Forums Latest Members
  1. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 3, 2018

Did you post it on instagram aswell? Saw someone posting recently their new purchase exactly like that.

Why is there a penis sticker on the side? :thumbsdown:

2. Gambba

Gambba Jan 3, 2018

This seems to fit into this category nicely.....after emptying the bar a freind and I stripped the walls of a few signs after a regional Tag Heuer event :D

The Tag Heuer regional team were well aware what was going on with live updates on WhatsApp :whipped:

The largest sign barely fit in the taxi and was immediately mounted on my mates wall in his man cave.

A23B5DAE-19F3-45D6-9A2F-DBFB0ED93D08.jpeg

Albert-AMG, El Matarife, dtf and 2 others like this.
  3. Gambba

Gambba Jan 3, 2018

That will be me on Instagram - gam88a

You really need to get out more....or get it out more often Jim....that’s the logo of Aigner not a mangled penis ::bleh::

4. imagwai

imagwai Jan 3, 2018

Now that's a bachelor pad. Although... scatter cushions?? ::confused2::

5. Gambba

Gambba Jan 3, 2018

Lol. It’s far from a batchelor pad....he has been given an area by the wife is all and is a work in progress.

6. elbeik

elbeik Jan 3, 2018

You should find yourself one of those Casio / Seiko / Rythm alarm clocks with a red seconds neddle to replace the missing one on yours.

7. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 3, 2018

Oh my gaaawd someone must have had a lot of fun drawing that penis as a joke suggestion for their logo, later seeing that the logo actually was approved ::facepalm2::

Well well now I know about Aigner "that company with a penis logo"

I love this forum, you guys teach me so much all the time :D

8. MRC

MRC Jan 3, 2018

It would not surprise me at all if this were quite true. When I worked in CAD-CAM software development it was possible to get "Easter Eggs" into the program and once I got a visual one into the product publicity brochure (link below). Another visual one that looked OK from one direction but not from another was discovered at the last moment and removed :whistling:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/54731504@N04/15233973709/in/album-72157647876208459/

Jim Dollares likes this.
  9. Gambba

Gambba Jan 3, 2018

It’s not missing though.....

Two versions of the clocks were retailed, one with alarm, and one without. The ones with Alarm had red hands for the alarm setting and were the ones pictured in the catalogues, but under the pictures two reference numbers were given for the two options. It does look somewhat unfinished without the red hand (or the later black Centred red hand) to be honest but it is how it left the factory.

I am not sure what is more “special” Jim, you or the logo. ::bleh::
    Aigner have been around since the 60’s and seems the logo is based on a horseshoe due to Aigner’s horse racing ties and arrangement of races.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  10. elbeik

elbeik Jan 4, 2018

I am talking about the seconds hand, not the alarm. I believe all versions have one and they are prone to fall.

13763152_1_x.jpg

bassem abadan and erich77 like this.
  11. Gambba

Gambba Jan 4, 2018

I bow to you @elbeik as I do believe you may well be correct.

I have seen so many over the years with and without the red hand I had assumed (incorrectly it seems) that they came with and without. Then when mine came I saw up close how unfinished it looked but assumed it was still the way it was meant to.....but I have seen the light! Lol.

Thank you for the insight and you can see from my previous post how convinced I was it was correct. :whipped:

I’d be interested to know more about the Seiko hand you mentioned.

12. elbeik

elbeik Jan 4, 2018

When you're walking around, check those shops that sell Casio / Seiko / Rhythm and other lower end watches.
    They often carry table alarm clocks, that could be had for 20$ or so.
    You'll need the seconds needle. It should fit.

[​IMG]

Gambba likes this.
  13. Squadrone Rosso

Squadrone Rosso Feb 3, 2018

14. elbeik

elbeik Feb 3, 2018

Calibre11 likes this.
  15. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 4, 2018

:eek: $2,199.00

I will pass. Besides, I already got my TAG Heuer fix for the day; I pulled the trigger on one from my wish list, a non-skeleton Heuer-01 anthracite. Special order, so the dealer told me a couple of weeks.
    car201wft6095_1512758917.jpg

16. Lugduno

Lugduno Feb 4, 2018

Well, I've said before that I'd love a helmet like that. but over USD2000 is kind of ridiculous when considering what else you can get for that money... So thanks, but no thanks for me personally!

That is such a cool Heuer01 watch! Tried it on a few weeks ago on Copenhagen Airport, but realised I actually enjoy a bit more of a vintage touch that my Autavia offers me! But if I was to buy a Carrera01, that would definitely be it!

Hubert likes this.
  17. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 4, 2018

Yes, I can't remember the original price for that helmet, but over $2K US Dlls. is just too much.

It's a nice alternative to the skeleton models. I've resisted this watch since it's introduction, but yesterday the dealer offered me a nice discount, so I couldn't say no. I'll share pictures when it arrives, hopefully in a week or two.

18. Lugduno

Lugduno Feb 4, 2018

Haha, those dealers definitely know how to persuade us, can't wait for some more photos once it arrives!

Hubert likes this.
  19. Gambba

Gambba Feb 7, 2018

Apparently a package was meant to be with me from Switzerland before Christmas, but an incomplete address meant it was returned, so they have tried again.

I have no clue what has been sent.......I’m intrigued as to what it could be, especially knowing who from TH sent it.

Will post pictures of whatever it is when I eventually get it.

20. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 7, 2018

Were you involved with the Globetrotters project?