Other Watches / Other Brands

"Years later", probably not. I would imagine it would be very difficult anyway. The whole point of their authentication service is that it's definitive. How are they then to know whether you have swapped out the watch and then later claim it's a fake and keep the original. This is the reason I wouldn't buy an Aquaracer except direct for Tag/AD or without categoric proof of it originally being sourced from there.
This is exactly the response I was expecting. I totally agree that the system can be abused, no question there. I just feel for those people who buy a fake Aquaracer and get a definitive assurance it is real from this service, only to find out later that it is fake when it comes to servicing.

Yeah. Either that or spend a little more and buy new from AD 😜
This is the only thing I would do tbh.

Yeah. Either that or spend a little more and buy new from AD 😜

I saved about 25% buying used, I think it’s worth it at that saving, but would only do it with a watch that I was confident was genuine.

This is the problem. People don't find out straight away. Almost no one is going to send it to the manufacturer for authentication when it's just been authenticated by eBay. They find out when it needs a battery or needs a service. 2-5 years down the line. So to me this 'service' isn't really worth the paper it's written on.

If eBay did the work and marked the case and the mechanism and then guaranteed the job for say 3 years the I’d consider using them then, after if it’s good on day one it’s the same in future?

I must admit the green bezel makes it a bit less boring

That comparison makes no sense. The Aquaracer is a contemporary sports watch. The black bay is an old fashioned classic looking dressy diver for people who like to sit down a lot.

But yes Doug, I can at least agree with you that the Seamaster looks like a messy disaster in its design

I don't like the new 'fat' hour hand on the Aquaracer, but I like the weird hands on the Omega even less.

Seamaster for me out of those 3 I'm afraid. I dislike the hands, I dislike the bracelet. But overall, it's still a fabulous watch. So much quality.

Seamaster for me out of those 3 I'm afraid. I dislike the hands, I dislike the bracelet. But overall, it's still a fabulous watch. So much quality.
Charles. I had no idea you a Omiiiiga fanboi. Wow. You think you know someone but even your closest friends can carry dark secrets like this.

Charles. I had no idea you a Omiiiiga fanboi. Wow. You think you know someone but even your closest friends can carry dark secrets like this.
Oh yeah. I've had a few Speedmasters, an Aqua Terra and even a Seamaster in the past!

Looks much classier than these two:

Indeed & have noticed a huge social media push by Tudor on the Harrods edition.

Either trying to sell the last ones or they are announcing a new model.

If they produced it as a BB58 I’ll have a hard time not to buy one, even in the new 41mm case. I’ll have to weigh up my options & I really don’t want a 4 watch Tudor collection in my house!
Edited:

That comparison makes no sense. The Aquaracer is a contemporary sports watch. The black bay is an old fashioned classic looking dressy diver for people who like to sit down a lot.

I like iconic/ classic/ vintage as a whole. I get the Aquaracer is now aimed more at the youth. Contemporary maybe. Even more so with Tag watching the new season of Drive 2 Survive.

Although I do feel it’s very much a scatter gun approach by Tag, & they’ve get to settle on what they want to do.

I find both Seamasters & Aquaracers look very dated as soon as newer model is released.

Part of me loves the news one, yet other times I look at them and think ‘Urghh Micro Brand’.

I’d argue Omega with Seamaster is more contemporary - ceramic dial, ceramic bezel, heck even one which is a ceramic case.
Edited:

Although I do feel it’s very much a scatter gun approach by Tag, & they’ve get to settle on what they want to do.

Well since their whole schtick is being 'avant garde' they should stick to being modern. Cos there's nothing avant garde about remaking old designs.