New TAG Heuer CEO

Trying not to be judgmental here but with critical thought for that is young for a CEO.

Knowledge is a product of school, wisdom is a product of experience.

Let’s hope TH and LVMH have a good mentor program.

M.

Hmmm, LVMH founder Bernard Arnault appointing his 25 year old son as CEO of TAG Heuer? Seems like something a certain American president would do. :unsure:

While youth may not have the same accrued wisdom and experience as middle-age or seniority, it does carry the bravado and fearlessness to take on big risks, along with the eagerness to conquer the world.

I for one, believe this move has the potential to have a tremendous upside for TAG Heuer.

BTW, it doesn't hurt that Frédéric Arnault understands the fanaticism for Heuer and that he has a lot to prove.

Hmmm, LVMH founder Bernard Arnault appointing his 25 year old son as CEO of TAG Heuer? Seems like something a certain American president would do. :unsure:
Hah I was not aware of that! Well hopefully the kid has a good mentor in his father!

While youth may not have the same accrued wisdom and experience as middle-age or seniority, it does carry the bravado and fearlessness to take on big risks, along with the eagerness to conquer the world.

I for one, believe this move has the potential to have a tremendous upside for TAG Heuer.

BTW, it doesn't hurt that Frédéric Arnault understands the fanaticism for Heuer and that he has a lot to prove.

What fearless big risks do you hope that he will take that will have a tremendous upside for TAG Heuer?

W:)W! Such a huge undertaking at 25 years old with a brand celebrating 160 years! I am hopeful he will bring the brand closer and more tuned to the needs & expectations of new and old customers. The TAG Heuer collector/enthusiast community is very vibrant and active with a rich passion for the brand. We might even see him here in the Calibre 11 forum ;) From heritage, to digital, to haute horlogerie, there are a lot of things going on for TAG Heuer right now. Being the biggest of LVMH's watch brand, there is deep trust and credence to his ability and I do wish him very well. :) The strength of TAG Heuer are it's unparalleled history in motorsports, innovativeness (aways ahead "avant-garde"), fine quality Swiss watchmaking and an opportunity for anyone to step into Swiss watches. I'm sure they will bank on this great direction! Godspeed!

Trying not to be judgmental here but with critical thought for that is young for a CEO.

Knowledge is a product of school, wisdom is a product of experience.

Let’s hope TH and LVMH have a good mentor program.

M.
I'm excited. Alexandre Arnault has done a good job bringing Rimowa's brand into the 21st century, so hopefully his brother Frederic has similar success at the helm.

Micro: My personal hope is that Heuer's past and present get pulled closer within the heritage line (similar to what they did with the 160th Carrera).

Macro: Would be nice to focus more and streamline the overarching brand identity of TH. Catalog is all over the place.

Bush?

He’s 28 if that helps any :D

Bush?

He’s 28 if that helps any :D
Where did you get that Frederic is 28? All the articles say he's 25. His older brother Alexandre is 28.

Will Stéphane Bianchi remain as Head of LVMH Watch Division now that he is replaced by Frederic Arnault as CEO of TAG Heuer? ::confused2::

Will Stéphane Bianchi remain as Head of LVMH Watch Division now that he is replaced by Frederic Arnault as CEO of TAG Heuer? ::confused2::
Yes, and his role has been expanded.

"In a parallel move, Bianchi, who oversees all watch brands in addition to TAG Heuer, will get an expanded role that also oversees jewelry at LVMH, with the notable exception of Bulgari."

Oh! Thank you sir @Mspeedster :)

I’m sure true Calibre 11 & TH fans all over the world will still be deeply passionate about the brand. Hopefully this will usher in new excitement & renewed progress for TAG Heuer ::rimshot::

Yes, and his role has been expanded.

"In a parallel move, Bianchi, who oversees all watch brands in addition to TAG Heuer, will get an expanded role that also oversees jewelry at LVMH, with the notable exception of Bulgari."
Yes, I noted this on the 2nd post.