Other Watches / Other Brands

I still like the idea of heritage inspired releases badged as Heuer and modern/contemporary releases badged as TAG Heuer.

I like iconic/ classic/ vintage as a whole. I get the Aquaracer is now aimed more at the youth.
I dont think only young people are the ones who like new and modern designs. Rob is a good example, he is pretty much a senior citizen and he loves dat new shit

Well since their whole schtick is being 'avant garde' they should stick to being modern. Cos there's nothing avant garde about remaking old designs.

Problem is most of those ‘avant garde’ watches are the looks only a mother can love

Some of you all know that I love Heuer dash-mounted timers, but I have to say this newest acquisition is freak'n cool! A 1980s rally icon, the Halda Rally Computer! All the Group B rally cars back in the day had these things mounted on their dash--Lancia, Porsche, Audi, etc. Halda has a pretty storied motorsport history as well and this was the company entry into the digital world. It has 3 distance counters that can add or subtract independently of each other as well as a stopwatch that can count up or down.

I love how my dash marries the analog and digital timekeeping worlds...

Very cool Matt, and with the Radio Shack CB your vintage racer is all set for the highways!

Some of you all know that I love Heuer dash-mounted timers, but I have to say this newest acquisition is freak'n cool! A 1980s rally icon, the Halda Rally Computer! All the Group B rally cars back in the day had these things mounted on their dash--Lancia, Porsche, Audi, etc. Halda has a pretty storied motorsport history as well and this was the company entry into the digital world. It has 3 distance counters that can add or subtract independently of each other as well as a stopwatch that can count up or down.

I love how my dash marries the analog and digital timekeeping worlds...

Cool! It’s like a Time Machine.

Cool! It’s like a Time Machine.

It really is. when I go on a drive I do feel like I step back into the 1980s...

Ben's wavering on his 'no watches in 2024 pledge methinks...'

Nope. I am still solid. I will make it through, short of a Pink Tudor Chrono which I am secretly hoping doesn’t become available for a while. 😀

I am starting to see a few other things I admire though. Or should I say re-admire as the Santos (for example) has been something I have been drawn to for some time now.

Prices are such that I might have to wait a few years mind you.

This is a good read on Christopher Ward - makes me want to have one, yet not found one that I like enough to spend money on https://www.esquire.com/uk/watches/a61469025/christopher-ward-watches/
There are a few that have caught my eye in fairness. Then I realised that they are similar to watches that I like from other brands, which put me off, along with using the Sellita SW200 which we all know is a time bomb.

They certainly make nice looking and nicely finished pieces for a good price though.

Yup. Saw that the other day when I posted above. I think that’s my favourite Santos of the current ones tbh. Superb!

This will be another marmite piece, but I think it looks great!

Haven't seen them in person but those POs look great, even the chronos. But they're just so thick. If there were more titanium options that'd be really interesting though

Tried this yesterday in Sorrento, nice but even discounted to €11300 a tad dear, wife just walked away.