Forums Latest Members
  1. Williampartin

Williampartin May 22, 2022

I have recently acquired an edge prototype. Can anyone help me and tell me how much of it is original, thanks. 16532785516711149112257315928324.jpg

2. Mspeedster

Mspeedster May 23, 2022

Hard to say, since these were never officially released. Based on these two articles, I'd say the case, dial, crown and bracelet could be correct. If the right movement was used, you might have near perfectly made prototype. The only thing in question are the hands. The early prototypes were shown with Mercedes style hands, like yours. But the photos of what the released watch was supposed to look like show hands more similar to the current Formula 1.
    https://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-edge-chronograph-prototype/
    https://www.calibre11.com/inside-story-of-the-tag-heuer-edge/

There are others who have greater expertise on this watch, such as @Snowy and @Ara (heuerrooklyn on instagram) who have put together their own Edge watches. Perhaps they'll chime in.
    Snowy's watch: https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/...-you-wearing-wruw.19044/page-522#post-1918489
    Ara's watch: https://www.instagram.com/p/CdzLlPHJaB8/

Williampartin, Ara and Albert-AMG like this.
  3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph May 23, 2022

Would love one of these

Williampartin, Pitfitter446 and dtf like this.
  4. Williampartin

Williampartin May 23, 2022

Thanks

Mspeedster likes this.
  5. Ara

Ara May 23, 2022

Can’t give me too much credit. I bought mine finished on eBay. It’s terrific in person. I have the medium size case and it feels a bit small, like the 36mm Carrera. But…the case surprised me quite a but. The finish is excellent. It’s quite quirky and very contemporary in my opinion. With the right rubber strap it feels like a great sports watch though the lugs feel like they’re 17mm. The backstory is the main reason I bought it and very happy with that purchase.

6. Juzzie

Juzzie Jun 5, 2022

Hi, cool watch!! Pretty much everything you need to know about the Edge project is documented on the calibre11 website. It is a fascinating story. I have built and owned a few of these over the years and currently have a 3-hand version and a chrono. As others have said, I would say this is all original except the hands. Here is a picture of my 'edge twins'.

edges.JPG
    mattp, Michael156, dtf and 1 other person like this.
  7. Michael156

Michael156 Jun 12, 2022

Absolutely amazing.

If any model has intrigued me it is this one.

Well done.

8. Helgemox

Helgemox Jun 18, 2022

It is as original as it can be, but still not all original. You are missing the endlinks for the bracelet, these are very rear. You do not have the right hands, not even close. I have never seen the original hands for sale, but the closest you get on the jumbo is the hands from WAF1113. This watch was not intended to have mercedes hands. But the mercedes hands are quite common of the time period, and TH hands in the right size for the boysize without the mercedes is hard to find. So many of the boysize use hands from WD1210. The clasp is not visible on your picture. The clasp is the only part on this watch that have a number on it. Ba0250 for fullsize, Ba0251 for boy and ba0252 for ladies.

If any of you have the ladies case or chrono case for sale, please let me know. (Juzzie: would you sell yours?) Same thing goes for yellow or orange dials in any size, boy dials and jumbo clasp. And of course any endlink or original hands.

9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 27, 2022

Michael156 and Albert-AMG like this.
  10. Juzzie

Juzzie Jun 28, 2022

Yes - that is mine. Reluctant sale but I don't really wear it so it may as well go to somebody who will appreciate it. Price may seem a little high but reflects the rarity of this watch - I know I'd never be able to replace it if I have regrets!! If it doesn't sell I will keep it - it is nice to look at!!

Mspeedster likes this.
  11. cdd

cdd Mar 21, 2023

Hi I have one as well but without the bracelet just wondering if there are any marking on yours?

12. Juzzie

Juzzie Mar 22, 2023

Hi, what do you mean by markings? If you are referring to serial numbers then the 2 Edge's I owned did not have any serial numbers. Both are now sold. These were made from cases that somehow 'leaked' onto the market over the years after Tag scrapped the Edge project. However, I do now own a factory original Edge chrono and that does have a serial number!

13. Juzzie

Juzzie Mar 22, 2023

Sorry, should have said, I have owned quite a few of these over the years and also bought and sold quite a few cases. None have had serial numbers other than my factory original chrono.

14. Helgemox

Helgemox Mar 23, 2023

It depends what you mean with markings. It's quite a few variations of these (with very small diferences), it was produced more than 10.000 cases before all of them were supposed to be destroyed. What version and size do you have? (If it's the chrono or female, give me a offer to buy?) The only one I know with a referencenumber on the caseback is "Juzzie's" Chrono. Some of my dials has markings on the back. My original clasps all have numbers: BA0250 for the bigger one, BA0251 for the medium and BA0252 for the female. The endlinks for the female has a number. (Juzzi: Do the jumbo endlinks on your chrono have any numbers?) None of my medium cases has any markings what so ever. Most of my jumbo cases has a small "D" ingraved on the inside of the caseback. But one do not, even if everything else looks identical. (Might be some marking to separate the productionruns?) As far as I know the chrono cases have the same caseback as the jumbo, but I have not seen the "D" on any Chrono(?) And the only RLT29 I've had in my hand did not have the letter inside the caseback. I also have a strange jumbo case with a diferent caseback and diferent inside machining. Barth Nussbaumer (the designer) thought it might be one of the true prototypes they made to try to reduce the weight, but at the same time it fits a automatic movement, so I'm not sure what that case is. But it has no markings whatsoever.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  15. Juzzie

Juzzie Mar 25, 2023

Here is a picture of my factory-original chrono edgemarch.jpg

16. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Apr 1, 2023

hold on. what do you mean. They produced the fully finished prototypes from factory too?

17. Juzzie

Juzzie Apr 1, 2023

I don't think anybody really knows for certain but I think it is accepted by people who know the story of the Edge that a VERY small number of prototypes were assembled in the Tag factory. These are rare as hell but I am convinced the one I have is factory-original. Of course we do know that a small number were definitely assembled by Tag and given to members of the team who worked on the Edge project. I don't think mine is one of these as it has the first generation chrono dial (hour markers with no numbers) and I think the project team received the later version of the dial on their watches. I believe mine is part of a very small production run (probably 1997 or 1998) and some of these made their way out of the factory but, I am not sure if we will ever know for sure. That is the beauty of the Edge story - most of it is a mystery!!

18. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Apr 20, 2023

I got a couple cases, and I have no idea what to even do with them lol.

19. Helgemox

Helgemox Jul 2, 2023

What cases do you have? Most likely I would like to buy.

20. Helgemox

Helgemox Dec 20, 2023

I need help to figure out some issues with 2 watches I just bought. The right one is from my collection and it is asumed to be a all original Tag Heuer Edge. The midle one and left one: most of them look original. But all the logo's is missing. No logo on dials or caseback. The crown seems to be filed and polished where the logo is supposed to be. Not even the clasp is branded. But the movements inside is signed Tag Heuer. And the "D" is engraved inside the caseback. Can anyone figure out whybthe logo's is missing?

20231220_181702.jpg 20231220_181503.jpg 20231220_173906.jpg 20231220_173736.jpg
    Albert-AMG likes this.