What's on your wrist? / What are you wearing? (WRUW)

Very excited to see the 40mm Explorer, don’t know how I missed that. I tried a 39mm Explorer back in the crazy days where I could just walk into a store and buy one, I really regret not just buying it.
It’s very comfortable, a perfect size for me, and it goes well with any situation or style. Additionally I feel that the Explorer and The Ice King Carrera are a perfect two watch collection. Glad to have both in my rotation.

It’s very comfortable, a perfect size for me, and it goes well with any situation or style. Additionally I feel that the Explorer and The Ice King Carrera are a perfect two watch collection. Glad to have both in my rotation.

How do you find the 39 and 40mm compare? I’ve seen a number of posts saying they prefer the 39, even thou the 40 is a more accurate scale up of the 36mm.

The one that got away:
IMG_6986.jpeg

Cartier kind of day

Wife is pondering a Pasha at the moment. Can't get fully behind it as it isn't a TAG, but got to admit it is quite nice.

Wife is pondering a Pasha at the moment. Can't get fully behind it as it isn't a TAG, but got to admit it is quite nice.

do it branch out. See the light of other brands

When I bought this 2000 Classic in 2022 it came with the original box, papers, and warranty card that was filled out on the date of purchase in 2004. I can’t believe this thing was originally purchased 20 years ago. The original owner probably got a deal because 2004 was the year this model was discontinued, no? It’s funny to see the original MSRP on the box. $1,195. What does a silver dial automatic aquaracer go for in 2024? :eek:

When I bought this 2000 Classic in 2022 it came with the original box, papers, and warranty card that was filled out on the date of purchase in 2004. I can’t believe this thing was originally purchased 20 years ago. The original owner probably got a deal because 2004 was the year this model was discontinued, no? It’s funny to see the original MSRP on the box. $1,195. What does a silver dial automatic aquaracer go for in 2024? :eek:

Maybe not. I bought my wife a 2000 in 2004 and it was sold to us as an Aquaracer. If you look in the catalogue some residual 2000Es were relabelled Aquaracers, remember it doesn't actually say 2000 on the watch or even the booklet, so all they had to do was change the little plaque in the display case and there you go. For years we called it her 'Aquaracer' but then eventually as I got into the hobby I realised what she had was actually a 2000.

Maybe not. I bought my wife a 2000 in 2004 and it was sold to us as an Aquaracer. If you look in the catalogue some residual 2000Es were relabelled Aquaracers, remember it doesn't actually say 2000 on the watch or even the booklet, so all they had to do was change the little plaque in the display case and there you go. For years we called it her 'Aquaracer' but then eventually as I got into the hobby I realised what she had was actually a 2000.
Holy shit… I had no idea. That’s absolutely wild lol. I guess they are really close. Sometimes I use Aquaracer name to people who aren’t in the hobby, or know very little about TAG.

@dtf Comparing both in hand - to me the 40 was just that bit much better. The ar coating is a big plus. The dial details just pop a bit more. Size wise they seem identical, I still believe it’s actually 39mm. I’m really happy with mine but if it was stolen or damaged beyond repair, I’d get the newer version.[/QUOTE]

@dtf Comparing both in hand - to me the 40 was just that bit much better. The ar coating is a big plus. The dial details just pop a bit more. Size wise they seem identical, I still believe it’s actually 39mm. I’m really happy with mine but if it was stolen or damaged beyond repair, I’d get the newer version.

thanks. I’ll go try on a 40mm and see if I fall for it the way I did with the 39