Prototype TAG Heuer Edge

Hello all,
I am new to this forum and bought my first Tag watch. Usually in to vintage Military, but also like prototypes. So here is my latest acquisition. tagproto.jpg tagproto2.jpg tagproto4.jpg tagproto3.jpg tagproto2.jpg tagproto1.jpg

I've never seen this model watch before, so take my comment with a decent pinch of salt, but I think it's possible your dial has been replaced with one from a different model, say a 2000 / Professional diver. It also looks like it's been re-lumed (badly at 12 o'clock!).

Just found and bought correct dial.

Just found and bought correct dial.
Cool find, how much did it cost? The dial is definitely a replacement, and so is the bracelet. The fact that the bezel numbers are black filled makes me think the case was sourced from an RLT-29. I wonder what movement it has?

Edit: The Edge also originally had a knurled crown.
Edited:

El,
All I know is that it's a quartz movement right now. I did well as long as movement is correct. Will know more when it arrives, or when seller answers me back as I asked after seeing this post.

I can correct the crown for roughly $65 USD.

It's a cool thing to own, but you can kind of see why they decided not to make this in the end.... the picture in David's article where the bezel is turned is quite something to behold!

El,
All I know is that it's a quartz movement right now. I did well as long as movement is correct. Will know more when it arrives, or when seller answers me back as I asked after seeing this post.

I can correct the crown for roughly $65 USD.
All the Edge watches I've seen were put together using an RLT-sourced case, paired with whatever OEM TH parts that would fit. It's very rare to find a case that is matched with the correct dial, crown and bracelet as they are hard to find. They were also unique to the Edge model, and not used on any other TH watches. Genuine factory assembled Edge prototypes are almost non existant.

Search this Ebay item number to see what the correct bracelet looks like: 153259730866. I have never seen the end links for sale!

None of the photos in those articles appear for me
Can you please try again? They appear for me...

Can you please try again? They appear for me...
Sorry, nothing. Where are they hosted or give me the URL of one and I'll run some checks?

And similar in Firefox:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of i0.wp.com has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.

Works fine for me in safari on iPhone

And similar in Firefox:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of i0.wp.com has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.
That is odd. The link you posted works fine for me using Chrome. Thanks for the heads up...I'll look into it

That is odd. The link you posted works fine for me using Chrome. Thanks for the heads up...I'll look into it
Interestingly, if I load the links through a proxy, then I can see the images. So perhaps something to do with my ISP?