Other Watches / Other Brands

1000014467.jpg Tried this yesterday in Sorrento, nice but even discounted to €11300 a tad dear, wife just walked away.
How did you like it? Did it feel like a 11k watch?

Indeed & have noticed a huge social media push by Tudor on the Harrods edition.

Either trying to sell the last ones or they are announcing a new model.

If they produced it as a BB58 I’ll have a hard time not to buy one, even in the new 41mm case. I’ll have to weigh up my options & I really don’t want a 4 watch Tudor collection in my house!
(Answering before having read everything…)

The BB Harrods is a funny example of how hard the watch market has crashed:
- Initially, you had to ask to get on a list and search it in person in Lunndunn once they had one available for you,
- Then, no more list, but still in-person purchase only,
- And now they do mail order and even take care of all the customs paperwork if you buy one from outside Brexittania… And with the GBP down the drain, this is actually currently the least expensive 41mm BB with in-da-house caliber you can buy new…

Those wannabe speculators that bought one new 2-3 years ago and haven't sold it yet, must be rather frustrated.
Edited:

(Answering before having read anything…)

- Initially, you had to ask to get on a list and search it in person in Lunndunn once they had one available for you,
- And now they do mail order and even take care of all the customs paperwork if you buy one from outside Brexittania… And with the GBP down the drain, this is actually currently the least expensive 41mm BB with in-da-house caliber you can buy new…

Those wannabe speculators that bought one new 2-3 years ago and haven't sold it yet, must be rather frustrated.
LOL :D

(Answering before having read anything…)

What I think is interesting is that a couple years ago when they introduced it, I figured it’d be pretty limited production and they’d cut it after a year or two once sales at Harrods trickled off.
Instead it’s been kinda surprising to see that not only have they continued making it but now it’s their social media push. Thought that was a bit weird really

What I think is interesting is that a couple years ago when they introduced it, I figured it’d be pretty limited production and they’d cut it after a year or two once sales at Harrods trickled off.
Instead it’s been kinda surprising to see that not only have they continued making it but now it’s their social media push. Thought that was a bit weird really
I think the real question is whether they did continue making it, or whether in actual fact they stopped but haven’t been able to sell what they originally made?

I think the real question is whether they did continue making it, or whether in actual fact they stopped but haven’t been able to sell what they originally made?

Also possible, that's sort of what I was getting at though - did they ramp up production too much after the first year or two

Also possible, that's sort of what I was getting at though - did they ramp up production too much after the first year or two
I hear you. Tricky to tell and we’ll never get an honest answer.

Interesting one about the the potential future of the Swiss Watch industry:

Well that was interesting, he's certainly right about not everyone can be exclusive.... perhaps Rolex are to blame with their constant underpricing keeping the whole market pegged at an unacceptably low level.

But also, LVMH just spent $150m sponsoring F1, doesn't really smack of a brand who are worried.
Edited:

(Answering before having read everything…)

Good.

How did you like it? Did it feel like a 11k watch?
Hi, sorry about delay, holiday means I’m on reduced browsing, felt nice, just heavy enough for me, unfortunately bracelet big and hence no proper feel but size felt good across my wrist. I probably would have considered the non chrono version more my goal but assistant seemed a bit clueless on pricing and had to resort to going online to a catalogue to find prices, and wife was on her toes and out the shop so the visit was shortened.

Oh how the mighty have fallen!!! US$50,000 to now US$17,000.

upload_2024-6-26_14-54-19.png
Price check!!!
09 May 2024: US$50,000
09 August 2024: US$ 9,749

upload_2024-8-9_14-4-20.png

Wife says if you move the decimal point two places to the left………………..still no!

Watchfinder jumped on the bandwagon with 3 new available for sale too. I really wonder their strategy on picking up a watch for sale and flipping it, when its slowly becoming freely available.
upload_2024-8-9_14-25-8.png

Still double what I would pay, but I will pick one up at RRP when the time comes. Will be zero hype by then, which suits me perfectly. I buy for me, not everyone else. ;)

About 3x what I'd pay. Still think I prefer the white dial one anyway.

Watchfinder jumped on the bandwagon with 3 new available for sale too. I really wonder their strategy on picking up a watch for sale and flipping it, when its slowly becoming freely available.
upload_2024-8-9_14-25-8.png

Is that actually a £1600 discount?