.jpeg

According to the craftsman, leather cannot support the shape of the end-link. It is necessary to find a plastic end-link of the appropriate size and wrap it in leather in order to create the OEM rubber straps style. For example, in the Cartier leather strap shown in the picture, there is a plastic end-link. The craftsman has not yet found a suitable plastic end-link and is unable to produce this type of plastic component.

IMG_3902.jpeg
Actually, that doesn't look like it would be very difficult to machine out of a piece of delrin. Basically, you want two inserts that will be wrapped in leather, with a hole for the spring bar in each one, right? If you could make up a simple drawing with dimensions (like a blueprint) of what you want, I could probably knock it out in short order.

Oh wow, clearly TAG Heuer watches are superb investments
Did you ever doubt it? Now... I have £8000 to invest, which new skeleton Carrera should I buy? Obviously I will keep this in a safe for ten years, looking to make 40-50% over that time.